Engine badging? Thoughts?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Perhaps engine badging is necessary so the clueless mechanics at the stealership at least have a remote idea of what to look for under the hood..
Doesn’t matter, it wouldn’t help, he would still put too much oil in it!
Sponsored

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I am for whatever you want to do with your jeep. If you don't want any badging, cool take it all off. If you want some badges cool put them on. I have thought about adding the 2.0L Turbo badge on mine just so when I blow your doors off you will know you just got beat by a little 4 banger. And if I loose you will know a little 4 banger just gave you a run for your money.

OP
OP
DVLDOG-USMC

DVLDOG-USMC

First Name
CL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Green JLU & 2014 Dodge Challenger
I am for whatever you want to do with your jeep. If you don't want any badging, cool take it all off. If you want some badges cool put them on. I have thought about adding the 2.0L Turbo badge on mine just so when I blow your doors off you will know you just got beat by a little 4 banger. And if I loose you will know a little 4 banger just gave you a run for your money.
Agreed!!

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Just curious what peoples thoughts were regarding engine badging on the Jeep? Anyone think Jeep should start placing a small badge on the back identifying engine type? The 392 is easy to spot but wondering if other engine types should be noted? I believe earlier Wrangler models had small writing in the back such as 4.0. I was tempted to try to find a factory looking engine badge for mine.
Honestly I'd pull my hood badges off if Jeep hadn't put holes under them to affix to. I did add a little badge to the rear...

Jeep Wrangler JL Engine badging? Thoughts? 1643285110255

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
In fairness, I don’t know that I’d call the EcoDiesel a “good” engine...

Expensive...? Yes!

Lusty...? Sure!

Good...? Lemme get back to you on that one...

😫

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I don't know about an engine badge, but I really would like the old school Jeep font for the sides. I've looked but can't find what I'm looking for.

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
No to badges, and a even bigger no to stickers from companies that aren't a sponsor to you!

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
Cool, I'll have to look for that. I guess I feel left out with my 2.0! Feel like we got left out of the engine badging! Ha!
Why let everyone know you have the cheapest smallest engine?

Sponsored

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Tbh, the only engine worth noting would be the 392. I don't know what's so special about a 2.0L 4-cylinder or a 3.6L V6. 🤷‍♂️
Exactly my thoughts. Why would we want a badge on the back of our vehicles that essentially says "this is not one of the cool ones"? So many owners who have vehicles that DO have engine badges for base engines go through the trouble to REMOVE those badges. I sure don't want to add one.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
There kind of is already (although not in the instance you are referring to). The color around the rubicon indicates the engine.
Travis, please expand on this. I'm not following you.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Why let everyone know you have the cheapest smallest engine?
A V6 with a 6 speed was the no-cost option for me. Choosing the 2.0T makes the 8-speed auto compulsory, which added $1.5K to my configuration cost*. The four cylinder gets observably better fuel mileage than its larger gas sibling, and has a higher torque rating to boot. Subjectively, the "smallest engine" is more fun to drive in everyday driving conditions.

*In 2022, that upcharge is now $2K.

Hurricane owners aren't slumming, despite the misplaced belief that they are. ;)

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
A V6 with a 6 speed was the no-cost option for me. Choosing the 2.0T makes the 8-speed auto compulsory, which added $1.5K to my configuration cost. The four cylinder gets observably better fuel mileage than its larger gas sibling, and has a higher torque rating to boot. Subjectively, the "smallest engine" is more fun to drive in everyday driving conditions.

Hurricane owners aren't slumming, despite the misplaced belief that they are. ;)
For me it cost more to get the V6. I would have saved $1500 by going with the 2.0l. The V6 gets me much better low-end power, I only sacrificed 1.5mpg over the 2.0l I had previously and the 3.6l feels peppier and is more fun to drive along with being much less annoying to deal with.

3.6l owners definitely aren't "slumming", either. I was happy to pay the extra money to not have to deal with the 2.0 anymore. ;)

See? There is no base engine, or they're both base engines. it's all a matter of perspective.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
For me it cost more to get the V6. I would have saved $1500 by going with the 2.0l. The V6 gets me much better low-end power, I only sacrificed 1.5mpg over the 2.0l I had previously and the 3.6l feels peppier and is more fun to drive along with being much less annoying to deal with.

3.6l owners definitely aren't "slumming", either. I was happy to pay the extra money to not have to deal with the 2.0 anymore. ;)

See? There is no base engine, or they're both base engines. it's all a matter of perspective.
How nice for you.
Sponsored