List wheels that fit Rubicon offset

Spike

First Name
Spike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLR 2 Door
Starting a thread to capture list of wheels that fit JL Rubicon offset of ~44mm or backspace of ~6 inch. My stock 7.5 inch wide Rubicon wheels are too narrow for my 315/70r17 tires to fit without rounding the tread. But these tires do fit fine under the fenders without protruding. I am looking for a 17 inch diameter 8.5 to 9 inch wide wheel with backspace close to stock so tread will lay flat and tire will fit below fender. Most wheels I find are for JL or JK backspace not Rubicon. I thought it might be helpful to gather a list of compatible wheels here for everyone to reference.
Sponsored

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
There's a few +25 offsets in 8.5 & 9" widths but only several like AEV, anything higher in offset at those widths and you'll run into inner clearance issues with 315 width. If you were to run a 11.5" you could get a few more mm in offset but that's about it.

OP
OP

Spike

First Name
Spike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLR 2 Door
There's a few +25 offsets in 8.5 & 9" widths but only several like AEV, anything higher in offset at those widths and you'll run into inner clearance issues with 315 width. If you were to run a 11.5" you could get a few more mm in offset but that's about it.
Maybe I should edit and change the thread to backspacing only then and forget about the offset. What I am really trying to find is a list of wheels that have the same backspacing as the stock wheels. That way, in my mind at least, the 315/70r17 will still fit fine as it does now, with no interference, but will have the extra wheel width to allow the tread to sit flat on the road. The tread will not move inward toward the fender, it will just be less pinched by the narrow 7.5 inch wheel.

As the wheel gets wider and the offset stays static, I do understand more wheel will be outboard but still will be better than the wheels i am finding that all protrude by significant amounts.

Has anyone seen 8.5 or 9 inch wide wheels that are roughly in the neighborhood of the stock 6 inch backspacing?
AEV Part #: 20402035AA is close at 17*8.5 5.8 inch backspacing.
DV8 Offroad Part #: 840M-7903218 17*9 5.7 inch backspacing
Moto Metal MO977 LINK 17*9 5.98 inch backspacing

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!