Sponsored

Door Issue

WranglerGenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
So putting the doors back on today and notice that the top portion drops in, but the bottom doesnt. Any particular way to fix this or adjustment of the door angle?

IMG_0021.jpg
Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you mount a foot rest in the lower hinge when the doors were off?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I've had that happen before. It's definitely taking the door back out and trying to get a better angle on it. You'll get it.

Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
the two frame bolts?
Whoa there! First see if the inserts in the hinge is not centered. The foot peg may have tilted it a bit. And are you certain that it’s not the top one? If you put mirrors in the top hole that could be where it’s askew.

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Jpeggz will do this. Don't know if they fixes it, but they will do this to your hinges every time. I sold mine, even after posting about it on here. They sold. I ended up fabricating my own solution for permanent doors off mirrors. The Jpeggz will continue to destroy your hinges even more over time. Stop using them now.

Edit**** Foot pegs basic ones at least from Amazon will not do this.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Jpeggz will do this. Don't know if they fixes it, but they will do this to your hinges every time. I sold mine, even after posting about it on here. They sold. I ended up fabricating my own solution for permanent doors off mirrors. The Jpeggz will continue to destroy your hinges even more over time. Stop using them now.

Edit**** Foot pegs basic ones at least from Amazon will not do this.
Probably this ^^^

Sponsored

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
the two frame bolts?
Regular hinge foot pegs will not change the geometry of the hinges. I've used them for over a year and my hinges have not moved. Stop using the Jpeggz take them off and realign your hinges now - you might need some help and the proper hand tools to do this, but if shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Ateam1

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB 2018 JLU SAHARA
So putting the doors back on today and notice that the top portion drops in, but the bottom doesnt. Any particular way to fix this or adjustment of the door angle?

Jeep Wrangler JL Door Issue IMG_0021
Wish i found this sooner, haf to adjust my hinges 2 xs already. May sell my jpeggz

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Wish i found this sooner, haf to adjust my hinges 2 xs already. May sell my jpeggz
This is the perfect picture showing exactly what the Jpeggz do to your hinges. Thank you for sharing.

Gonna say it one last time just to make sure everyone who has these issues can find this answer.

The Jpeggz will take your hinges off alignment (when you screw them on!!! - not when they sit in the hinges). Your hinges/nuts/bolts will get torn up if you keep using this product and realigning it - you have the biggest potential to ruin the paint on your hinges adding more issues down the line.

Take off your Jpeggz - align your hinges back to factory spec - and STOP using those JPEGGZ

Good luck Jeepers!
Sponsored