First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I’m lazy...didn’t want to mess with any of that, I just ordered the one for JK , with a 1-1/2” tie rod clamp, since I have the synergy tie rod, If you have factory tie rod , you’ll need the 1-5/8”’clamp..... but , who knows when I’ll actually get it, I ordered in mid March, then all hell broke loose, so I wait...........:facepalm:
Yeah, thats what I bought but Steph already has the JL version so cheaper to retrofit versus replace. Plus resale market in Switzerland is provably pretty limited for the JL parts ;)
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, thats what I bought but Steph already has the JL version so cheaper to retrofit versus replace. Plus resale market in Switzerland is provably pretty limited for the JL parts ;)
Copy that... I thought he was still shopping....:)

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
You might be right..... went back and re-read and it's not clear if he has it already or not.

Steph if you've not bought already this is the better option as @Roky points out.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-rac...s-20-ats-steering-stabilizer-jeep-wrangler-jk

Hope this helps.

By the way I am back and forth to Switzerland every 6 to 8 weeks for work (paused now due to COVID but will start up again eventually) so if you ever need an "ex pat" jeep parts mule let me know. Happy to throw small items in the suitcase to bring over for you. I always bring a bigger suitcase as need the space as my wife always sends me a list of cheese and chocolates she wants brought back. We lived in Switzerland in St Gallen for 2 years - miss if very much.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Yes, in the first photo the comments are correct. When you take off the threaded part the JL bracket bolts to you will be left with a hole that the Synergy 1/2 bolt goes through.

The other way to do this would be to order:

https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Shocks-803-02-039-Mounting-Aluminum/dp/B013G3MGIG

and

https://www.quadratec.com/p/synergy-manufacturing/track-bar-stabilizer-stud-wrangler-jk-jl-8806-01

That way the clamp also says Fox.

A few dollars more.....
Thank you John, for your big help :like::like::like:

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m lazy...didn’t want to mess with any of that, I just ordered the one for JK , with a 1-1/2” tie rod clamp, since I have the synergy tie rod, If you have factory tie rod , you’ll need the 1-5/8”’clamp..... but , who knows when I’ll actually get it, I ordered in mid March, then all hell broke loose, so I wait...........:facepalm:
I already have the "Fox® Racing Shox 983-02-148" installed on my Jeep and I find really "amazing" of the kit planned for the JL with no improvement for a less exposed assembly.
That's why I want to change

Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I confirm I have already installed it and I would like to modify the fixation.

Yes, here JLs are quite rare and few parts available, I order everything in the USA, even with the big shipping and tax costs, it often costs less than buying it from a reseller to me

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
By the way I am back and forth to Switzerland every 6 to 8 weeks for work (paused now due to COVID but will start up again eventually) so if you ever need an "ex pat" jeep parts mule let me know. Happy to throw small items in the suitcase to bring over for you. I always bring a bigger suitcase as need the space as my wife always sends me a list of cheese and chocolates she wants brought back. We lived in Switzerland in St Gallen for 2 years - miss if very much.
John,

Thank you very much for your proposal ;)... I keep your great proposal and if "need your suitcase" I will contact you in PM :)

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
For those of you who installed the Synergy post mount at the track bar, did you remove the stainless spacers on that end that come with the Fox SS? I attempted to use the steer smarts bracket but a no go. Gap they provide is less than stock and does not work with the steering stabilizer.

wheels082

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2010 JKU, 1994 XJ
I think this is the best looking steering stabilizer on the market. Is the reason for using the JK version because the way it mounts it is better protected than the JL version? Thanks

WelderJay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I called fox when I had a stripped thread on my new JL ATS. I asked what the difference was and they said the rod end that has the adjuster knob is physically longer on the JL version than on the JK. I was told by 1". I was told this because I asked if I could get their relocate mount from the JK instead of replacing the stripped part. I was also recommended to try Synergy's Relocate stud and Fox's tie rod clamp. I did and I am working on relocating it tonight if the tie rod clamp shows up.

The Synergy stud is the only one that works because it has a female thread into the stud instead of a male thread for a nut and washer machined onto the stud. Fox's has a male bolt off the stud and will hit the tie rod.

Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

WelderJay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
It should, it depends which one you ordered and for which tie rod, aftermarket or stock? The stock tie rod measures 1.575" I think the 1-5/8"(1.625") clamp should tighten small enough for the stock 1.575" tie rod. Synergy said they don't make a clamp for the stock tie rod., but I think it should work.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
According to the information put at Quadratec, in the link I mentioned above, it is written that 1-5/8 is for the "factory" precisely!?

2020JLURUBICON

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Rubicon
Hello all, I wanted to see if anyone with the stock tie rod that has successfully installed the JK steering stabilizer could post pictures of your install. Also did you use the fox 1 5/8” tie rod clamp Ghat comes on it successfully? I want to be sure I am doing this right!
Sponsored