Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I was told by RiverOaks Parts dept that MOPAR was releasing the hood locks in July...then that passed, then they quoted August 1st, then that passed...Now he heard they are gonna have them made for September 1st...so I'm going to wait. I'll post here again when/if I find out more information and the cost...he told me he was gonna do some research this week and for me to hit him up to check.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
$3.01 off! What a deal, lol!
I feel your sarcasm S or J.

"Gee thanks for paying me interest on my money in your discount that you're holding on to, earning interest on yourself, until said vaporware makes its way to market at some future unknown date, whose delivery notoriously gets moved further into the future the further into the future we travel."

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Has anyone heard any updates on this? Last I heard it was september 1st when I tried to order this back in August.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Benny, at All Mopar Parts told me Oct 1
got it, thanks for the update! Has anyone see/heard how this will look and how they've addressed the grille inserts? With the JK you could just add the lock and access it since there were no inserts, wondering if this will include a special center insert with a cutout for the lock?

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
got it, thanks for the update! Has anyone see/heard how this will look and how they've addressed the grille inserts? With the JK you could just add the lock and access it since there were no inserts, wondering if this will include a special center insert with a cutout for the lock?
I’ve looked into it and haven’t found anything. I also wondered if it will attach with rivets like the jk mount.

Sponsored

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
It's November 2, any updates?
Still vaporware. A discouraging fact regarding this lock kit is that months ago you could do a search of its part number (82215137) on the official Mopar web store (moparstore.com) and its description would come up stating it was not yet available. If you do a search of that part number now, it comes back stating "No Results." I don't see its removal from the parts list as a positive development.

zssfred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Punk'n Rubicon 4-door
Still vaporware. A discouraging fact regarding this lock kit is that months ago you could do a search of its part number (82215137) on the official Mopar web store (moparstore.com) and its description would come up stating it was not yet available. If you do a search of that part number now, it comes back stating "No Results." I don't see its removal from the parts list as a positive development.
Too bad. Is it possible to replace the whole hood with an internal lock like what normal car does?

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad. Is it possible to replace the whole hood with an internal lock like what normal car does?
I have no idea, but boltlock.com has been developing a center lock for the JL hood similar to the one they currently offer for the JK.
Sponsored