Sponsored

Finally test drive a 392

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I could just be a really bad driver or possibly this used unit out of the thousands manufactured had a flaw. But I’m one person blogging and ur 20 people half of whom could be Jeep reps. Had it been a great experience O would be very favorable as I am with my current one. Premium fuel makes a big difference in the turbo.
What, now you think half the people who disagree with you might be Jeep Representatives?? Your posts on this thread are a joke. Either you are delusional or a troll.
BTW, I stand by all my posts, on this thread.

So, let me get this straight. You would choose the Bronco/Raptor over the Jeep 392, even if you hadn't driven them. If you couldn't figure it out, I'm now rolling my eyes at your comments, and logic.
Just out of curiosity, is MPG also a big factor in your off-road decisions?

Once again. Ok.

Admit it, you hate Wranglers.
And, if you actually own one, you must really hate yourself.
Have you read what you are posting?? Are you bored, and just trying to get a rise out of people around here?? With everything you've been spewing, you are sounding more and more like a "Troll".

Sponsored

OP
OP

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Yes, i will probably purchase a 6 cylinder twin turbo wrangler or the ford bronco predator. No I will not purchase this old hemi for $90,000. I stand behind that 100%.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Yes, i will probably purchase a 6 cylinder twin turbo wrangler or the ford bronco predator. No I will not purchase this old hemi for $90,000. I stand behind that 100%.
Jeep Wrangler JL Finally test drive a 392 1657065410645

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
New upgraded penstar V6 to be released by the end of the first quarter 23 , existing penstar will be produced through 23 per Stellantis (Car Buzz). They are not being retired anytime soon, chances of T-6 Wrangler greatly diminished ( perhaps high $ 392 replacement, guessing) enjoy your Bronco.

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
On your next test drive, definitely turn on Offroad+, stomp on the brake and gas for about 2.5 seconds until you hear the pitch change, release the brake, and let us know how you feel. I swear last time I did that it felt like the front tires were off the ground. Lightheaded, stomach feels like you're on a roller coaster. There's a reason everyone who launches this on Youtube either laughs or screams uncontrollably. Literally everyone.
Absolutely. That mode makes all the difference!

Sponsored

OP
OP

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
New upgraded penstar V6 to be released by the end of the first quarter 23 , existing penstar will be produced through 23 per Stellantis (Car Buzz). They are not being retired anytime soon, chances of T-6 Wrangler greatly diminished ( perhaps high $ 392 replacement, guessing) enjoy your Bronco.
23 is another wash year. If they do an XR Diesel I maybe a taker but it seems like the quarter century mark will be the rebirth. So long as Ford cant deliver their broncos on the regular Jeep will idle by

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 is another wash year. If they do an XR Diesel I maybe a taker but it seems like the quarter century mark will be the rebirth. So long as Ford cant deliver their broncos on the regular Jeep will idle by
Without searching for the article I believe it was ~$35 mil. plant investment . It is doubtful they are spending that much for a next generation Penstar for just a short production run and will be the standard Wrangler engine for years. T-6 much less likely ( except possible flagship model) of course they will announce nothing until the last minute to not reduce current sales.

OP
OP

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Without searching for the article I believe it was ~$35 mil. plant investment . It is doubtful they are spending that much for a next generation Penstar for just a short production run and will be the standard Wrangler engine for years. T-6 much less likely ( except possible flagship model) of course they will announce nothing until the last minute to not reduce current sales.
unless they put a turbo on it, you'll be sucking air up top. So the way parking is today up on the slopes I would prefer a turbo for the early morning pass up the canyon. Skiers and boarders know what Im talking about

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unless they put a turbo on it, you'll be sucking air up top. So the way parking is today up on the slopes I would prefer a turbo for the early morning pass up the canyon. Skiers and boarders know what Im talking about
Since the Penstar doesn’t boost well which is why it never was it’s possibly the reason for the upgrade 🤷🏼‍♂️ edit—but why would they boost the V6 along with the new straight 6?

Sponsored

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Haven’t yet drove a 392 Jeep yet but drove many 392 powered vehicles. While they are not neck snapping fast, which I don’t think anyone has said. There is plenty of power on tap to have fun with. That coupled with the wrangler suspension should feel like a carnival ride. Currently have one on order and am not worried at all.

I find the high praise for the four cylinder odd. It’s not a bad motor but it is by no means the pinnacle of turbo four cylinder motors. It has a huge amount of lag and doesn’t sound good at all. Throttle response is sub par at best. I currently have two 4XE with this motor so there is no bias in my opinion. Between the two motors it’s a no contest win for the 392.

OP
OP

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Jeep Wrangler JL Finally test drive a 392 IMG_0202
this was my nice parade float i built before it got jacked. 2.0 blows the doors off it

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Did you notice a difference on the non XR between the stock 33s and the 35s you installed?
Never drove the 33's except back from the dealer 10 miles.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Y’all need to stop feeding the trolls. 😂

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
But I’m one person blogging and ur 20 people half of whom could be Jeep reps.
🤦‍♂️

Resorting to attacking the person or other tin-foil-hattery means you forfeit.

Yes, i will probably purchase a 6 cylinder twin turbo wrangler
That could be fun. Hope the extra 1 MPG over the 392, the extra heat, and the extra complexity make the small power and weight advantage worth it!

...or the ford bronco predator.
So...check back around 2030 when you get it?

No I will not purchase this old hemi for $90,000. I stand behind that 100%.
There are good reasons why "old" things stick around for a long time. It's proven, it's got all the kinks worked out, and it's been iterated over (so it's not that old), and has widespread support. These things are in how many HD RAMs?
Sponsored