First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Anyone know how to disable Android Auto from automatically starting?

I only use it when I want GPS on the screen but aside from that, it makes the screen slow and phone slow. I hate it.

Some times I just want to charge. Here's the weird thing. If I turn android auto OFF, charging basically becomes useless. If I keep android auto on, then it pushes enough power for my Galaxy S10 to charge properly. I cant figure a way around this other than using the plug in power with the brick in the back seat.
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Not sure which one, but I believe one of the two USB ports in the back of the console is charge only, and won’t start the app.

OP
OP

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Not sure which one, but I believe one of the two USB ports in the back of the console is charge only, and won’t start the app.
OMG really? Im going to try this, thank you!

I have it plugged in #2 (I think thats what its labeled) inside the armrest where the cable peeps out of the little hole. Always starts android auto. Im cool with AA when Im on long trips with GPS but for daily driving I just need charging.

Thanks, will try!

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR

I only use it when I want GPS on the screen but aside from that, it makes the screen slow and phone slow. I hate it.

Some times I just want to charge. Here's the weird thing. If I turn android auto OFF, charging basically becomes useless. If I keep android auto on, then it pushes enough power for my Galaxy S10 to charge properly. I cant figure a way around this other than using the plug in power with the brick in the back seat.
I believe on the uconnect side you can turn off "Projection" in the phone settings. I think at that point it should act just like a regular bluetooth device.

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase

When I plug my Pixel in my 8.4 unit only shows the Android Auto logo in bottom right corner. It does not start until I click on the icon, otherwise it just sits there and charges. My head unit screen is never slow. I am running a Pixel 2XL w/ Android 10

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I use the cigarette lighter receptacle to charge my galaxy s10+, when I don't want android auto to kick in.
Sponsored