Extreme Rubicon Wheel offset?

Omotose

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited Extreme Recon
Does anyone know what the factory wheel offset is on the Extreme Rubicon?
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
4.4" BS
17 x 8
-12mm offset (if truly identical to 77072466AB)

My understanding is that it's the same wheel as 77072466AB colored slightly different. I am not sure if there's been a clear confirmation on that though.

On the positive note, you can easily now run 37's or 40's without wheel spacers.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
4.4" BS
17 x 8
-12mm offset (if truly identical to 77072466AB)

My understanding is that it's the same wheel as 77072466AB colored slightly different. I am not sure if there's been a clear confirmation on that though.

On the positive note, you can easily now run 37's or 40's without wheel spacers.
It's not the same part number as the Mopar beadlock capable wheels. Are you sure the offset is the same? https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/part-for-xtreme-recon-wheels.81311/

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not the same part number as the Mopar beadlock capable wheels. Are you sure the offset is the same? https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/part-for-xtreme-recon-wheels.81311/
It's a different part number because the finish is different, but my understanding is that the offset is, indeed the same. I am not 100% certain though, and we'll need someone with the vehicle to confirm measurement. That said, it would have to be close -- as 35's from the factory are wider than the 33's and we know that it sticks out further thus the flare extensions.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
It's a different part number because the finish is different, but my understanding is that the offset is, indeed the same. I am not 100% certain though, and we'll need someone with the vehicle to confirm measurement. That said, it would have to be close -- as 35's from the factory are wider than the 33's and we know that it sticks out further thus the flare extensions.
the axles are also wider though.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the axles are also wider though.
392 XR axles (and have flare extensions) are not wider than the regular 392 (does not have flare extensions). Both vehicles have beadlock capable wheels. The width has shifted from 17x7.5 to 17x8 for those wheels, and at least someone measured the BS at 4.4" I am just not sure of the offset.

I'll find out for sure once I have mine next month.

WooPig

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUXRR 392
XR wheels are 5.15” backspacing.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR wheels are 5.15” backspacing.
Interesting, that's different than another member's measurements. But nonetheless if true, still provide enough backspacing to clear a 12.50 wide tire.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pretty reliable source

Jeep Wrangler JL Extreme Rubicon Wheel offset? 1637547806885
Cool! Either way should have no issue clearing 37’s on the wheels. The diff between the 33’s and 35’s are 0.95”. AEV uses 5.75” BS and they still clear ( not all 37’s) so this is a good sign.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Cool! Either way should have no issue clearing 37’s on the wheels. The diff between the 33’s and 35’s are 0.95”. AEV uses 5.75” BS and they still clear ( not all 37’s) so this is a good sign.
Depends on what kind of off-roading you do. Mines not a 392 or an XR, but on my rubicon I originally used the mopar Beadlock capable wheels with 37x12.50 tires. Depends on the source, but those are listed as 4.4” BS and 5”BS. I never measured mine to confirm either way. However, when off-road, if the steering was turned full lock and the front corner was at full stuff on the side where the tire is pointing inwards, my tire would rub on the sway bar end link top mount bolt. It was bad enough to leave marks/small groove all the way around the inside of the tires. Seriously thought I was going to pop a tire a few times

I switched to 3.5” BS with the same tires and no more problem. I think 4”, maybe 4.25” would have been fine also.

If you aren’t off-roading much, or only doing light trails then it will be fine

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on what kind of off-roading you do. Mines not a 392 or an XR, but on my rubicon I originally used the mopar Beadlock capable wheels with 37x12.50 tires. Depends on the source, but those are listed as 4.4” BS and 5”BS. I never measured mine to confirm either way. However, when off-road, if the steering was turned full lock and the front corner was at full stuff on the side where the tire is pointing inwards, my tire would rub on the sway bar end link top mount bolt. It was bad enough to leave marks/small groove all the way around the inside of the tires. Seriously thought I was going to pop a tire a few times

I switched to 3.5” BS with the same tires and no more problem. I think 4”, maybe 4.25” would have been fine also.

If you aren’t off-roading much, or only doing light trails then it will be fine
Hmm that’s interesting. I wheeled Moab on 39’s and had 4.75” BS and never rubbed, full articulation. I was running 4 1/2” of lift so that probably did it :)

We’ll see how it does with the stock beadlocks. I personally don’t think it’ll rub on 37” KM3’s but I’ll find out I guess 😂

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm that’s interesting. I wheeled Moab on 39’s and had 4.75” BS and never rubbed, full articulation. I was running 4 1/2” of lift so that probably did it :)

We’ll see how it does with the stock beadlocks. I personally don’t think it’ll rub on 37” KM3’s but I’ll find out I guess 😂
A big part of it is what length you set your sway bar end link at. I used to have the links that came with the MC game changer kit and they were not adjustable. MC includes long lengths because of the long amount of droop the kit allows for, but even then they seemed a bit long to me. This had my sway bar angle pretty steep, and put it right in the way of my tire. Certainly likely other lifts/adjustable length end links could be adjusted to the right length such that you won’t flip your sway bar but it also isn’t as steep of an angle. (Or just run less backspacing)

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A big part of it is what length you set your sway bar end link at. I used to have the links that came with the MC game changer kit and they were not adjustable. MC includes long lengths because of the long amount of droop the kit allows for, but even then they seemed a bit long to me. This had my sway bar angle pretty steep, and put it right in the way of my tire. Certainly likely other lifts/adjustable length end links could be adjusted to the right length such that you won’t flip your sway bar but it also isn’t as steep of an angle. (Or just run less backspacing)
Yep, that makes sense!

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
My Xtreme Recon has the greyish bead lock capable wheels, they have 12mm offset on 17x8” rim made in Mexico. I believe it’s the exact same spec as the Mopar bead lock wheels, except they are black with silver ring and made in China. I have both on my Jeep since one of my spares was stolen and it’s the only replacement available that matches (almost). Jeep still doesn’t have these listed as available…..
Sponsored