Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I just replaced my ball joints on my 2020 JLURD at 22k miles. I went with the dynatrac rebuildable ball joints that are heavy duty!!!

My windshield cracked at 3 week mark when some dumbass playing with her phone went off the side of the road and kicked up rocks.
I guess I win the booby prize here. Mine cracked one week to the hour from delivery. Two inch diameter crack, but not where it bothers me, so I had it patched.

BF956D03-D624-464E-8D9F-F921D776DACE.jpeg
Sponsored

mmbagates

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I finally got a stone chip after 5 years of owning a Jeep and then got two more within the same week. I wanted to upgrade to the Gorilla Glass windshield but was told by Safelite that it is not compatible with the advanced safety group. Has anyone been told this?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got a stone chip after 5 years of owning a Jeep and then got two more within the same week. I wanted to upgrade to the Gorilla Glass windshield but was told by Safelite that it is not compatible with the advanced safety group. Has anyone been told this?
Yea I think someone in this forum mentioned that.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Jeep allowed me to order both the gorilla glass option and the advanced safety group, so it seems unlikely. Or there’s another version of it that’s not out for aftermarket yet.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Is there a nationwide alternative to Safelite? They said no to Gorilla Glass version and I don’t have ACC. And who would install the Gorilla Glass version if I order it? I’ve asked around and can’t find anyone.

Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I installed the Gorilla Glass and it has held up well. It still gets those small chips, but they don't seem to be nearly as bad. The chips are just on the surface and have not splintered like the original glass. I have been hit by a few rocks in the past months that would have certainly destroyed the OEM glass. I am a believer in it, but like others have said, you can by 2 or 3 cheap replacements for the same prices a the Gorilla Glass. Unfortunately, my insurance company (USAA) does not offer windshield replacement insurance here in Denver. I can replace one for my deductible, which I may do next time. Now that I have the Gorilla Glass on there, I should be able to demand replacement with Gorilla Glass as it is a manufacture installed upgrade. They would have no idea whether it came on the vehicle or not. I realize they could pull up the VIN and probably figure it out, but they most likely would not do that. So a replacement would only cost me $500 and at that price, I do think it is worth it over the standard glass.

2019 JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Why would advance safety package even be changed when you replace the windshield. When you fold the windshield down the advance safety box does not even get moved, you have a cover that you can put over it to protect it. If anyony knows something about this please chime in.

PriamX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 CJ-2A, 2019 JLU
I too am interested in solving this mystery. My machine has the ACC package. If you go to the Gorilla glass Mopar page for the Wrangler:

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/shop/parts/gorilla-glass.html

It only lists one part number for each of the JK, JL and JT. Whereas, there are at least two part numbers for the OEM glass (one for ACC and one without). So I'm suspecting the GG is not yet available for machines with ACC. But then, why doesn't the website make that distinction? Odd.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I just saw this is now a $495 upgrade!!! If it is not covered under the warranty for two years, there is no way I would pay for that option!

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Is there a nationwide alternative to Safelite? They said no to Gorilla Glass version and I don’t have ACC. And who would install the Gorilla Glass version if I order it? I’ve asked around and can’t find anyone.
Check with( precision auto glass). They ordered and installed mine. I do not have the safety group everyone is talking about.
Sponsored