ESS Start / Stop disabled

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
Even the left have changed it to climate change because Global warming never panned out. .
No it was the coming Ice Age changed to Global Warming then to Climate Change...

So for now it’s doors on, top up for the ice age, doors off top down for global warming and a combination of either one as applicable for climate change...
Sponsored

ArmorAPLarry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Compass
What does this do exactly?
As stated in another reply. This device does not disable the ESS, it simply remembers your last setting and resets to that setting. So if you had the ESS off when you turned the vehicle off, it will be off when you re-start the vehicle.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Even the left have changed it to climate change because Global warming never panned out. Growing up I was told we had to watch out for acid rain, then we burned a hole in the ozone layer after that and were all supposed to die of cancer, then global warming showed up, never panned out so now it is climate change.......you can be a lot more happy in life not worrying about this stupid fear mongering.
Fear is a state of mind of the weak or believing in a lie from a CON-MAN. A self proclaimed good guy who is all about LIEING and finding ways to better benefit himself and his CON-ARTIST kids and Russian buddies. But want followers to make him feel like a man.
I guess having a MAIL ORDER RUSSIAN BRIDE IS GOOD FOR votes. How PATHETIC

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Even the left have changed it to climate change because Global warming never panned out. Growing up I was told we had to watch out for acid rain, then we burned a hole in the ozone layer after that and were all supposed to die of cancer, then global warming showed up, never panned out so now it is climate change.......you can be a lot more happy in life not worrying about this stupid fear mongering.
Happy I'm very happy. Rubicon happy

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T, JTR on order
Maybe not all but there is way too much cancer going around. I think it's one in THREE people. Seems more like half at times..

Sponsored

TEOTWAWKI Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 1955 Ford Thunderbird
Fear is a state of mind of the weak or believing in a lie from a CON-MAN. A self proclaimed good guy who is all about LIEING and finding ways to better benefit himself and his CON-ARTIST kids and Russian buddies. But want followers to make him feel like a man.
Shouldn’t you be driving a leftymobile like a Prius or Tesla instead of a gas guzzling SUV while arguing that saving 1 gallon of gas will save the planet for future generations?

Orangeman bad! Orangeman bad! We’re all going to die!!!!

The tard is strong with this one.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Hate to burst your bubble but ess hardly saves you ANYTHING.

When your running any kind of HVAC(which is basically year round)it's even further useless in saving anything.
This is simply not true. Engineering Explained has a good video and there are other resources, but the upshot is that 7 seconds of idling is equal to the amount of gas it takes to crank your engine. It definitely saves you something.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
This is simply not true. Engineering Explained has a good video and there are other resources, but the upshot is that 7 seconds of idling is equal to the amount of gas it takes to crank your engine. It definitely saves you something.
If it saved anything measurable I can GUARANTEE you the liberals of the world would pass a law making impossible to turn ESS off.

The savings are null at this stage of the technology.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shouldn’t you be driving a leftymobile like a Prius or Tesla instead of a gas guzzling SUV while arguing that saving 1 gallon of gas will save the planet for future generations?

Orangeman bad! Orangeman bad! We’re all going to die!!!!

The tard is strong with this one.
It's Pathetic people like you that ruin the World. And yes I have a Tesla, and proud of it. Again a gallon saved is good with me.
But again drive the your cheap sport and enjoy.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
This might help with your ESS frustrations.
https://armorautoparts.com/collecti...ement-jl/products/sssjl-smartstopstart-module

Let me know if you have any questions.
-Larry
Armor Auto Parts
SSSJT_edd46850-c3c7-4078-a2cd-97fea1cbc44a_1024x1024@2x.jpg
Sounds like just the ticket. ESS is not all bad, but I prefer to have it switched off by default. I am rarely in a traffic situation where it would be the least bit helpful. Instead, I find it down right dangerous. Having the engine switch off before I am about take the gap in the traffic does not instill a great deal of confidence in one's safety.

Being in Australia, I have the option of the sweet 2.2l turbo diesel. Anyone know if 'SmartStopStart' module would be suitable?

Sponsored

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
Sounds like just the ticket. ESS is not all bad, but I prefer to have it switched off by default. I am rarely in a traffic situation where it would be the least bit helpful. Instead, I find it down right dangerous. Having the engine switch off before I am about take the gap in the traffic does not instill a great deal of confidence in one's safety.

Being in Australia, I have the option of the sweet 2.2l turbo diesel. Anyone know if 'SmartStopStart' module would be suitable?
Yes, we have a few out there on the 2.2 Export Turbo Diesel and it works fine. Purchase direct from our website or Armor Auto Parts and it will include free shipping to Australia by mail. It should arrive in the mail about 2 weeks or so.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
It's Pathetic people like you that ruin the World. And yes I have a Tesla, and proud of it. Again a gallon saved is good with me.
But again drive the your cheap sport and enjoy.
Wow. Just wow.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Yes, we have a few out there on the 2.2 Export Turbo Diesel and it works fine. Purchase direct from our website or Armor Auto Parts and it will include free shipping to Australia by mail. It should arrive in the mail about 2 weeks or so.
Thanks Steve. I have placed my order for one.

Looking forward to not cursing that button again! :)

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Dang - I was liking that this forum has so little of this uneducated BS trolled on it - guess that was too good to be true.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Dang - I was liking that this forum has so little of this uneducated BS trolled on it - guess that was too good to be true.
I find it entertaining. Nothing wrong with a little variety now and then. I will say this , I love how the economy is rockin along , the stock mkt is cruising, and some d bag sociopath is blown up. I can handle 4 more years of this. The climate is changing , is it our fault or is it natural? Its all a grand illusion anyway ! Peace !
Sponsored