First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
  • Banned
@JeepCares

Please look into why this product hasn't made its way to market yet, aside from the Chinese knockoffs that have emerged and steal revenue from you and Bolt, Inc. and let us know. Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=jl+wrangler+hood+lock+&_sacat=0&_sop=16

In fact, please tell us why this simple product has taken so long to make its way to market. I ordered mine in Feb of 2018 from @Quadratec, and with their 5/28 shipping date estimate looming, I fear that.....

that date's going to soon be updated, as it has about 8 times already by Quadratec--not that I blame them--to some future date that comes and goes as that date's going to soon be updated, etc. (repeat paragraph....)

I'd love to be proven wrong. So would a lot of us.

Let's take a look at this shall we. Bolt already has the technology in place to adjust its locks to JL keys in other products like their hitch lock for the JL. So it's not the lock.

The technology to adapt this key cylinder to a hood lock is also already perfected as per the JK version of this product. It was just a matter of taking new measurements to the metal shop and integrating the JL lock into the design.

In the time this has taken to come to market, no joke, the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas was pretty much built...the entire freakin hotel https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxor_Las_Vegas

3/1992 - 10/1993

Now, if you ask Bolt, they tell you it was a vendor problem.

...not buying it. Not for this amount of time.

What's the real deal? You and Bolt can't come to agreement?

Is it the front camera space collision in the grill afterthought?

Sh_t or get off the pot already.

(This is not an attack of any vendor, Quadratec included, who would love to make money on this product's sale as well.)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
  • Banned
I'm a completely violence adverse individual. You'd have to come up against me or a family member and leave me no way out before I'd consider taking a life.

I certainly don't threaten or hurt people over something as silly as delayed product.

That said, "inner demons" in me wish this below famous segment could be remade, substituting, "what does Marcellus Wallace look like," with "when will the JL MOPAR Hood lock be released."

classic

OP
OP

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
  • Banned

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
I get it. It's not content whose length is shorter than your interest. That's fine.

Funny though, most of us don't announce to the world when something is tool long for us and we didn't read it: we just don't read it and move on, not comment that this is what we did: that's not fine.

...or maybe it's just your attention span. Consider practicing what you preach:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-hoodlock-oem-key-knockoffs.28966/#post-681184
Sorry @RussJeep1, I mean @Rahneld.

Your posts are unnecessarily long-winded and random. You asked about updates to the hood lock and posted a link to the Luxor and a clip from Pulp Fiction. I don't think it's my attention span that's lacking.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I'm a completely violence adverse individual. You'd have to come up against me or a family member and leave me no way out before I'd consider taking a life.

I certainly don't threaten or hurt people over something as silly as delayed product.

That said, "inner demons" in me wish this below famous segment could be remade, substituting, "what does Marcellus Wallace look like," with "when will the JL MOPAR Hood lock be released."

classic
So that would make all of us Jules and FCA is Brett? Sounds about right!!! That's about all we get out of them - "What?" :angry:

OP
OP

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
  • Banned
Sorry @RussJeep1, I mean @Rahneld.

Your posts are unnecessarily long-winded and random. You asked about updates to the hood lock and posted a link to the Luxor and a clip from Pulp Fiction. I don't think it's my attention span that's lacking.
  • I have one account here and always have.
  • I regret nothing in this post. It explained how there's no excuse for the delay.
  • tl;dr is for situations where people need to know they didn't get a message through to you specifically, like an email. My forum post wasn't directed at you, and nobody needs to know you didn't read it, unless you want to be a douche or you have an overinflated opinion of the importance of your reading priorities that you feel others should follow.
  • I can't argue with a man who sites a post that occurred after his comments as justification. Clearly, you have a time machine. I can't compete with that. Interesting though how you thought random something that someone else above "got." Oh, and the Luxor: the point, sorry you missed, is that you could almost build an entire hotel in the time this product's taken to come to market---not that any other vehicles have hood locks standard (sarcasm.)

If you want to be productive and not a troll, tell me what of my OP you would have left out; I'll give you a good reason why I put it in. Maybe originate a thread more.

