Garage door button on sunvisor ?

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Spent hours trying to get this to work a few months back. Turned out I had a bad/weak garage door remote. Tried my wife’s and it worked the first time.
Same thing happen to me. I was trying to use a remplacement remote for my Chamberlin and I could never get it to work. Found a original remote, put new batteries in and first time got the homelink to work.
Sponsored

19JLRuby

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
System Engineer
With the car running, hold the outter 2 buttons to reset the Homelink. Hit the learn button on your garage door motor. Then hold the Homelink button and press/hold the garage door remote button for 2 seconds, then release. Repeat until the Homelink button programs. You should see your garage lights flash to confirm.
I set mine up today with no issues. Will Homelink only open/close my Garage doors when the engine is running?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I set mine up today with no issues. Will Homelink only open/close my Garage doors when the engine is running?
Engine doesn’t have to be running. Just the ignition in the “ON” position.

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S turbo. 2012 Road Glide. 2015 Chrysler 200s V6 AWD.
Occupation
US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I am having the exact same issue; super frustrating! I’ve tried all the above methods and can not get anything more than a slow flashing light. I’ve held the garage opener button down for almost 2 solid minutes, varying the distance from the sun visor. Opener is made in China, brand is Linear Model LD050. HELP PLEASE. I even tried the Canadian method but no dice. I’ve tried in the garage out of the garage, eyes closed, hand in pocket but nothing works lol

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I am having the exact same issue; super frustrating! I’ve tried all the above methods and can not get anything more than a slow flashing light. I’ve held the garage opener button down for almost 2 solid minutes, varying the distance from the sun visor. Opener is made in China, brand is Linear Model LD050. HELP PLEASE. I even tried the Canadian method but no dice. I’ve tried in the garage out of the garage, eyes closed, hand in pocket but nothing works lol
I have a Linear LD050 and had no issue programming using the method below. I programmed mine while sitting in the garage though I've read others state the vehicle needs to be further away from the actual garage door opener. Note, I did not need to hit the learn button on my door opener.

With the car running or ignition on, hold the outer 2 buttons to reset the Homelink. Hold the Homelink button and press/hold the garage door remote button for 9 seconds, then release. Repeat until the Homelink button programs - you should see your garage lights flash to confirm.

Sponsored

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S turbo. 2012 Road Glide. 2015 Chrysler 200s V6 AWD.
Occupation
US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Linear LD050 and had no issue programming using the method below. I programmed mine while sitting in the garage though I've read others state the vehicle needs to be further away from the actual garage door opener. Note, I did not need to hit the learn button on my door opener.

With the car running or ignition on, hold the outer 2 buttons to reset the Homelink. Hold the Homelink button and press/hold the garage door remote button for 9 seconds, then release. Repeat until the Homelink button programs - you should see your garage lights flash to confirm.

Did it make a difference which one of the homelink buttons you chose ?

Godfadr

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
I had no clue in regard to my 6 year old LiftMaster garage door openers (2). I first tried the method where you climb the ladder and push the button on the door opener and that did not work. I tried 3 times. Then I used the other method. I followed directions on this video. I did two different garage door openers. No, no tricks. Had remote about 2 inches from HomeLink during the process. I had JL in RUN !

This video solved my problem. Turned out I had a rolling code (I had no idea). Worked perfectly. Thanks!

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Just thought I would add this, I have a sommer direct drive opener. I ended up finding the instructions for home link in the sommer manual. It was a little different than any other instructions I found. I had to hold ALL 3 buttons down for 30 sec until the light went out completely. Then push button 1, then learn on the opener, then I think the button 1 again once or twice. I am glad that I was able to download the instruction manual for my opener that had these instructions specific for Homelink because it was not like any of the videos I had found. It works now

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just thought I would add this, I have a sommer direct drive opener. I ended up finding the instructions for home link in the sommer manual. It was a little different than any other instructions I found. I had to hold ALL 3 buttons down for 30 sec until the light went out completely. Then push button 1, then learn on the opener, then I think the button 1 again once or twice. I am glad that I was able to download the instruction manual for my opener that had these instructions specific for Homelink because it was not like any of the videos I had found. It works now
I'll have to try this today. Every few months I get so fed up and end up trying again. Every time it fails. Maybe my Garage door vendor has some updated docs like you found. I can get everything programmed it just never opens smoothly. It'll open a bit and stop. Hit the button and it closes, hit again and hope it opens but most likely open a bit and stop, and repeat. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
I'll have to try this today. Every few months I get so fed up and end up trying again. Every time it fails. Maybe my Garage door vendor has some updated docs like you found. I can get everything programmed it just never opens smoothly. It'll open a bit and stop. Hit the button and it closes, hit again and hope it opens but most likely open a bit and stop, and repeat. Thanks for sharing.
It might not be the case but it sounds like your limit switch isn't adjusted properly. Does it open normal using the button on the wall or does it do the same thing?

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It might not be the case but it sounds like your limit switch isn't adjusted properly. Does it open normal using the button on the wall or does it do the same thing?
100% perfect otherwise. It’s like the rolling code changes as its trying to close or open and the button gets hit twice.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
You guys are amazing, thank you for this thread! Although my JLU is at the dealership, I was able to finally program my wife’s Infiniti after several years and several frustrating experiences with our ancient non-rolling code opener! Can’t wait to program my Sahara!!!

31CDCBD2-30D3-4384-87E1-49A721987135.jpeg

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
This is from my manual for MY opener. I started at step 1 since it was the first time i used homelink. Worked first attemp .

Screenshot_20190929-172322_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get around to messing with this yesterday but I did see Mopar dropped a video on Sept 26th.

With rolling code, after watching the video this is what I am going to try, which I'd swear I've done half a dozen times already,
  1. Reset HomeLink

To do this, simply push and hold the two outside buttons until the indicator light flashes. This could take up to 20 seconds. This procedure erases all three HomeLink button programs, so you only need to do it once.

2. Put the ignition switch in the On/Run position, but don’t start the engine. Hold the handheld transmitter 1 to 3 inches or 3 to 8 centimeters away from your HomeLink system. Now, simultaneously push and hold both the HomeLink button you want to program and the handheld transmitter button. Watch the HomeLink indicator light. It will flash slowly at first, and then rapidly. It may take 30 seconds or more for the rapid flashing to occur. When it does, release both buttons. The garage door may open and close while you’re programming. To check your programming, push and hold the just programmed HomeLink button and observe the indicator light. If the indicator light stays on continuously, then programming is complete and the garage door should activate when the HomeLink button is pushed.

3. Go to the garage door opener and once again find the Learn or Train button. Firmly push and release it.

4. You now have 30 seconds to return to the HomeLink system, so move quickly. Better yet, it might be good to have a second person standing by at the HomeLink system. Push the HomeLink button for 2 seconds, followed by 2 seconds. If the opener is plugged in and activates, programming is complete. If it does not activate, push the button a third time for 2 seconds to complete the training.
Sponsored