Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
Man those things are expensive!!!!!!!!
If you used the link provided, those are Canadian prices. Check the top right hand corner of the page.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
That's a little better. Those poor Canadians get screwed on all the good stuff. My friend is envious of how cheap I can go pick up a guitar for.

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I was hoping they did. When looking at mine, they look different (JK vs. JL). Looks like jeep put two halves in. My JK only had the lip at the top...this one looks like if I chip the top ring off, I won't be able to punch it out from the bottom. Did you notice anything like this? I put a pic of mine so you see what I am talking about.

door hinge.jpg
There is a small retainer clip at the bottom. Just like your pic. My guess to have the bottom bolt screw against. I just pulled them. I dont put bolts back in

Once the bottom retainer clip is out. You can bang them up and out

Sponsored

Meatwad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
anyone know if these guys would be interest in a group buy? I imagine we could get a decent number of folks interested and get the price point below $50

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
tim and mike (TMR) are great guys to deal with. i bought two sets years ago for my TJ's. great product, and they stand behind their products 100%.
it's the first thing i'm going to change once i get possession of my JLR. and they make more than just these bushings...

suchacrisis

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silverado
Do I need anything special to take the old ones out? Or can I just use a flat head and some wiggling and be good?

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Do I need anything special to take the old ones out? Or can I just use a flat head and some wiggling and be good?
I used a socket (3/8 inch?) years back to pop out my JK bushings. Simply stick the socket in from the bottom and "tap" then out with a hammer or mallet

JEEPN X 4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I never had to replace my door hinge bushings on my JK even with salt spray from the roads in the winter. If you regularly grease them, they will hold up for quite a long time. I always just blasted the door pins and hinges with white lithium spray grease a couple times a year. The doors go on and off easier with regular greasing, too.

Sponsored

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I just replaced mine with the TMR delrins yesterday. Just some observations for others that may want to do this.

I found that there was no bottom clip on mine, but the bushings are one piece. I could not get them out easily because of the lip on both ends.

So, I used a hammer and a punch to bend in the lip on the top, and then used the handy removal tool to bang them down and out the bottom. Pic below, but you can see it's a single piece and had to destroy them to get them out.

But I'm satisfied and as previously mentioned the TMR JK bushings fit the JL perfectly.

IMG_2022.png

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Are you able to reinstall the bottom screw of the hinge once the derlin bushings are installed?

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Weird mine has a retainer on the bottom that is a seperate part. Went up smoothly.

Yes you can reinstall bottom screw after. But I just leave them out

20180909_142828.jpg
Sponsored