BTW: it doesn't mean jack that an estimated delivery date's been stable for some time.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-jl-hood-lock-82215137.12146/page-2

It's been stable for some time, about 8 times, and then it changed about 4 days from the estimated target date. You speak from ignorance or lack ability to see pattern here. If your 5/24 (Quadratec 5/28) delivery date holds, and I hope it does, it won't make you right, just a lucky guesser.

Please stop unless you have fact to add about this situation.

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
  • I have one account here and always have.
  • I regret nothing in this post. It explained how there's no excuse for the delay.
  • tl;dr is for situations where people need to know they didn't get a message through to you specifically, like an email. My forum post wasn't directed at you, and nobody needs to know you didn't read it, unless you want to be a douche or you have an overinflated opinion of the importance of your reading priorities that you feel others should follow.
  • I can't argue with a man who sites a post that occurred after his comments as justification. Clearly, you have a time machine. I can't compete with that. Interesting though how you thought random something that someone else above "got." Oh, and the Luxor: the point, sorry you missed, is that you could almost build an entire hotel in the time this product's taken to come to market---not that any other vehicles have hood locks standard (sarcasm.)
If you want to be productive and not a troll, tell me what of my OP you would have left out; I'll give you a good reason why I put it in. Maybe originate a thread more.

BTW: it doesn't mean jack that an estimated delivery date's been stable for some time.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-jl-hood-lock-82215137.12146/page-2

It's been stable for some time, about 8 times, and then it changed about 4 days from the estimated target date. You speak from ignorance or lack ability to see pattern here. If your 5/24 (Quadratec 5/28) delivery date holds, and I hope it does, it won't make you right, just a lucky guesser.

Please stop unless you have fact to add about this situation.
tl;dr

OP
OP

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
It matters not if you read, and you probably did. It matters that trolls (as you are acting) are shut down in front of others so they, or those who would seek to copy them think twice about doing so.

: - )

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I'm just trying to figure out in what world do you think Jeepcares is actually going to respond to either of your post asking for accessories updates, when that's not what they do. If you're really desperate to lock your gas cap and hood maybe try emailing or chatting with FCA.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I also wonder the same about many things that were promised to market but hasn't yet, including the Cold Air Intake..

OP
OP

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'm just trying to figure out in what world do you think Jeepcares is actually going to respond to either of your post asking for accessories updates, when that's not what they do. If you're really desperate to lock your gas cap and hood maybe try emailing or chatting with FCA.
@JeepCares is the forward face of FCA on the forum for issues from dealers to rigs, to defects to MOPAR products.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hello-from-jeepcares.3575/

Whether and how they respond isn't the issue so much as their need to remain quiet here, or repeat themselves https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-hood-lock-bolt-vs-mopar.18321/page-6#post-654761 because there's no good answer for the delay, and pass along to their management how this product has to get moving, as there's no good PR response anymore.

It's not about what they say Zach. It's about what they do about passing this up the food chain.

Key matched and not locking gas caps for the JL have been out for quite some time.(???)

Emailing or chatting with FCA privately, barring a letter to the President (BTDT) are ineffective. FCA needs to be publicly called out. That's one of the places where a forum like this shines.

And letters to Strattec, Bolt's Parent Company (Bolt is making the lock): BTDT too.

Personally, I think Strattec and FCA are bickering (FCA no doubt carrying the larger weight here) on things like whose version of the lock "gets a cylinder cover," and how to make this work with a Gladiator forward facing camera in the same space--cudos to @Mad Hatter : who is anything but mad here.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-hood-lock-bolt-vs-mopar.18321/page-6#post-660329

: - )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Rahneld, you are not the only one getting increasingly frustrated at the Hood Lock situation. As a yearlong backorder veteran, I too belong to that club. Thank you for providing a summary of the situation to Jeep Cares, so that hopefully somebody can say, "this doesn't make any sense to our customers," and something gets done about it.

OP
OP

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Rahneld, you are not the only one getting increasingly frustrated at the Hood Lock situation. As a yearlong backorder veteran, I too belong to that club. Thank you for providing a summary of the situation to Jeep Cares, so that hopefully somebody can say, "this doesn't make any sense to our customers," and something gets done about it.
I JUST quoted you sir, as you were typing! : - )
Sponsored