Door hinge bushings

MI Jeep

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Just took the doors off my JLUR for the first time and I was hoping FCA upgraded the door hinge bushings from the JK. They appears to be the same as the JK. These bushings only lasted a couple years before they corroded and made it impossible to remove the doors after a couple of MI winters. I will most likely be switching them out for some Delrin replacements, unless someone else has a better solution. Loving the JLUR, top down, doors off and bumper stubbied.
Sponsored

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Are the JK delrin bushing the same for the JL.

Been wanting to put some in but hesitant to buy them if they are different

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Are the JK delrin bushing the same for the JL.

Been wanting to put some in but hesitant to buy them if they are different
My concern exactly, I replaced my JK bushings with derlin ones and replacing my JL bushings with the same was/is one of my priorities but am waiting to hear that they are available for the JL.

Last edited:

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
im going to bring out the Caliper today and measure the JL hinges and Door pin and compare it to my buddies JK. See if they are the same.

Will post back in they are same or different

Sponsored

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
From what I can tell using the Caliper is the bottom bolt that is removed is the exact same diamter size as the JK. the lower part of the hinge is the exact same height. The Door pin is the same length.

I just couldnt compare the hinge diameter on the JL as it has the stock bushing in place still.

Reactions: KDB

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
who is TMR??

are these bushings part numbered? I can ask my buddy at local store to check. Note I dont have my wrangler yet.

Reactions: KDB

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Well the test Delrins TMR sent fit perfectly.

Just letting everyone know

20180828_190322.jpg
Perfect! Thanks for the update as well, appreciate the follow up

Based on my experience with my JK I will be doing this update sooner rather than later, they can be a bitch to remove once they’ve been in a few years, especially once they started to break down and degrade.

Thanks again and happy jeeping!

Sponsored

sirryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I was hoping they did. When looking at mine, they look different (JK vs. JL). Looks like jeep put two halves in. My JK only had the lip at the top...this one looks like if I chip the top ring off, I won't be able to punch it out from the bottom. Did you notice anything like this? I put a pic of mine so you see what I am talking about.

door hinge.jpg

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
First Jeep, so I am unfamiliar with this issue. I can see going through Michigan winters being a problem but what about living in the south? Should everyone just replace these? I plan on taking my doors off as much as possible as long as I own the Jeep. I guess my question is if I live in Atlanta are these bushings necessary or are they more of a snow/salt/ice climate thing?

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
First Jeep, so I am unfamiliar with this issue. I can see going through Michigan winters being a problem but what about living in the south? Should everyone just replace these? I plan on taking my doors off as much as possible as long as I own the Jeep. I guess my question is if I live in Atlanta are these bushings necessary or are they more of a snow/salt/ice climate thing?
they wear out period

I lived in Phoenix for 4 years with my JK and my 2 door bushings wore out in that time. I was removing my doors daily/weekly as well so that could have been a factor. Perhaps if you never remove your doors this may be moot but I have heard others state that simply opening and closing doors with worm out bushings has caused issues. I would suggest that all replace sooner rather than later,. It would have been nice if FCA installed Derlin bushings from the factory but it is what it is at this point.
Sponsored