Sponsored

FCA / Jeep Corporate is HORRIBLE. (Pray you don't have a serious problem)**update page 5**

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Better interior on the Fiat as well. Or at least the seats from what I remember.
Yes. The Fiat has nicer door panels with more pleasing lines and softer surfaces. Mopar also adds thicker glass on the windshield and backlight for added sound insulation.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jaswifty

jaswifty

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma Pro
Day 94 and the Jeep was supposedly done. Picked it up and drove it home to find a shit show under the hood. Stopped to get gas because it was empty(it was full when dropped at the dealership)and decided to run through the car wash because it was filthy. First thing I notice were scratches on the front fends and under the hood found broke clips, unhooked wires/hoses. In the one picture you can see a wire laying on the alternator. The plastic engine cover looks like it was kicked across the shop.

j1.jpeg

j2.jpeg

j11.jpeg

j12.jpeg

j13.jpeg

j3.jpeg

j4.jpeg

j5.jpeg

j14.jpeg

j16.jpeg

j17.jpeg

j6.jpeg

j7.jpeg

j8.jpeg

j9.jpeg

j10.jpeg

j15.jpeg

CaboJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willy's
Painful to look at your pictures. I am dreading taking our 2023 in Monday to have the engine harness replaced. My wife is going to lose her shit if anything is messed up.

OP
OP
jaswifty

jaswifty

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma Pro
Painful to look at your pictures. I am dreading taking our 2023 in Monday to have the engine harness replaced. My wife is going to lose her shit if anything is messed up.
I haven't even had a chance to really look and see everything that's not right. I'm scared to take it back but I have no choice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jaswifty

jaswifty

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma Pro
Definitely take picture before going so you have proof if they screw anything up.

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
Have them buy it back. At this point, can you trust they torqued anything down? They couldn't even torque the two bolts for the recall and left that mess.

That wire looks like it will get caught in the belt. That is by far, the worst šŸ’© job I have ever seen.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jaswifty

jaswifty

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma Pro
Have them buy it back. At this point, can you trust they torqued anything down? They couldn't even torque the two bolts for the recall and left that mess.

That wire looks like it will get caught in the belt. That is by far, the worst šŸ’© job I have ever seen.
Unfortunately now that we have an attorney involved its a waiting game. Jeep/FCA did zero in the last three months. We asked prior to the attorney for a buy back and no one could help.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
That looks like total shit. If you go back, insist that the general manager look it over with you. Iā€™m going to bet that itā€™s a used engine out of a wrecked Jeep.

Corporate wont talk to you any longer because you got an attorney involved. As soon as the word layer is uttered, any further conversation from that point forward is stopped and everything is referred to legal. Never mention an attorney unless you are going to use one. And even if you are, never tell them up front. Itā€™s not a word that makes people jump, like a generation or two ago. They legally donā€™t have to talk to you after that word is said, from then on itā€™s your lawyer talking to their legal.

At this point, have the dealer buy it from you at book value, or trade it for a brand new one. Forget about the accessories, you donā€™t want them swapping over anyway.

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
Your Lawyer would be earning his money if it were me. I would not hold anything back and tell him to proceed with the maximum amount of restitution allowable by law.

KevinC

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Oh shit. I was really hoping (though not hopeful) for a better outcome with yours. Not surprised based on what you've already been through. I've been wondering about how it's going, especially with the legal teams now charging towards a resolution.

Mine's still down. I'm at 144 days, today. Last weekend about 40 miles from home on a rare week I had the Jeep, it chimed, dash lit up, and all the driver aids (ACC, cruise, FCW, blind spot, traction control, etc.) were unavailable and "service required" on the EVIC. Next available appointment is Friday the 10th. Pretty sure Doug Smith dealer fried something(s) in the electrical system with all the connectors exposed for 10 weeks. My engine bay was also returned in similar, though not quite as hobbled-together as yours. Both times they did oil leak repairs and had it for months...

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Jeezus - they butchered it!
Sponsored