Dual key fob???

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
My wife and I are in the same boat, two wranglers. It was because of this I realized I don’t need to carry keys for her vehicle or vice versa. Can’t wait for the day StellANUS decides to charge us $50 a month for virtual smartphone keys and going through that dilemma, we all know it’s coming “paid software updates”. Heck locking your doors and remote start is already what $20? I always cancel after the trial. often feels a few years behind the pack as a person who has primarily driven Mopar the past 10-15 years, but I’ve still preferred it.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My wife and I are in the same boat, two wranglers. It was because of this I realized I don’t need to carry keys for her vehicle or vice versa. Can’t wait for the day StellANUS decides to charge us $50 a month for virtual smartphone keys and going through that dilemma, we all know it’s coming “paid software updates”. Heck locking your doors and remote start is already what $20? I always cancel after the trial. often feels a few years behind the pack as a person who has primarily driven Mopar the past 10-15 years, but I’ve still preferred it.
@TMD78

Were I you and your Wife, I would be going with different color, THREEDOM aftermarket fobs...

How about a nice punk'n color Model S+ for her and a say Model S+ for you with the subduded /gray...American flag..

Jeep Wrangler JL Dual key fob??? model s-flag-

Unless you want the full color flag Model S+ ....... :like:
Jeep Wrangler JL Dual key fob??? S+ fla

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If I were in the OP's situation at the moment, I'd get the Threedom FOBs.

I'd recommend either 2 of the Model M or one Model M and one Model S or S+, per driver.

I have a Model M and a model S. I can't tell you how pleased I am everytime I put one of their small FOBs in my pocket, after having a huge OEM FOB for almost 3 years.

But to the OP's musing about a single FOB, one thing that is certainly within possibilities is putting two circuit boards, back to back, in a single housing. I don't know whether the market demand is enough for Threedom to put in the effort to make such a housing. But you never know. I'd think they'd need to color code each side, so the user would know which is which. The model M pattern would be a good candidate for this kind of FOB, IMO.

L to R Model M, OEM, Model S
Jeep Wrangler JL Dual key fob??? 20220315_055910

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Threedom might be able to use two model M button shells and just make a back to back divider that holds the circuit boards/chips.
Sponsored