Garage door button on sunvisor ?

Sgtmaj65

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
I tried but still could not set the garage door opener to work.
Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
It works awesome, once you program it. I pulled the online manual up on the UConnect and after several on attempted, they linked and it works perfectly. Actually better than the remote I had (better range).

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Last edited:

RNJeeper

First Name
Brooke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU white Sport S
Occupation
RN
After many many failed attempts at setting my opener by the video and website instructions for home link, I tried this third way that I found in the manual. Success finally! And was able to do the same with my husbands BMW that we have never been able to get to work lol. Unplug the garage opener (or trip the GFI like I did) so the door doesn’t open a million times.

67EA999E-A16C-4090-ADC0-ACB9BD16D7A7.png

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
After many many failed attempts at setting my opener by the video and website instructions for home link, I tried this third way that I found in the manual. Success finally! And was able to do the same with my husbands BMW that we have never been able to get to work lol. Unplug the garage opener (or trip the GFI like I did) so the door doesn’t open a million times.
@RNJeeper

Not sure why you had so may failed attempts. Perhaps your battery is week in your hand held garage door transmitter....

For the record, the video I posted earlier in this thread, clearly explains that exact same way that is mentioned in the manual.

You have an older garage door opener (no rolling codes) so actually set-up of Homelink should have been less steps for you, versus someone with a rolling code door opener.

Last edited:

RNJeeper

First Name
Brooke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RN
@RNJeeper

Not sure why you had so may failed attempts. Perhaps your battery is week in your hand held garage door transmitter....

For the record, the video I posted earlier in this thread, clearly explains that exact same way that is mentioned in the manual.

You have an older garage door opener (no rolling codes) so actually set-up of Homelink should have been less steps for you, versus someone with a rolling code door opener.
The video instructs you to hold the homelink button and handheld transmitter button at the same time until it programs. Which did not work for me. And the other way of pressing the learn button and the. Pressing homelink for 2 seconds x 3 times which also did not work. The third way in the manual is holding the homelink button and pressing the handheld transmitter for two seconds over and over until it programs which finally worked after about 45 seconds of doing it. It says it is for Canadian openers which makes sense because my opener says made in Canada on it even though I live in Florida...

82310AB3-ABD6-420A-91EC-D607CBFF96B9.png

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
snipe:
It says it is for Canadian openers which makes sense because my opener says made in Canada on it even though I live in Florida...
I hear ya. Your post here will undoubtedly be helpful to someone else, say with a Canadian garage door opener. Thanks for taking the time to post here.

I bet your place was at one time owned by a canuck. That Snowbird brought the garage door opener with him from Canada.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I've had all different luck programming homelink with vehicles. Some worked the first try, some took many tries.

If I recall some were sensitive to placement of the remote to the visor/homelink button. I think one vehicle I was pretty much touching it while some you could be 6" away.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I've had all different luck programming homelink with vehicles. Some worked the first try, some took many tries.

If I recall some were sensitive to placement of the remote to the visor/homelink button. I think one vehicle I was pretty much touching it while some you could be 6" away.
Again, older garage door opener. Garage door openers (transmitter and receiver) have come a long way technology wise. Those with newer garage door openers, hopefully, should not see quite the hassle with programming HomeLink.

You see only a handful posting on the forum that they had issues with HomeLink programming.

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Not sure how you assume it was an older garage door opener? It was the same opener, remote, different vehicles.

Just putting that out there that the distance from remote to the HL button seemed to matter on some vehicles I've had and not others. YMMV.

RNJeeper

First Name
Brooke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RN
snipe:

I hear ya. Your post here will undoubtedly be helpful to someone else, say with a Canadian garage door opener. Thanks for taking the time to post here.

I bet your place was at one time owned by a canuck. That Snowbird brought the garage door opener with him from Canada.
Haha it’s pretty likely. Panama City Beach is FULL of Canadians.... including myself, I stick around all year though lol.

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I just recommend only programming the garage door buttons if you park in the garage. Far too often they are used to break into homes when parking outside.
The vehicle has to be started for the GD remote to work.

Bearkat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
None of these methods are working for our JL. The Homelink indicator light never changes and flashes rapidly. It just stays flashing slowly until it finally goes off after 60 seconds or so.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
None of these methods are working for our JL. The Homelink indicator light never changes and flashes rapidly. It just stays flashing slowly until it finally goes off after 60 seconds or so.
Are you only performing the steps for the new garage door openers with a rolling code? That was my mistake. If this is what you are doing perform the steps for non rolling and then the "extra" steps for the rolling type.
Sponsored