Sponsored

Black fenders or painted on Mojito rubicon?

zachmx

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma DCSB TRD OR
side shot of the green so you get a feel for green/green/green combo. just finished the 2.5" spacer lift in this pic as well so ignore the small tires

vFsp7QR.jpg
Did you happen to snag that one from Airpark?

I saw similar one but the price scared me away. Decently optioned Mojitos are getting really hard to come by now here in AZ. I've been scouring for one with LEDs, for some reason there's plenty loaded into $50k's but without LEDs or a soft top, WTF. This is the only color I want. Though Bill Luke has a punk'n configured how I'd want I may settle for. Keep getting the we can get you a better price on what we have in stock run around and cant order Mojito now so gotta play the game.
Sponsored

geospyder

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Mo" 2019 Mojito 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I've used Armor All Outlast Trim & Plastic Restorer on my previous Jeeps with great success. Black versus color is a personal choice - I chose black. I'd rather polish the black than have to touch up the paint. You will get rock nicks - especially on the front of the rear fenders.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Looks wise, especially on the JL (dont like them on the JK because they dont have the black part to break things up) painted is a lot nicer, but know this, IF you wheel at all, they will get beat up extremely quickly. The rears also get badly damaged inside 1000 miles from tires flicking rocks at them.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
IMG_20180629_175558.jpg

IMG_20180729_162027 (2).jpg

MVIMG_20180729_173248 (2).jpg

I have a Mojito with black fenders and the Painted top; At first I thought the painted top was too much , but it started growing on me; Them we picked up a black premium soft top and installed it and I'm kinda missing the look of painted top. I love being able to take down the top so easily, but I look forward to late fall to put the green machine back together for the unique look. I like that i can switch it up
That is such a bad @ss color! Finally got to see it in person last week. Neway, if this is a voting thing, i personally prefer whatever color black fenders and top. Taste is subjective, get what makes you smile. The example i always think of is i liked the JK in Chief, but only with the black fenders and roof, saw it in the Chief version with the white roof and that stripe... wife loved it, me... really not so much like i said taste is subjective. Another weird one for me I like the Gecko color on the two door and really didn’t like it on the 4. Anyway, anyway, your Wrangler looks good with that hardtop and with the soft, you did good!

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
For those who want to "restore" the look of their now-faded black plastic-y looking fenders, try Forever Black reconditioner. I used it on my TJ back in the day, and they looked like brand new fenders afterwards. Maybe better than how they originally looked even, minus some scratches of course.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/91083_600.htm

Also, you can just as easily rhino-line or spray truck-bed-coating on your fenders if you want to make them look black and purty again. This would even work on painted fenders if you don't mind making them black.

It's a cheap solution and you can always buy new fenders if you're still not happy!

Grumpy Wrangler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 door JL
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a fan of the contrast of the black. I will say this though. If your not going to off road much the colored flares look clean. The way I see it is the flares should keep some of the brush away from your paint. And black flares can be had on Craigslist as take offs for pennies on the dollar when so grab a spare set when somebody dumps them for aftermarket.

JLMOJITO

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Occupation
SERVPRO
You might be the only other Mojito I’ve seen with those rims and white letter tires.
I searched for weeks finding a loaded manual Mojito. I found mine at a dealer 2 hours away. It’s a lot of green but getting a lot of positive attention and feedback.

CFEA878A-B7C0-41D3-8369-37E5BCC6275C.jpeg

5B5AAC8A-5274-4217-94FE-F1A9324539F9.jpeg

jeff.heifner

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wangler JL
I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Mojito... I purchased it with the Mojito hard top, but now I'm adding black accessories. Anyone in the KY. IN. or IL area with a black hard top that wants to trade? No scratches, chips, or dents. Email me [email protected]

jeff.heifner

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wangler JL
I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Mojito... I purchased it with the Mojito hard top, but now I'm adding black accessories. Anyone in the KY. IN. or IL area with a black hard top that wants to trade? No scratches, chips, or dents. Email me [email protected]
I could just have it painted, but at a cost...when someone else may want to trade?

Sponsored

KinderMojo

First Name
Adel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Sport S. GMC Sierra, Mercedes G63
Occupation
Engineer
Black top, black fenders because i wanted to reduce the amount of green, but im painting my fenders soon.. i started to love the green fast...

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
upload_2020-2-24_20-39-46.png

Painted... Body color matching top and fenders with exception of BestTop Sunrider

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I'm awaiting my '20 JLUR, it's built and sitting in Toledo waiting for a train, all body color Sarge Green, fenders and top.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

upload_2020-2-24_20-39-46.png

Painted... Body color matching top and fenders with exception of BestTop Sunrider
Loving the beadlock rings body coloured! I think I've found what wheels I want when I upgrade the wheels.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the body color top and fenders.

IMG_7527.jpeg
Sponsored