Sponsored

Doorless Mirrors?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Yeah, they offer OK coverage, but the true dedicated mirror is helpful whcih is why I run both. Either is better than nothing and both is great. Even in winter the vent mirrors still offer added blind spot coverage which is handy with having to react quickly to people’s poor snow driving habits.

The MyGig ‘always-on’ option is nice, especially if you aren’t using the main head-unit for anything else at the time. I wish it was a default stock option for the JK and the JL units, woulda been a nice feature with tow package for constant rear load monitoring. Also handy especially with dirty / frosted plastic rear soft-top windows, as well as doorless.

I did a wiring trick in the old Rubicon to get it to work for me, but would prefer not having to run av-out then av-in like that it was a major hassle that I didn’t bother repeating wih the A-X.
Sponsored

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Cheap mirrors from Amazon showed up today. Pain in the ass to adjust correctly, and they shake a little driving down the road.
They do the job, but I really think the perfect solution would be to find a way to keep the rear camera on. Blind spots are actually less with the rear view camera than the mirrors. The only time I find the mirrors better are when backing into a tight spot since I can see exactly where my tires are.
20180321_144305.jpg
Nice Jeep man...love the white!

jtp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S unlimited
So no one in FLA or CA tried the Mopar doorless mirrors yet part number 82215138? If my Jeep ever gets built that's what I'll be getting for the summer months.

82215138-MOP.jpg

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
I'm waiting for someone to adapt a similar bracket with the existing exterior mounting points on the JLs (but with a much more minimal "trail" mirror). Most of what I've read is that the hinge mounted mirrors move too much at highway speeds.

J103353_alt1?$mproductlarge$&wid=810&hei=608.jpg

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Anyone find a good mirror option yet? All of the ones I’ve seen fit in the hinges and get terrible reviews

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah those are high, how are the ones you got working out?
They work ok.... They do shake, but never seem to move out of position. My biggest complaint is probably having to re-adjust them every time you remove them. If you are alone this can be very frustrating, as I probably jumped in/out of the Jeep 15x the first time to get them in the right position.
I would love the CMM option, but anything over $100 for a set of temporary mirrors is too much for me. I wish they would offer a stripped down version without all the attachment "balls" for less.

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

The last post on this forum was about two months ago, has anyone found any other product that works? I have a pair that fit into the door pins from my JK, I will give them a try and hopefully they will fit, but like everyone else seems to be experiencing, at highway speeds they wobble like crazy and/or fold in, making them utterly useless for anything other than massing muster if your state requires one or two side view mirrors. I'm hoping some enterprising engineer will figure out something better, to me I don't see how they can attach to the pillar without drilling.

Smudgynut

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
These just showed up on quadratec site. Anyone have experience with a mirror like this on previous Jeeps?

F6DFB6A1-4FEC-433F-A670-F572C26416E9.png

trailcat

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
I used a similar mirror from Harley on my JK (I know I kept them just can’t find them) and the stem height was perfect with a black nylon washer on top and bottom to secure it tight.

2F4A01EE-C90B-4627-8438-68DFFC2F362A.jpeg
Really like the way they look.. do you have any link for these?

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I never used mirrors on my old YJ so have zero experience in this area.
Sponsored