Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Hmmm, the part list there is showing both front shocks as unavailable.

But someone did mention they are ~$1400 per front. and something like $1100 per rear.

Dang.. fugetaboutit!!!
Yeah.... $5,000 before tax for new Mojave shocks vs. ~$300 for JT Rubicon take-offs.

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to install the bushings? I failed miserably for 2 days. I do not have a press, and my C clamp isn’t working.
I have an impact drill, and a ratchet

66E7A25F-942D-4E4B-96AD-7852003B870B.jpeg
Where did you get the new bushings?

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Installed gladiator rubicon shocks on my sport with rubicon springs. I had red rubicon shocks for about 20k miles and one front and one rear started leaking. So far really like new shocks, ride is way softer, but not bouncy. Not much brake dive.
I reused upper bushings from red shocks. To make things easier and not to destroy the lip on the bushing I partially pushed the bushing from the red shock with gear puller so the lip is inside the shock opening, than put red shock on top of the gladiator shock and pushed the bushing to the gladiator shock using red shock as a guide using bigger gear puller.

Last edited:

B&Wpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler rubicon unlimited
Just changed front shock . Still looking for way to put rear shocks. I looked gladiator shocks , bushing seems to be very hard to pull out or in.

15B5F959-BE6C-48CE-9286-4790518CE991.jpeg

B&Wpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler rubicon unlimited
Installed gladiator rubicon shocks on my sport with rubicon springs. I had red rubicon shocks for about 20k miles and one front and one rear started leaking. So far really like new shocks, ride is way softer, but not bouncy. Not much brake dive.
I reused upper bushings from red shocks. To make things easier and not to destroy the lip on the bushing I partially pushed the bushing from the red shock with gear puller so the lip is inside the shock opening, than put red shock on top of the gladiator shock and pushed the bushing to the gladiator shock using red shock as a guide using bigger gear puller.

which bolts did u use ? From jl or gladiator bolts ?

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
which bolts did u use ? From jl or gladiator bolts ?
JL bolts for now. With all the negative reviews I was not sure I'll like JT shocks, but will change to 14mm lower bolts. Actually I dont have any clicking or any other negative effects with JL bolts.

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys

But you didn’t change out the rear bottom bushing? So you have a 13 bolt in a 14 hole? Don’t know if that’s safe or not lol

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think its safe for now, I'll change the bolts soon. Even holes in stock bushing have some play with stock bolts, I have slightly more potential play for now, and with the bolts properly torqued down there should not be any play at all unless you are jumping your Jeep.

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
I think its safe for now, I'll change the bolts soon. Even holes in stock bushing have some play with stock bolts, I have slightly more potential play for now, and with the bolts properly torqued down there should not be any play at all unless you are jumping your Jeep.
Why not just press out the bottom bearings too to transfer them to the fox shocks? Or do they not fit

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not just press out the bottom bearings too to transfer them to the fox shocks? Or do they not fit
Somebody in this thread or other mentioned, that the JL bottom bushing is a very loose fit for the JT shock, so I assumed they don't fit properly.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Somebody in this thread or other mentioned, that the JL bottom bushing is a very loose fit for the JT shock, so I assumed they don't fit properly.
Correct.

I ordered 2 new bushings from the part # posted on this thread. Inserted them into the bottom of the JT Fox shocks. They're not "press fit"...you can just push them in with your hand.

I've since then installed them, torqued to spec with no issues.

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
Correct.

I ordered 2 new bushings from the part # posted on this thread. Inserted them into the bottom of the JT Fox shocks. They're not "press fit"...you can just push them in with your hand.

I've since then installed them, torqued to spec with no issues.
Did you order all new bushings? Or just the bottom?
Sponsored