Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Wonder if the UConnect will detect a tazer or not...anyone have any idea?

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
This is actually a very convenient feature. GM vehicles have used Onstar (very similar to XM guardian) since the late 1990’s. The entire car can pretty much be controlled via satellite to a certain extent, Of course the system has been improved since the early days.

Sponsored

OP
OP
47Jeepster

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Well, I've got to admit that it's official, FCA is committed to sending me an email alerting me to check my tire pressures. Got one on Friday and another on Sunday while airing down. Sure would be nice to get an "attaboy, you fixed the problem" email. But, obviously that box is not checked for my Wrangler.

Sure wish they would send me an e-mail stating "we've noticed that your steering is loose, please take it to your dealer so we can fix that bad boy." Now, that is an alert I could get behind.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have never received a single warning or reminder, I've aired down numerous times (even have a problem with one of the sensors that needs to be replaced). I have the 7" Uconnect, have had the Jeep to the dealer multiple times for various fixes as well.

Do you guys who have seen warnings via email or text have the 8.4" Uconnect?

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I have never received a single warning or reminder, I've aired down numerous times (even have a problem with one of the sensors that needs to be replaced). I have the 7" Uconnect, have had the Jeep to the dealer multiple times for various fixes as well.

Do you guys who have seen warnings via email or text have the 8.4" Uconnect?
I have the 8.4" but I think it's tied to when you set up your Uconnect. Maybe the people that don't get the alerts didn't set up their account online?

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
These messages are for the 8.4 Uconnect....us peasants with the 7.0 don't get these as we can't subscribe to them and the vehicle health reports.

Sponsored

OP
OP
47Jeepster

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I do have the 8.4 ... in both the Wrangler and an '18 Grand Cherokee. And, I do get monthly heath reports on both of them. Hmmm ... will have to air down one of the tires on the wife's GC to test it out.

Last edited:

Blackwing 55

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal JLUR , 05 5.9 Dodge , 2014 Goldwing
I had to laugh when this arrived in my e-mail folder:

E-mail - 1.jpg
Email-3.jpg

Mind you I have sloppy steering that I'm working hard to get some attention towards a fix. So, this e-mail takes the cake. If you notice, all four tire pressures are different. Wonder why? Well, FCA looked in on my Jeep when I was airing down at the start of a trail. I use the individual, adjustable deflators and I start at the drivers front tire and work my way counterclockwise around the Jeep. It takes way less than 10 minutes to do all four tires, so they peeked into my system near the end of that 10 minute period.

Anybody else experience this?
Haha I see this every time I go on an off road trek where I air down my tires

OP
OP
47Jeepster

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
This is what the "Uconnect Vehicle Health Report" looks like on the webpage.

Alert Parameters.jpg

Ignore the tire pressures, I haven't done a cold reset since airing up at the end of a trail.

It looks very impressive until you click on most of the individual parameters and the write-up mentions the "light" either not working (start up check) or illuminating to signal a fault. Here's the Oil Pressure Warning write-up for example.

Engine Oil Pressure.jpg

In the case of the Blind Spot Monitoring, it talks about them not working correctly. My Jeep has a problem with the blind spot monitor, but I've not received a warning yet. The lights in the mirror will come on while bouncing down a trail ... and stay on until I turn the Jeep off and then back on. It does it in 2H, 4H, and 2L ... it does it with brush beside the trail and on an open trail. The only consistent point is that the Jeep is bouncing when they illuminate ... although not every time. (Suspect a loose plug) This has happen repeatedly, but no alert from FCA ... yet.

Blind Spot Monitoring.jpg

So, if you don't get the health report don't be too upset. If you monitor your warning lights at start up and watch for fault lights, it looks like you've got all the info the health report provides. Suspect that FCA is simply collecting usage data (mileage) and problem data (fault lights) for future design decisions.

Instead of simply sending me an e-mail every time I air down, I've got a suggestion for them. Recognize that low pressures on all four tires probably means I'm going to start a trail. Use the coordinates to reference which trail I'm going down and send me a message that says, " we see you're going to run the XYZ trail today ... hope you have a good time in your Wrangler." Now that would be impressive!

Last edited:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I knew there was a reason for never subscribing my UCONNECT !

I don't mind minding my own vehicle parameters --

W.E.
JIMBO

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I was expecting another paranoid thread since a few have popped up lately. "The call is coming from inside the house!" (Yeah, I am old.)
You ain't that old... who doesn't love a great movie line? Some of the threads showing up are quite entertaining.
Sponsored