First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Damn, Randy. Watched Hot Springs video too. Do you have any added skid plates or just the normal ones? I know you said once but are those 37's now? You are really making me jealous like Roky!!!!
No, I'm still on 35s. Diff skids and control arm skids, 4.56 gears, 2.5" spacer lift on Rubicon suspension. I'll probably go Rubicon next year, but I have now captured 26 BOH badges with this Sahara..:). Livin' the Dream..
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
No, I'm still on 35s. Diff skids and control arm skids, 4.56 gears, 2.5" spacer lift on Rubicon suspension. I'll probably go Rubicon next year, but I have now captured 26 BOH badges with this Sahara..:). Livin' the Dream..
I would venture to say that financially it would be better to stay in what you’re in because of the money already spent and clearly it’s capable, doing the job it needs to do. I could be wrong though. I’m not sure what advantage at this point a Rubi for you would be over your current setup unless it’s that much of a pain using QD’s when you want to disconnect? Did you ever throw e-lockers in? Maybe it’s the lockers you want? What did the regear cost if I may?

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Been between NY and FL all my life, but in just 2 months I will be a permanent Floridian!
2018 3.6
Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! FF2EDEE0-2967-4C9C-8022-6AE9AEFB561E.JPG

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
I would venture to say that financially it would be better to stay in what you’re in because of the money already spent and clearly it’s capable, doing the job it needs to do. I could be wrong though. I’m not sure what advantage at this point a Rubi for you would be over your current setup unless it’s that much of a pain using QD’s when you want to disconnect? Did you ever throw e-lockers in? Maybe it’s the lockers you want? What did the regear cost if I may?
The lockers would be nice, but really just bigger axles. I don't at all mind disconnecting the sway bar links. ...good for my old bones to get down there. No doubt, it's been AMAZING what I've made this Sahara do! Admittedly, I'm easy on the skinny peddle...:). I'd kinda like to get on 37s too, and a 'real' lift.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The lockers would be nice, but really just bigger axles. I don't at all mind disconnecting the sway bar links. ...good for my old bones to get down there. No doubt, it's been AMAZING what I've made this Sahara do! Admittedly, I'm easy on the skinny peddle...:). I'd kinda like to get on 37s too, and a 'real' lift.
I feel ya man! For some reason I thought you had done an axle swap.

Sponsored

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
I feel ya man! For some reason I thought you had done an axle swap.
I've thought about an axle swap, and that is still not off the table. But my gut tells me that I'll probably wind up building a Rubicon. I also need to strike that balance between street and trail. The Jeep is my daily driver, and I want to keep it that way.

Last edited:

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
This video is from our two day overnight adventure on the Jeep Badge of Honor trail known as 'Hole in the Rock.' It's located near Lake Powell, and roughly 150 miles southwest of Moab Utah. It's a very long 'out and back' trail in which the challenges become increasingly more difficult as the day goes on. One of the biggest challenges is simply to stay on the trail! It's very easy to get lost if you're not careful..

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This video is from our two day overnight adventure on the Jeep Badge of Honor trail known as 'Hole in the Rock.' It's located near Lake Powell, and roughly 150 miles southwest of Moab Utah. It's a very long 'out and back' trail in which the challenges become increasingly more difficult as the day goes on. One of the biggest challenges is simply to stay on the trail! It's very easy to get lost if you're not careful..

Damn dude fun looking. Just curious what PSI are you running on trail? So you went to end of trail and then turned around and back same way out?

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase

Great narration man loving the videos!

Sponsored

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Thanks. I should have the video for Metal Masher uploaded soon. Surprisingly, it has become a favorite. Elephant Hill is still top of the heap for me, but I'll say that Metal Masher is definitely my second choice. One of the guys I'm riding with says it's his favorite....over EH..

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thanks. I should have the video for Metal Masher uploaded soon. Surprisingly, it has become a favorite. Elephant Hill is still top of the heap for me, but I'll say that Metal Masher is definitely my second choice. One of the guys I'm riding with says it's his favorite....over EH..
Elephant hill is my all time favorite also. Didn't find it as difficult as they say but the scenery is awesome

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Elephant hill is my all time favorite also. Didn't find it as difficult as they say but the scenery is awesome
Yes....really it's just those few climbs and obstacles in the beginning that get your attention. After that, the only real obstacle is 'SOB Hill,' and that's pretty easy. I enjoyed Devil's Pocket though. ..and, as you say, the scenery is unmatched...

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We ran Metal Masher on Thursday. Here's my video from it, fresh off the presses..:). For one of the buddies I ran this one with, it has become his favorite. It's definitely very high on my list as well..

Wow very cool. :clap:I have placed my mistake I made with my Wheels/Tires up for sale. I should of waited the 6 to 8 weeks for my 17's instead of doing the 20's they had on hand. Live and learn. :facepalm:
Sponsored