Sponsored

FCA / Jeep Corporate is HORRIBLE. (Pray you don't have a serious problem)**update page 5**

OP
OP
jaswifty

jaswifty

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma Pro
Day 78 and I have an update, kinda. Yesterday evening we finally got a call from a manager at Jeep. He asked if we we're offered a buy back and we informed him we haven't even got a call back from the person handling are case. He did tell us the turn over rate is super high and now we have a new case manager, #4. So in 72 hours there making us an offer on the Jeep. And for some reason I've got a feeling its either not going to happen or be a BS low ball offer. Its crazy that its been almost 3 months that I've been making Jeep payments and paying car insurance.
Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Sorry you are going through this. Glad you got a recent update. I’m interested to see how it works out for you. Good luck.

OP
OP
jaswifty

jaswifty

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma Pro
So a supervisor finally called, but just to inform me that since I have retained an attorney they were closing my case and will not be helping from this point forward. And for some reason I laugh and said what "help". Now I'm worried that there's no one if the dealership doesn't fix it.

58Willys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
So a supervisor finally called, but just to inform me that since I have retained an attorney they were closing my case and will not be helping from this point forward. And for some reason I laugh and said what "help". Now I'm worried that there's no one if the dealership doesn't fix it.
This is nuts! Really sorry.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So after they ignore your calls for weeks, you hire an attorney, which gets them to finally respond to tell you that they cannot respond to your calls.

Okay.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
But there appears to be something going on with those Fiat water pumps...
It's a good theory...

...except that the fiat spyder 124 is a rebranded mazda miata. Not made by fiat at all.

EDIT - I stand corrected. See below.

Last edited:

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer
It's a good theory...

...except that the fiat spyder 124 is a rebranded mazda miata. Not made by fiat at all.

the fiat spyder 124 is a rebranded miata. But the engine is all fiat.

diesel_dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 4xe
Kind of extreme but do you have a local news outlet that does stories on businesses screwing over customers? Obviously consult your attorney before doing something like that (they would probably recommend against it) but I have heard of some results being achieved by public shaming like this. Should never have to come to this though. Sorry you have to deal with it.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
the fiat spyder 124 is a rebranded miata. But the engine is all fiat.
Correct. The engine, the exhaust and the bodywork are all unique to Fiat. Fiat also tuned the suspension differently.
Jeep Wrangler JL FCA / Jeep Corporate is HORRIBLE. (Pray you don't have a serious problem)**update page 5** _DSC0019.JPG

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
So after they ignore your calls for weeks, you hire an attorney, which gets them to finally respond to tell you that they cannot respond to your calls.

Okay.
This is exactly what I've been warned about and trying to avoid with mine, though it is likely beyond that point.

Very sorry to @jaswifty that this is what it has come to. Hopefully the lawyer is able to get you a satisfactory outcome. Though I'm sure that will take some time.

As to the Fiata, SWEET! I had a '13 500 Abarth from 2016-2018 and loved it. Bought @ 67k, sold @ 88k with no issues except oil, air filter, and tire changes. Slow car fast. Drove it at 10-10ths most of the time and rarely had to worry about speed limits. But it sounded and felt fast (giant go-cart that it was, under 2500 lbs without the rear seat). Performance tires were under $50/each, too! (1/10th of the 37s on my Jeep! :CWL: ). I've been looking at the 124s the last few years, seriously enough to test drive a few before priced jumped last year.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Correct. The engine, the exhaust and the bodywork are all unique to Fiat. Fiat also tuned the suspension differently.
Jeep Wrangler JL FCA / Jeep Corporate is HORRIBLE. (Pray you don't have a serious problem)**update page 5** _DSC0019.JPG
Better interior on the Fiat as well. Or at least the seats from what I remember.
Sponsored