Sponsored

Falcon Nexus Steering Stabilizer Relation?

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I assume so, but is the relocation bracket the item that is circled in the pic? Are you lifted?
Yeah that is the one circled in that box pic. Yeah I am also lifted 3.5" but my TB (RC, MC, RK, Mopar, and all others as far as I can tell) don't relocate the trackbar, they just have a longer/adjustable one.

Though, simple geometry tells me the SteerSmarts TB will better keep the axle centered, while the others will provide more articulation to one side.
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that is the one circled in that box pic. Yeah I am also lifted 3.5" but my TB (RC, MC, RK, Mopar, and all others as far as I can tell) don't relocate the trackbar, they just have a longer/adjustable one.
Perfect, thanks for the info! Exactly what i was looking for. My Jeep should be in Friday, but i plan to do MC 3.5 (use their TB) and have already ordered SS tie rod and drag link. Will PM you another question.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Perfect, thanks for the info! Exactly what i was looking for. My Jeep should be in Friday, but i plan to do MC 3.5 (use their TB) and have already ordered SS tie rod and drag link. Will PM you another question.
I wonder if I can order just their Drag Link.. then I can get more clearance for the Falcon and move it a bit further from the TB so it won't interfere with either then.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if I can order just their Drag Link.. then I can get more clearance for the Falcon and move it a bit further from the TB so it won't interfere with either then.
Check @Northridge4x4 . I recently ordered from them and they had a good forum discount. Also DL is available with the new Griffin Attenuator. Curious to rock that.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Well I usually get from RCO - River City Offroad, they also have a JLWF forum discount.

So, I just found this on SteerSmart's literature for their drag link: "Relocation of the drag link to the top of the knuckle for high steer requires 3 inch bump stop spacers, front track bar relocation bracket, and wheels with proper backspacing"

So how do you move a drag link to the top of the knuckle, or do I need to buy their super expensive drag link? It looks like I can just do that and flip the bolt/nut. It looks like I still have enough clearance (based on my bumpstops) above the Drag Link if I did move it to the top of the knuckle. I might have to re-center my steering wheel again, but that is easy. :)

Anyone know if you can just do this w/out ill affects?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara in Fire cracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
How is your shock's fitment in between the drag link and track bar at the various full turns P and D side? Does it rub against either when you turn the wheel full chock either way? I put some masking tape on mine and am driving around a few days to see if the parts rub. My track bar, much like yours, has the nuts sticking out, and I rotated them to avoid hitting the Falcon shock, but now they look like they might make contact with the factory SS bracket holes on the axle. I have some tape on there too, to see if they collide when I hit a bump, curb, etc..

Depending on the outcome, I might get an RK or MC trackbar which has no bolts sticking out right there, just so I have extra clearance.

Edit: NVM it looks like your trackbar has a relo bracket putting it up and out of the way, and it looks like your drag link must have something similar. I guess that is how Steer Smarts' kit works, huh? Neat!
I have a steersmarts relocation bracket that you see there which I bought from Northridge. It could be bought direct from steersmarts too. The draglink is a no drill top mount. There is absolutely no contact between anything. I have full turn to D and P sides.

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I usually get from RCO - River City Offroad, they also have a JLWF forum discount.

So, I just found this on SteerSmart's literature for their drag link: "Relocation of the drag link to the top of the knuckle for high steer requires 3 inch bump stop spacers, front track bar relocation bracket, and wheels with proper backspacing"

So how do you move a drag link to the top of the knuckle, or do I need to buy their super expensive drag link? It looks like I can just do that and flip the bolt/nut. It looks like I still have enough clearance (based on my bumpstops) above the Drag Link if I did move it to the top of the knuckle. I might have to re-center my steering wheel again, but that is easy. :)

Anyone know if you can just do this w/out ill affects?
There is a taper to the bottom of the knuckle. Steersmarts provides a sleeve in order to do the flip. If not you would have to drill the knuckle out with some of the other companies. I opted to not have to drill and spent the money on the No Drill Top mount. I have the appropriate bumpstops so zero issues.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
There is a taper to the bottom of the knuckle. Steersmarts provides a sleeve in order to do the flip. If not you would have to drill the knuckle out with some of the other companies. I opted to not have to drill and spent the money on the No Drill Top mount. I have the appropriate bumpstops so zero issues.
How lifted are you?
I think I won't have enough clearance at 3.5" of lift if I do high-steer.
Also I'd have to pull the bushing which may not even be possible on the OEM drag link.
Ah well, it was worth a shot. Maybe I will just be fine, despite how close it is. Time will tell.

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How lifted are you?
I think I won't have enough clearance at 3.5" of lift if I do high-steer.
Also I'd have to pull the bushing which may not even be possible on the OEM drag link.
Ah well, it was worth a shot. Maybe I will just be fine, despite how close it is. Time will tell.
I had a 3.5 lift. I now have a 4 inch lift but all the products where installed prior to the 4 inch. What bushing do you need to pull? I removed my old draglink with a tierod puller.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR

If you do a drag link flip (top mount drag link). Make sure you add all of the bump stops in the front. It will limit you up travel. The drag link will hit the frame if you don't add all 4 bump stops pucks that come with MC 3.5 game changer lift

Also with that lift you will need to get a after market front drive line

I'm running that exact setup and love it.

81400332-4F73-49F9-82CD-1DE0988113F3.jpeg

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
If you do a drag link flip (top mount drag link). Make sure you add all of the bump stops in the front. It will limit you up travel. The drag link will hit the frame if you don't add all 4 bump stops pucks that come with MC 3.5 game changer lift

I have the front driveshaft already, but I also heard you have to have the track bar bracket as it keeps the TB and the DL parallel to each other.

So, no flip for me..

Oh and my "masking tape" test results showed there is no contact as-is, so I'm happy for now.... Thanks all for the replies!

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I have the front driveshaft already, but I also heard you have to have the track bar bracket as it keeps the TB and the DL parallel to each other.

So, no flip for me..

Oh and my "masking tape" test results showed there is no contact as-is, so I'm happy for now.... Thanks all for the replies!
I'll run the top mount for now but in the future once I modify my fenders will most likely go back to a under mount dl. The SS system is very easy to change.

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
What is the torque of this bolt on re-install?

thanks!

Screenshot_20190410-081203_Gallery.jpg

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

I'm running that exact setup and love it.

81400332-4F73-49F9-82CD-1DE0988113F3.jpeg
Based on another feedback regarding maximum up-travel, i was going to do the bottom-mount DL, with the relocation bracket, but will have to play with bumpstops. Was also planning on new DS, as you mentioned. Thanks for the opinion!

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
What is the torque of this bolt on re-install?
thanks!
Screenshot_20190410-081203_Gallery.jpg
I called TeraFlex last week - they said their Falcon team was out, and he would get back to me on Monday. He never did. But, AFAICT, you just tighten that puppy down by hand and it will kind of lock in place as it squeezes in on that gasket. Just tighten as much as you can without going nuts. Also, you MUST use Green or Red loctite on it....
Sponsored