Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Vibration is typically the biggest issue with all of these. I hope that a good solution is developed. I can use shaky ones for a bit until then. On my current 2007 JK I use the brackets that allow you to relocate the factory mirrors to the hinge and they’re awesome. If that brackets fits the new hinge then I can order a pair of JK replacement mirrors and call it a day. However, the JK has a 3 bolt hinge pattern inside the door jamb and I think the JL has only 2 bolts. I doubt it would line up the same.
If you are talking about the Ditech brackets they don’t fit. Don’t ask me how i know.
Sponsored

loiacki

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
If you are talking about the Ditech brackets they don’t fit. Don’t ask me how i know.
Well that makes me sad...hopefully they will come out with an updated version for the JL.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well that makes me sad...hopefully they will come out with an updated version for the JL.
I sent them a few emails and they never responded. The guys at Fortec told me they would release something eventually but I gave up and went to the CMM mirrors. Too bad because the Dietech design is my favorite by far.

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Movingday - how did they work on the highway?

UrbanRogue - I pulled ups the distributors on the Rugged Ridge and Quadratech was cheapest due to free shipping but showed them to be pre-order that won't ship til July 5th... the other sites indicated nothing about pre order.

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Movingday - how did they work on the highway?

UrbanRogue - I pulled ups the distributors on the Rugged Ridge and Quadratech was cheapest due to free shipping but showed them to be pre-order that won't ship til July 5th... the other sites indicated nothing about pre order.

Worked great. The only minor issue is the arm for the passenger mirror could be a little longer. I can only see half of it sitting normal, have to lean just a little to see entire mirror. Other than that they’ve been great. Stay put, don’t vibrate, keep me legal

Sponsored

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Thanks, these look perfect! Seems no one has them in stock so I just went ahead and per-ordered from Quadratec.

Finally ruggedridge with the rectangle mirrors I like.

Decent price too.

Will be ordering these. They have round as well for ppl that prefer that.

Screenshot_20180617-213501_Samsung Internet.jpg

kvport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I sent them an email, they responded with this:

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your JK Mirror Brackets. We have received the new JL Mirrors and I believe we are in the process of reverse engineering them to see what we can come up with. I do not have any information for a release date at this time but if everything goes well, I’d like to think we might have them sometime this summer. Feel free to check back with us and hopefully I’ll have a little more information soon!
Thanks for following up! Im happy with my CMM mirrors for now but they have a very limited view compared to the Dietech mirrors.

I may revisit them next summer.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
F62BBA60-C448-427B-8227-6EA11D486901.jpeg
lange coyote setup is nice - love the quick release option, also comes with set screw if you don’t want quick release
Am still on the fence about getting this. What did you do about the two surfaces clamping on each other? Did you add additional protection?

Sponsored

bru22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gbpro.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2016 Audi Q5, 2016 GMC Denali 2500HD
Occupation
Principal & Creative Director
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased these on Amazon and am thrilled with them. Very stiff so even on the highway the mirror is steady with no distortion from vibration. The only downside is the post is a little small, but you can still tighten them down. I had them on for about 10 days and there was no issue with them loosening up. Overall I could not be happier especially given the cost and effectiveness of the product.

Black Rearview Shining Shining... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013JMTIG2?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I purchased these on Amazon and am thrilled with them. Very stiff so even on the highway the mirror is steady with no distortion from vibration. The only downside is the post is a little small, but you can still tighten them down. I had them on for about 10 days and there was no issue with them loosening up. Overall I could not be happier especially given the cost and effectiveness of the product.

Black Rearview Shining Shining... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013JMTIG2?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
I used similar for over 11 years with various JK's and never any issues. You could come up with a nylon bushing pretty easily but as you have seen it really is not necessary. A plus is they are pretty decent looking mirrors.

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Am still on the fence about getting this. What did you do about the two surfaces clamping on each other? Did you add additional protection?
they provide little plastic sticker squares that fully protect the paint, hard to see in pic but it provides a nice thick plastic buffer against body paint

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
F62BBA60-C448-427B-8227-6EA11D486901.jpeg
lange coyote setup is nice - love the quick release option, also comes with set screw if you don’t want quick release
Ugh. I canceled my order for these because estimated ship date was August 10 - no one has them in stock. I ordered these, instead, as they were supposed to ship 7/10... now Quadratec shows 7/26. I can't win!

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Ugh. I canceled my order for these because estimated ship date was August 10 - no one has them in stock. I ordered these, instead, as they were supposed to ship 7/10... now Quadratec shows 7/26. I can't win!
The other thing about the Lange mirrors - they were $90, now they upped it to $99. Boo.
Sponsored