Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I'm thinking if we can order the JL Rubicon(or sport/Sahara) bottom bushings and install them on the JT Gladiator rear fox shocks.
Those bushing are the same as the ones we ordered, ie too small. I just put the original ones back in and got m14 bolts. Only had to ream out the lower bolt a very small amount and done for good.
Gregj
Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I see...I should have probably went that route.

Oh wells too late now. I tossed out those bushings :(

Did you have to drill a bigger hole?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drilled the lower mount holes on the axle for the larger bolts, you could use a file to open them up as they are barely too small.
Gregj

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
I also use a set of Gladiator JT shocks on my JL 2 door Rubicon. A friend of mine just CNCed me some adapters for the rear upper end.

They are sweet. seems to be much softer, but all they do is: They work a lot better.

On the street you won't notice any bump or hole in the seats - nearly.

Offroad - which means for me: going on a hunt and take some bumpy forrest trails - they also perform much much better. Where I could just drive about 10-15 mph before it gets uncomfortable with stock shocks, I can now go for a good 20-25 mph on field and forrest "driveways".

For me: the best priceable option to go when you will stay with stock height or just add some +30mm springs.

Greets

Tobias

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I also use a set of Gladiator JT shocks on my JL 2 door Rubicon. A friend of mine just CNCed me some adapters for the rear upper end.

They are sweet. seems to be much softer, but all they do is: They work a lot better.

On the street you won't notice any bump or hole in the seats - nearly.

Offroad - which means for me: going on a hunt and take some bumpy forrest trails - they also perform much much better. Where I could just drive about 10-15 mph before it gets uncomfortable with stock shocks, I can now go for a good 20-25 mph on field and forrest "driveways".

For me: the best priceable option to go when you will stay with stock height or just add some +30mm springs.

Greets

Tobias

Jeep Wrangler JL Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR? 005

Did you change the springs?

Sponsored

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
Not yet, will Change to Eibach +30mm springs in June.

The front Gladiator springs would fit, but it's hard to find suitable single rear springs here in Germany.

EDIT:

The car is expected to be a little bit harder again with the planned EIBACH springs, but it's the only way to do a budget solution in our country.
I would love to go with OME springs.. but not to get here for a JL.

Last edited:

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
Sorry just reading into this, but what about a spacers for the top of the rear shocks? Is that needed? Or just swap in the new rubber and bolt on?

Easiest way to make rear JT Rubicon shocks work on JL is to order and install the JT Rubicon front bushings in them.

Top PN 68274895AA
Bottom PN 68274045AA

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry just reading into this, but what about a spacers for the top of the rear shocks? Is that needed? Or just swap in the new rubber and bolt on?
Just FYI, that bottom bushing is not the right one. Easiest way to do the swap is change the upper bushing and drill out the bottom hole for a 14 mm bolt.
Gregj

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
Just FYI, that bottom bushing is not the right one. Easiest way to do the swap is change the upper bushing and drill out the bottom hole for a 14 mm bolt.
Gregj
Drill out what exactly? The hole on the axle it goes into? Iā€™d rather not. If I ever lift my Jeep which I plan on doing next year, Iā€™ll be shit out of luck with a 14mm hole and the shocks needed to upgrade have a 13mm

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, drill out the lower shock mount hole. It doesnā€™t take very much to make a 14 mm bolt fit. Or you could just use the 13 mm bolt in the lower mount if you donā€™t want to drill it out. I looked and could not find a bushing with a 13 mm bolt hole that was a press fit in the shock.
Gregj

Sponsored

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
Yes, drill out the lower shock mount hole. It doesnā€™t take very much to make a 14 mm bolt fit. Or you could just use the 13 mm bolt in the lower mount if you donā€™t want to drill it out. I looked and could not find a bushing with a 13 mm bolt hole that was a press fit in the shock.
Gregj
Hmm I wonder if pushing the one that doesnā€™t press in is a big deal.. ? I came across free shocks so Iā€™m going to throw the fronts on today.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm I wonder if pushing the one that doesnā€™t press in is a big deal.. ? I came across free shocks so Iā€™m going to throw the fronts on today.
Itā€™s not a tight fit and Iā€™m sure it will get looser over time.
Gregj