Retired
Sting gray!
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Keep in mind the colors listed online aren't necessarily 100% available now, or in the future. Mojito was on the site longer than it was available, and Bikini was listed as available for months before it actually was available. Of the colors the OP listed, I like the Billet Silver the most. But others are saying that is no longer available. I would guess it is getting replaced by a 2022 silver that is yet to be announced. I think I would get tired of the Sting Grey. The Sarge Green never did anything for me. So that would leave Granite Crystal.

Definitely visit dealer lots and look at the colors in person. I was leaning towards a Punkin Orange or Red, and wound up going Mojito after I saw one on a dealer lot. Of the JL colors that have been available to today, I would still probably get Mojito again (or maybe Hydro Blue). All my previous vehicles have been white/silver/grey. I wanted to change it up with the Jeep. I don't think many other vehicles look good in bright metallic green either (well Porsche lizard green is great).

But at this point, I would wait for the 2022 color announcement.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Keep in mind the colors listed online aren't necessarily 100% available now, or in the future. Mojito was on the site longer than it was available, and Bikini was listed as available for months before it actually was available. Of the colors the OP listed, I like the Billet Silver the most. But others are saying that is no longer available. I would guess it is getting replaced by a 2022 silver that is yet to be announced. I think I would get tired of the Sting Grey. The Sarge Green never did anything for me. So that would leave Granite Crystal.

Definitely visit dealer lots and look at the colors in person. I was leaning towards a Punkin Orange or Red, and wound up going Mojito after I saw one on a dealer lot. Of the JL colors that have been available to today, I would still probably get Mojito again (or maybe Hydro Blue). All my previous vehicles have been white/silver/grey. I wanted to change it up with the Jeep. I don't think many other vehicles look good in bright metallic green either (well Porsche lizard green is great).

I agree. I'm definitely waiting for the 2022s myself. At this point why not? Hopefully we hear something soon. I couldn't see ordering a 2021 this late in the game. Hopefully the 2022 colors are really good.

I'd like to see some oldie but goodies return like Commando. But I'd really like to see some totally brand new colors even more. It definitely will be interesting.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I agree. I'm definitely waiting for the 2022s myself. At this point why not? Hopefully we hear something soon. I couldn't see ordering a 2021 this late in the game. Hopefully the 2022 colors are really good.

I'd like to see some oldie but goodies return like Commando. But I'd really like to see some totally brand new colors even more. It definitely will be interesting.
It would be a slap in the face if they didn’t change colors or add new ones. But we’ll see it’s been a wild year.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

The dealers don’t have any to look at. When I picked up my 392 less than 2 weeks ago it was the only Wrangler there, went by the other local dealer a week ago and they had 1 -2dr & a handful of Gladiators. Very few of anything else too.

Sponsored

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK
My wife surprised me Saturday as we went to see about an incoming 392 and she says it has to be a 2 door Rubicon. No 392’s in a 2 door so that got shot down. Sting Grey was her first choice and we talked about waiting to order a ‘22 but she was afraid they would drop Sting Grey and went with the tan and black leather interior to do away with the red accents throughout the vehicle.
Also shocked me saying Sarge would have been her second choice.

This will be her third new Wrangler. Sunset, purple and now totally the other direction with Sting Grey. She had to have color matched fenders and top also.

The dealer couldn’t look up ‘22 colors as I really was interested in a desert tan.

BamaTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2015 Rubicon 2-dr
Somewhere I read the 2022 wrangler colors would be announced at the end of sept....but who knows?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Somewhere I read the 2022 wrangler colors would be announced at the end of sept....but who knows?
I thought during previous years the colors were announced during the summer. Maybe pink is the only new color since they announced that one only? Or could just be another supply line issue. I know they don't necessarily make all the colors available to order on day one of production either.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I thought during previous years the colors were announced during the summer. Maybe pink is the only new color since they announced that one only? Or could just be another supply line issue. I know they don't necessarily make all the colors available to order on day one of production either.
That's kinda what I'm worried about. I bet they have standard colors to start and the mid year they announce the new or special colors. That would totally screw me. Although I'm ordering a 2 door and I've heard they don't make them right away either? Is that correct? I have a feeling I'm going to be out of a primary vehicle for awhile longer!!

alanh2c6

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Sting Gray all the way, depending on light, changes shades:)

2018 JL 11.jpg

2018 JL 12.jpg

Sponsored

BamaTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2015 Rubicon 2-dr
I thought during previous years the colors were announced during the summer.
Yes, I think that is normally when it happens. But it appears the 2022's will be delayed due to the chip shortage (among other things). I don't think we will know the colors for sure until Jeep releases the 2022 order guide and then it may not be all the colors that will eventually be available. I would like to know, we plan on ordering a 2022 rubicon 4-door hardtop v6 6-spd 4.88 gears.

Me thinks that new pink color is for 2021's. Don't know if they will carry it over to the 2022's. I kinda doubt it.

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Someone early on in this thread mentioned to go to a dealer lot and look around. Excellent advise. I found the colours QUITE different in person compared to what I saw on my computer screen. Hence, though it is not on your list, I chose Firecracker Red. :jk:

Krowensby

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Hi there

I am planning to buy my new wrangler before the end of this year, thinking to get the Sport model 4-doors, but very confused about the exterior color. I would like to hear your opinions and preferences to help me choose better. I am a 40-year-old Male and want to use the Wrangler for casual use.

Colors: Sting-Gray, Sarge Green, Billet Silver, or Granite Crystal.

I feel the Granite might be too dark though.

thanks
Well you don't have Baja yellow on the list so my favorite isn't in the running.

JoeBanks

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport JLU
Someone early on in this thread mentioned to go to a dealer lot and look around. Excellent advise. I found the colours QUITE different in person compared to what I saw on my computer screen. Hence, though it is not on your list, I chose Firecracker Red. :jk:
Completely agree.
I was torn between Sting-Grey and Sarge Green...once I saw Sarge Green in person at the dealership I knew that was the color for me. It looks way better in real life than online IMHO.
Sponsored