Sponsored

Falcon Nexus Steering Stabilizer Relation?

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to point out, I was able to remove the mount from the JL version easily using a 10" 3/8 drive breaker bar without heat: maybe something to try out before applying heat.
I'm doing the mod this weekend.. so based on this pic, do you use an allen wrench on the bolt or "unscrew" the bracket it self?

Jeep Wrangler JL Falcon Nexus Steering Stabilizer Relation? IMG_20190516_155632
Sponsored

SPooN887

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm doing the mod this weekend.. so based on this pic, do you use an allen wrench on the bolt or "unscrew" the bracket it self?

Jeep Wrangler JL Falcon Nexus Steering Stabilizer Relation? IMG_20190516_155632
Use an allen wrench on the bolt while holing the bracket in a vise; there's a bearing built into the shock mount that the bolt spins on. Since you're turning it from the backside you will go "righty loosey" or clockwise to remove.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to point out, I was able to remove the mount from the JL version easily using a 10" 3/8 drive breaker bar without heat: maybe something to try out before applying heat.
Agree, I didn’t use heat either.

Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Stupid question, I can run the steering stabilizer with the stock tie rod and drag link to start, yes? Eventually, I would like to upgrade to the Yeti tie rod and drag link with the understanding I will need the damper bracket but need the budget to recover from the lift/wheels/tires going on next week.

PIG

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL
Stupid question, I can run the steering stabilizer with the stock tie rod and drag link to start, yes? Eventually, I would like to upgrade to the Yeti tie rod and drag link with the understanding I will need the damper bracket but need the budget to recover from the lift/wheels/tires going on next week.
Run what stabilizer? Do you want to run an after market stabilizer in the factory stabilizer position or on top of the tie rod? Why go with the Yeti set up when you can go with the Synergy kit that's less expensive and stronger? Any aftermarket tie rod will require going to a top mount steering stabilizer. Shoot me an email if you need some more help or a hook up on parts , [email protected]

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Run what stabilizer? Do you want to run an after market stabilizer in the factory stabilizer position or on top of the tie rod? Why go with the Yeti set up when you can go with the Synergy kit that's less expensive and stronger? Any aftermarket tie rod will require going to a top mount steering stabilizer. Shoot me an email if you need some more help or a hook up on parts , [email protected]
Sorry I wasn’t clear, I was referring the TF Nexus 2.2 steering stabilizer. I’ll shoot you an email!

HBJeeper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' JLUR
The few minutes to change bracket and the $22 is nothing, but I don't think I want to void the warranty. Then again how often have I ever relied on warranties outside of maybe vehicles......
Man I’m in a situation where the bolt was NOT coming loose. Stripped. I have the 2.2 EF with JK clamp for HD tie rod. Do you know if it will bolt right up to the stock JL tie rod ?

Sponsored

PIG

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL

4x4inthe6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
Thanks for all the great info on the installation guys. Mine went on today.

About the ride, I find it way too firm. Has lots of memory steer. The steering wheel will not return to center freely. Have to manually counter steer after every turn.

Its new, so I assume there is a break in period, but at this point its a bit much, even on the softest setting. I have 35" K02s.

For those who have had one for a while, does it soften over time or is it overly damped like this for good?

Thanks for your help.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Thanks for all the great info on the installation guys. Mine went on today.

About the ride, I find it way too firm. Has lots of memory steer. The steering wheel will not return to center freely. Have to manually counter steer after every turn.

Its new, so I assume there is a break in period, but at this point its a bit much, even on the softest setting. I have 35" K02s.

For those who have had one for a while, does it soften over time or is it overly damped like this for good?

Thanks for your help.
I didn’t experience that issue. I use firm on the highway, medium for normal driving and soft for the trail. Noticeable difference on each setting. Are you sure your not binding some where.

4x4inthe6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
I didn’t experience that issue. I use firm on the highway, medium for normal driving and soft for the trail. Noticeable difference on each setting. Are you sure your not binding some where.
Thanks, glad to hear that feedback. I will check it out. I'm using the Synergy high mount kit, but all seems level and smooth, just really firm.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Thanks, glad to hear that feedback. I will check it out. I'm using the Synergy high mount kit, but all seems level and smooth, just really firm.
can you post a picture of the setup so we can see?
Sponsored