Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
According to CarBuzz, “25W” is the order code for Willys. But that Willys Sport Discount at the bottom of your sheet is a head scratcher.

I’d double check with the dealer. Unless members on here can confirm.
Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
My daughter just bought a '22 Willys. Hers is code 22W, since she got a 2 door. The package includes LED front lights and fogs, limited slip diff, etc. The Willys package is an add-on to a Sport trim level.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
In Jeep parlance, there are only three trim levels: Sport, Sahara and Rubicon.

For internal purposes, Willys is considered a Sport customer preferred package; 80th Anniversary and High Altitude are Sahara customer preferred packages, etc. What’s more confusing is that the factory order sheet doesn’t match neither the website nor the window sticker.

As others have suggested, I’d try another dealer, known for offering discounts on factory orders.

Good luck.
Yep this. Also, anyone else notice that the cost of Gorilla has skyrocketed? Yikes!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think what's confusing me is on the jeep site they lost a willys and a Willy's sport. Why make the names confusing like this?
Yes. It is confusing.

The only explanation I can come with is that research has told Jeep product planners that buyers want “individuality and customization.” And the website, being primarily a marketing tool, shows more “trim levels” than there need to be.

I’m been harping it this for years. Jeep makes this entire process unnecessary onerous, especially for first-time buyers.

But hey, Jeep is making money over fist, so it must be working, right...?

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
My daughter just bought a '22 Willys. Hers is code 22W, since she got a 2 door. The package includes LED front lights and fogs, limited slip diff, etc. The Willys package is an add-on to a Sport trim level.
Here is her Monroney (SP?). It shows what is included in the Willys package.

Attachments

Sponsored

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-on-2022-wranglers.80479/page-45#post-1752118

If you don’t mind waiting or shipping. Clutch is a great broker to work with as well. (I think he has a East coast dealer). It pisses me off seeing dealers flat out lie and try to take advantage of people because of “the market” crap. Get a Willy XR or Rubicon for the same price. just my .02c

edit: the dealer is ordering, so you’re waiting either way. Also, any of these dealers should also honor your first responder on top of the % off already.

So it comes down to a short flight and fun adventure drive home or a $800ish ship fee.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
Pardon my ignorance with this, but how do I know if I'm getting the upgrade axles, etc that come on a Willy's? It seem alike there is a sport with an appearance package as well as an actual Willy's? Hopefully I'm being paranoid ;)
Here’s a Willys window sticker with an itemized list (under 25W) of exactly what you get for your $6,055.
Jeep Wrangler JL *edit...All good! Order placed D59C8314-2AD0-465D-B03E-6BFB8A77120B

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
You can check all the codes in the order guide, found on the site here (this is for the four-door/unlimited): https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...567217/?hash=fc902974d45f60e5325c0b0c6964c582

They have a Willys (25W) and a Willys Sport (25K). The number (25) is the engine, and the letter is the model Willys (W) and Willys Sport (K). So, 25 is the 3.6L e-torque and W is the Willys. Sounds like you wanted the 25W (Willys with e-torque) and that's what they configured.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Thanks, guys. I feel better about the package now. The price, not so much. I was buying into the idea of paying MSRP, as many dealers in the northeast are actually adding 3k to MSRP as a market adjustment. So, finding a dealer not upcharging already felt like it was better than nothing.
I appreciate your patience and not bearing up this newb :)
Spend the money on Tread Lightly and get at least 1% off invoice price, if your dealer does not honor affiliate pricing it is time to find a more reputable dealer.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
For 51k, you could ordered a Rubicon from one of the forum dealers for about what you are paying MSRP for the Willys. Just an option if you’re willing to travel.
And you don’t have to travel far…. You can do the whole order over the phone and internet. Then, when it arrives, ride the train down south and pick up your new Jeep. Make an adventure of it.

I tried to buy a new Raptor twice in Oregon in 2018. I went to two dealerships in towns forty miles apart. Both dealers had $10,000 “adjusted market price” stickers on the windows. Both claimed the trucks were so rare you “had to“ pay the ADM. Both dealers turned down my offer to pay Monroni… which I never, ever, EVER do.

I went home, got on eBay, found half a dozen Raptors in the color I wanted, and bought one over the phone for MSRP with no “doc fees” or other imaginary add on BS. The salesman emailed me a picture of the truck and the Monroni sticker and I wired the dealership the money. Done deal. The dealer FedEx’d me the MSO and all paperwork the following day. I took that to DMV, and got my Oregon plates and registration. I was going to have the Raptor shipped, but the truck was in Maine in early February, and we couldn’t get a trucking company to pick it up, so my wife and I turned it into an excuse for an adventure. We flew out to Maine, the dealer (Yankee Ford) picked us up at the Portland airport, and had our new truck waiting for us. It was a great trip. Maine is a beautiful state and we enjoyed the whole trip. We stayed in nice hotels, ate in nice restaurants, saw the sights, and enjoyed the drive.

Including the air fare and other travel costs, we got our Raptor for about $7,000 less than the Oregon dealers insisted on, and we got a fun vacation out of it.

When I got home I took the Raptor to the dealer and I was met at the door by the pompous sales manager who told me I’d never buy a Raptor for MSRP. He recognized me and said, “Why didn’t you buy that from us!?” I said, loudly and with a smile, “I tried, but you tried to jerk me around. They make new trucks every day. I bought this one over the phone in about 20 minutes — for a price you said was impossible.” :like:

OP, don’t let the local guy hold you hostage. The dealers on this forum will set you up — and within a much shorter drive than we took. Coordinate your delivery with a concert or a sporting event and make trip out of it.

ToplessTN

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Hydro Blue Rubicon Diesel
Thanks, guys. I feel better about the package now. The price, not so much. I was buying into the idea of paying MSRP, as many dealers in the northeast are actually adding 3k to MSRP as a market adjustment. So, finding a dealer not upcharging already felt like it was better than nothing.
I appreciate your patience and not bearing up this newb :)

Don't buy into the MSRP+ game. If you need one now and are buying off the lot, then you generally have to. But if you're ordering, you have options.

You're already going to order a new Jeep, so get one from a dealer that will give you the best price. I ordered a Rubicon two weeks ago from Gupton Motors in TN at 7% under INVOICE. After their doc fees, this comes out to 11.6% BELOW MSRP.

Koons is a dealership in DC that offers much the same pricing. Definitely read through the dealer pricing thread posted above. Why not get your new Jeep for $6K under MSRP if you can? That's more money for mods!

Central in Raynham, MA - 3% under invoice
Chapman in Horsham, PA - 6% under invoice
Criswell, Gaithersburg, MD - 6% under invoice
Koons in Vienna, Va - 7% under invoice

Send them your PDF online build summary from the Jeep site and they'll send you a price.

Congratulations on the future Jeep. Welcome to the obsession!