Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. So getting the "upgraded leather" actually isn't worth it at all.
The seats themselves are reportedly nicer than the standard leather package. Since that upgrade is added to the cloth package, there are some differences compared to the standard leather package. No rear fold down armrest with cup holders, soft touch leather door panels and top dash cover, leather shift knobs, ebrake lever, steering wheel, visors, and center console lid. There's also no gap hider when the rear seats are folded down.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The seats themselves are reportedly nicer than the standard leather package. Since that upgrade is added to the cloth package, there are some differences compared to the standard leather package. No rear fold down armrest with cup holders, soft touch leather door panels and top dash cover, leather shift knobs, ebrake lever, steering wheel, visors, and center console lid. There's also no gap hider when the rear seats are folded down.
That leather would have to come from unicorns and be so supple I could wheel buck naked before I would be happy giving all that up for an "upgrade".

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
That leather would have to come from unicorns and be so supple I could wheel buck naked before I would be happy giving all that up for an "upgrade".
Totally agree! I didnā€™t want the ā€œupgradedā€ perforated leather - and we live in Florida. It seems that sweat/water, sand and grime would be absorbed by the underlying material through the perforations. Sand inside the material is abrasive, which I would expect to break down softer material quicker, make it a lot more difficult to clean, etc.

The ā€œstifferā€ leather of my standard leather seats is slowly breaking in over time, becoming more pliable while still looking new.

Thatā€˜s my logical analysis, albeit uneducated šŸ¤£

OP
OP

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1986 CJ7
Keep in mind with the alternate leather you are just paying for the leather seats, not the standard leather plus an add on for the upgrade. For me a leather dash, visors, armrests, shift knobs etc didnā€™t add any value. I just wanted the nice leather seats only. This option allows getting them without paying for all the other stuff I didnā€™t want to pay for.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Keep in mind with the alternate leather you are just paying for the leather seats, not the standard leather plus an add on for the upgrade. For me a leather dash, visors, armrests, shift knobs etc didnā€™t add any value. I just wanted the nice leather seats only. This option allows getting them without paying for all the other stuff I didnā€™t want to pay for.
Oh, I get it. I haven't actualy felt or even seen the upgraded leather. I just appreciate the matching leather interior, back seat cup holders in center and no gap in rear when seats are folded down.
Mine came fully loaded from dealer so it wasn't really an option anyway.

Sponsored

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Well what about the standard cloth/fabric seats for the rubicon! Will those have the grill logo or red rubicon stitching? I paid for a rubicon with cloth seats and fully expect to get the red rubicon stitching. I hate the way that grill logo looks. Those belong on the lesser trim jeeps imo. I paid a premium for the "rubicon" trim level and I expect to get " rubicon" lettering.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Well what about the standard cloth/fabric seats for the rubicon! Will those have the grill logo or red rubicon stitching? I paid for a rubicon with cloth seats and fully expect to get the red rubicon stitching. I hate the way that grill logo looks. Those belong on the lesser trim jeeps imo. I paid a premium for the "rubicon" trim level and I expect to get " rubicon" lettering.
It will be the standard rubicon embroidery. Then, if you want of course, you can upgrade to katzkin covers and get exactly what you want, for the same cost of the "upgraded" leather from Jeep.

Hydro Nat

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Wait so the visors are leather too? I donā€™t have that on my standard leather package?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Wait so the visors are leather too? I donā€™t have that on my standard leather package?
Or maybe a vinyl material or whatnot? Not just a typical hard plastic or cloth covered visor.

Come to think about it, the visors are probably the same across all Wranglers. Otherwise, they'd have the red stitching like the rest of the leather interior package.

Jeep Wrangler JL Expected the red Rubicon embroidery instead got this 20201007_070218
Jeep Wrangler JL Expected the red Rubicon embroidery instead got this 20201007_070302

Sponsored

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Jeepā€™s leather, cloth, stitching and dash color combos are crazy. I imagine some dude in a dark room with a giant spreadsheet of all the combinations, laughing at people trying to figure out the formula lol. When I ordered I couldnā€™t get what I wanted to I went with black cloth to get the red dash. Then got Mopar Katzkin seats in tan to match my tan top with ā€œRubiconā€ embossed (pressed) into the leather. I like it better than stitching because thereā€™s nothing to get dirty.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Expected the red Rubicon embroidery instead got this

Not complaining, actually like it better and still has the red stitching, just curious why the different?

Jeep Wrangler JL Expected the red Rubicon embroidery instead got this 20200405_185545
You would have seen it on the build-it-now tool, but you really have to look for it.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You will get the red Rubicon embroidering with the cloth seats. It will also come with the Sport door armrests ā€”without the stitching, the rear seat without the center armrest, and no gap cover behind the rear seats.
Sponsored