Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased this blind since I had yet to see one installed on a JL. There were a few at SEMA but most had aftermarket axles, and the one that looked stock had it mounted over the tie rod similar to the JK.

Installation was very easy, less than 30 minutes from start to finish. No need for adjustment since it uses fixed mounting locations rather than an adjustable tie rod clamp.

Position bothers me a lot considering what these cost. I was hoping like the JK they could get it up and above the tie rod so it wouldn't get beaten up by rocks. I've seen too many JK's damage the factory stabilizer on the trail. I will probably shed a tear the first time this gets damaged. If/when that happens I probably won't get another regardless of how much it improves the steering feel.

Adjustments. Just like the JK it has 27 clicks of adjustment, with the adjustment screw a little easier to access on the JL since it points forward not down. I tried a quick spin around the block at 17 and it seemed to improve the steering feel a little bit, but on the highway at the stiffer settings is where I've found that these really shine. I cranked it up a few clicks as the steering wheel still easily self centered, and will report back tomorrow when I drive home from the shop and back on the highway.
ATSJL.jpg
ATSJL1.jpg
ATSJL2.jpg
Sponsored

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
That thing scares me being the first thing to contact the ground. Looks killer though. I totally forgot to pull my Fox ats off my JK when I sold it. DOH.

SSBattalion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
If you wheel....that $350+ shock will be destroyed..anyone that wheels destroys the shock in that location. A few companies have flip kits. It is sexy though I must say!!

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Get the metalcloak fad skid and steering stabilizer relocation bracket. That would bring it up and out of the way.

Brett

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Get the metalcloak fad skid and steering stabilizer relocation bracket. That would bring it up and out of the way.

Brett
Unfortunately I don't think that will work with this stabilizer. I should have purchase the JK Fox ATS and made it work... With my draglink flip and raised trackbar bracket I think it has plenty of space to clear :headbang: I just didn't know exactly what to expect when ordering this one

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, the steering feel is much improved at highway speeds. Some may not have the same experience as mine, but with my lift/tires the wind had a big impact on my highway commute. Before the steering always felt somewhat loose, and when passing a big truck or going over an overpass on extremely windy days I would always get pushed around. Last night and again this morning I felt that the steering was much firmer, and the wind gusts/imperfections in the road seemed to do very little to move me around. I actually found myself going 10-15mph faster than I normally do on the same roads with complete confidence. I didn't realize it at first, but when I noticed I was moving faster than traffic(I usually just cruise with everyone else) I looked at the speedometer and was somewhat surprised.

Overall I'm very pleased with the stabilizer itself, I'm just not sure how long it will last unless I find a way to relocate it.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Sure does look very nice. I’ll have to keep an eye out and see how soon you lose it

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Sounds really good. I too feel the wind, esp. on windy days, but also next to big trucks. It's not a lot worse than in a car, but it's definitely worse. I will be upgrading the stabilizer at some point to help with this. I was hoping for an adjustable one, but man these are expensive!! Falcon too..

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Ok, the steering feel is much improved at highway speeds. Some may not have the same experience as mine, but with my lift/tires the wind had a big impact on my highway commute. Before the steering always felt somewhat loose, and when passing a big truck or going over an overpass on extremely windy days I would always get pushed around. Last night and again this morning I felt that the steering was much firmer, and the wind gusts/imperfections in the road seemed to do very little to move me around. I actually found myself going 10-15mph faster than I normally do on the same roads with complete confidence. I didn't realize it at first, but when I noticed I was moving faster than traffic(I usually just cruise with everyone else) I looked at the speedometer and was somewhat surprised.

Overall I'm very pleased with the stabilizer itself, I'm just not sure how long it will last unless I find a way to relocate it.
I am wondering if you’ve had any dealer flashes recently, I had the issues with the wind and trucks blowing me around as well and one of the flash updates addressed driver input/steering..after the flash all the looseness/being pushed around essentially went away and it drove outstanding until my stock stabilizer went to crap ...I’m installing the ATS as well since my stock stabilizer is shot

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Thats living dangerously there lol. Hopefully you can relocate it before it meets a rock. I'm curious to try this or the falcon adjustable. Why don't they work with the metalcloak unit? I've not looked at either too close but I was likely going to get that skid.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Thats living dangerously there lol. Hopefully you can relocate it before it meets a rock. I'm curious to try this or the falcon adjustable. Why don't they work with the metalcloak unit? I've not looked at either too close but I was likely going to get that skid.
\

It should will work with the Front Axle Disconnect skid, but not with their relocation bracket due to the mounting design on the axle end(Not just a through hole for the stud/bolt.)

Someone needs to create a relocation peice or a skid for them pronto. They'd sell faster than those Rusty's track bar brackets.
Yes they do! I just got back from our wheeling trip and forgot to bring the stock bracket/hardware so I could pull it off.... Everytime we were crawling on rocks I was purposely trying to avoid that side when approaching obstacles. I hit the bottom of the pumpkin a few times, but luckily the stabilizer survived :whew:

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
\

It should will work with the Front Axle Disconnect skid, but not with their relocation bracket due to the mounting design on the axle end(Not just a through hole for the stud/bolt.)

Yes they do! I just got back from our wheeling trip and forgot to bring the stock bracket/hardware so I could pull it off.... Everytime we were crawling on rocks I was purposely trying to avoid that side when approaching obstacles. I hit the bottom of the pumpkin a few times, but luckily the stabilizer survived :whew:
Yea I would not be a happy camper with a busted Fox/TF stabilizer.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
63B353A7-660A-4EC7-A9AF-4A62CFF2BD39.jpeg
5A89D7DA-0FA1-4CA1-882C-69CCB059100E.jpeg
Mine is installed... performance is what Chris said... a little expensive but I didn’t buy a Jeep with $$ concerns.. lol... definitely will get it relocated or install a Hauk skid next...

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
It looks great and am glad to see improvement in highway driving. A stupid question perhaps: can this be changed while the Jeep is on the ground and not lifted? I am new to automotive and I like to do the more simpler stuff myself. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored