Fenders, Plastic or Painted

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If you take your jeep off-road (and gravel roads), the rear fenders get SPRAYED with rocks. Even with mudflaps. (I've tried) And the black plastic fenders don't show the rock chips too bad, so I think that's the way to go. If I had painted fenders, they'd look horrid right now.

I live 9mi up a gravel road...haha...it's bad.
Sponsored

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
You almost got it, haha!
Sahara is painted fender only, painted top optional.

You got the rest right though.
Isn't that what I said?

I just didn't include Moabs (or Willy's or Black and Tan) because I wasn't considering special editions that aren't always available.

This is just another reason though why wranglers are so awesome. The customization of them from the factory alone is through the roof. It's rare seeing the same wrangler and it's because we have so many options. Aside from the capability, it's one of the things that drew me to this vehicle.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Isn't that what I said?

I just didn't include Moabs (or Willy's or Black and Tan) because I wasn't considering special editions that aren't always available.

This is just another reason though why wranglers are so awesome. The customization of them from the factory alone is through the roof. It's rare seeing the same wrangler and it's because we have so many options. Aside from the capability, it's one of the things that drew me to this vehicle.
Oh yea, that is exactly what you said. I think people saw the word "body" in "body-colored fender" and thought you meant the hardtop.
I shall pass the Winner of the Day award to you now! :like:

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I like the painted flares best. My Rubicon is a princess and has a full Xpel Ultimate Plus treatment on the flares and entire front end.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Oh yea, that is exactly what you said. I think people saw the word "body" in "body-colored fender" and thought you meant the hardtop.
I shall pass the Winner of the Day award to you now! :like:
Hooray, I finally did it! :clap:

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I like the way the painted fenders look. I have a white JL Rubico I started to order them but everyone said you need to put clear plastic over them like a wrap material they make or you will scratched the heck out of them when you go off-roading.no different than your doors and they're in a bad spot. you'll get rock chips from going down the road on the highway so how old is black plastic. some people paid the extra thousand or 2,000 for thethe pain fenders then turn around and put aftermarket fenders on that makes no sense

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Plastic. Cuz after I trash them I can replace them with steel that I can touch up with spray paint.

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
IMO, certain colors look better with the black contrast. For instance, it makes Hella Yella look like a Jeep, instead of a tiny school bus.
04F8A069-45DA-4BA9-9365-FBB7DA263AAD.jpeg

Also, I had paint-matched fenders on my H3, and they were a PAIN to keep clean, and we’re dinged up pretty badly from gravel kicking up on them. These are much easier to care for. I’d have black fenders, even if I wanted a color-matched top!

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I busted a rear fender up on a trail and had to buy a new one. Thankfully I didn’t have to get it painted too.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a 2019 Wrangler Sport S 2-door with the black plastic fenders, and I'm a bit confused. I see many Jeeps with body color fenders and many with the black plastic like mine. I always thought the more expensive Jeeps had the body color fenders, in particular the Rubicons. But I keep seeing Rubicons with black plastic fenders like mine, and some with body matched painted ones. I thought Rubicons, being high end, had the color matched painted fenders standard. Are the painted fenders an option across the Jeep line?

Best,
-Tim
The body-matched fenders and body-matched hard top came STANDARD with my Sport - my black Sport, that is ;)

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
If you take your jeep off-road (and gravel roads), the rear fenders get SPRAYED with rocks. Even with mudflaps. (I've tried) And the black plastic fenders don't show the rock chips too bad, so I think that's the way to go. If I had painted fenders, they'd look horrid right now.

I live 9mi up a gravel road...haha...it's bad.
I agree on rock spray and 3M clear wrapped painted fenders.

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
Plastic, because I liked how it looked contrasting with my white jeep. Oh, and since I bought my hardtop second hand, also plastic, it was easiest (and only 1000 cdn dollars!) to find.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
My fenders are painted, but the roof is black. For some reason, I preferred the black contrast of the roof, but the painted look of the fenders.
Sponsored