Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Will know for sure on Friday. Had him measure free length and were the same a stock jl rubicon
Sponsored

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Working with factory JL Rubicon. It will be a fun project. Lots of picture's, I'm sure. Or will be a bust and have to resale them.

Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your mall crawler is so decked out.

@Kevin Mojito Lol, so I don't have a lift and my wheels are hiding my Fox shocks :(, barely can even see it. I see your shocks clearly

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
LOL

I was able to swap these shocks out to the Gladiator JT Rubicon fox shocks on my JLUSahara on Rubicon tires/wheels.......Took me about 20-25mins per shock. Easy. The hardest part was putting the new bushings in, although some part of the rubber flap was torn, but didn't affect the installation.

It's a night and day difference in ride quality, with a lot less bounce. It's like a feeling of an SUV.

Highly recommended.
Really? I have heard the opposite that it rides too soft. Man i guess i need to drive one with the swap.

Sponsored

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really? I have heard the opposite that it rides too soft. Man i guess i need to drive one with the swap.
You want to keep them with a factory springs. They work nice with the 3.0 Diesel springs on a gasser.
I keep going back to these Rubicon fox shocks. I have the Synergy springs on right now, and they are having a hard time with body sway. The progressive of Synergy spring are softer then the stock springs at ride height. I would like to get a set of the JT Diesel Rubicon fox shocks to try out. Just not any out there yet ( at the right price .)

I should have a set the Mojave in today. These should be real fun to play with.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I'm on factory springs....I dont want a lift. The fox shocks are a lot less bouncier than my stock shocks. (which is what I wanted)

OP
OP
Toycrusher

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm on factory springs....I dont want a lift. The fox shocks are a lot less bouncier than my stock shocks. (which is what I wanted)
To clarify, if you intentionally drive on the rumble strips on the side of the highway, do you feel them more or less than before?

If you run over a speed bump at faster than the posted speed, how quickly does your jeep regain composure?

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
It's a lot less bouncy,,thats the best I can explain.

The stock shocks really suck and a lot more stiff than the Rubicon Fox shocks.
Sponsored