Sponsored

Falcon Nexus Steering Stabilizer Relation?

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
I just used the JK falcon 2.2 1-5/8" SS on my steer smart tie rod. Worked great no modifications and no relocation brackets.
20190302_145625.jpg
Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I just want to add. Today is SUPER windy, and I put my Falcon to the test. I love it! It's so much better/firmer than stock, even on Soft or Medium. On Firm it feels a bit too tough, and I don't want to wear anything/else out, so I'm trying to keep it on Medium. It drives much better in heavy winds now, and I can drop it down to Soft for the rocks when need be.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I just used the JK falcon 2.2 1-5/8" SS on my steer smart tie rod. Worked great no modifications and no relocation brackets.
20190302_145625.jpg
How did the end not on the tie rod mount? I am looking at a yeti steering setup as well, but was planning to use the normal JL falcon 2.2 I would much prefer the JK version up and out of the way.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
How did the end not on the tie rod mount? I am looking at a yeti steering setup as well, but was planning to use the normal JL falcon 2.2 I would much prefer the JK version up and out of the way.
The shock is the same between the JK and the JL version of the Falcon 2.2. The only difference is the clamp mount vs. the new JL bracket-based mount. You have to remove the mount and swap it (order the other mount from Teraflex) - see the first 2 pages of this thread for details on the part number and how to remove these mounts from the shock.

Once you have the clamp mount in place, you can mount it to the tie-rod. You need the SteerSmarts trackbar bracket, or else the MetalCloak trackbar bracket, or else the Synergy or Teraflex trackbar bolt for the other end.

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
The shock is the same between the JK and the JL version of the Falcon 2.2. The only difference is the clamp mount vs. the new JL bracket-based mount. You have to remove the mount and swap it (order the other mount from Teraflex) - see the first 2 pages of this thread for details on the part number and how to remove these mounts from the shock.

Once you have the clamp mount in place, you can mount it to the tie-rod. You need the SteerSmarts trackbar bracket, or else the MetalCloak trackbar bracket, or else the Synergy or Teraflex trackbar bolt for the other end.

Vertical bolt of the brackets, or Horizontal bolt of the trackbar bolt option? I lean toward the bracket(s) with the vertical bolt.

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
The JK SS is different in the fact it already comes with a cradle mount for the tie rod and it mounts to the axle by replacing the trackbar bolt.

JK:
Screenshot_20190411-103008_Chrome.jpg
20190411_103136.jpg

You can see the difference in the JL:
Screenshot_20190411-102939_Chrome.jpg

Now this is if your replacing your stock tie rod for the Smart Steer.

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
Ok so I got the metalcloak relo bracket in, and the Falcon 2.2 in, finally! The only thing is it looks like it just barely touches the track bar at full passenger turn, and just barely touches the drag link at full driver side turn. I don't know if a washer here or there would help offset it enough. Maybe on the drag link... I have a mechanic friend looking at it a bit later, and will post an update, but at least for now it's driveable and shouldn't get damaged so long as I don't hit bumps while full locked turning...

For those who have done this flip themselves, what was your experience? How close is it on yours??

Update: We did some more re-centering testing and got it to where it does NOT hit the tie rod, and just barely taps the track bar only at full turn lock (me holding the wheel). It's possible a different non-adjustable track bar may have more clearance (mine is adjustable right where it comes close). I may try an RK one at some point if I get the chance to...

I had to change out the RK track bar because it hit my falcon SS when I moved the SS up on the tie rod. The RK track bar comes down and out in front of the diff and hit the end of the falcon SS when turning. If I adjusted it to not hit the track bar it would hit the drag link. I had to put on a RC track bar that I had in the garage because it loops up above the differential similar to the steer smarts track bar and now my falcon clears all around. Just as an FYI before you buy the RK track bar.

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT

I spoke to Falcon. The shocks are not the same different valving. Taking the JL bracket off and mounting the Clamp was easy once I remembered it was "righty loosy". The $22 Falcon clamp was also a really good deal.
PHOTO_20190411_185336.jpg

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
I need to learn better editing. The second paragraph above is my statement.... Sorry.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I need to learn better editing. The second paragraph above is my statement.... Sorry.
Haha, I was like - I did not say that!! :D yeah, good points though. That is great to know about the shock valving, I kind of though they were different but there is some confusion on that subject, as I've heard it was the same from others. Thanks for the follow-up!

Sponsored

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
I used the JL version and then switched to the JK version with my new tierod. That was before I found out I could replace the mount. I think the JL version made my steering slightly stiffer on all three settings but not significantly. Overall I like the JK feel a little better for my Jeep driving around town. I haven’t gone on any road trips with the JK SS so I might not like it on a windy day on the highway but I still have the JL SS if I decide to go back.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I called Falcon and they said that if we change the bracket the warranty is void and the valving is different on the JK vs JL version. Falcon did say you could order a JL version and have them change the bracket for ~$75 and keep warranty. I'm not too excited about adding another $75 onto an already expensive stabilizer that I may vary well not need in the first place. I also don't want to loose warranty......ughhhhh.....I might just limp by for a couple months until Falcon comes out with the 2.2 that has a 1-5/8" clamp on it. Supposedly it is in the works.
Question since I'm stupid at math. Would this work with the Synergy tie-rod that is 1.50 in diameter?

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Question since I'm stupid at math. Would this work with the Synergy tie-rod that is 1.50 in diameter?
I would just find a 1.5" clamp. I'd call Teraflex and see if they make one. I'd also just google "1.5 tie rod clamp" and see what you can find. Make sure threads match the stabilizer threads.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I would just find a 1.5" clamp. I'd call Teraflex and see if they make one. I'd also just google "1.5 tie rod clamp" and see what you can find. Make sure threads match the stabilizer threads.
Ya I called them a few minutes ago, they do not make a 1.5 inch clamp. They told me to call Synergy to see if they have one. I'll do that when they open up. Thanks David!

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Ya I called them a few minutes ago, they do not make a 1.5 inch clamp. They told me to call Synergy to see if they have one. I'll do that when they open up. Thanks David!
Worst case you could have a 1-3/8 clamp bored out a little more or use the 1-5/8 clamp with a thin gasket material.
Sponsored