Sponsored

Device was not found

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I am trying to update my tazer with the latest version and it's my first time doing it. I connected it to my computer, downloaded the program, and tried hitting update device. However, in the Z automotive device discovery, it says device was not found. What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored

OP
OP

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
When it's connected, it flashes 4 green lights, waits a few seconds, then does it again.

TMac99

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
You may have to manually select the correct Com port if the device is not found automatically. You should see the field to do that in the lower half of the Device Discovery dialog (assuming you are using the PC version of Auto Programming Utility). If you are using the MAC version, you will see the field to select the right connection on the main startup screen.

OP
OP

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
You may have to manually select the correct Com port if the device is not found automatically. You should se the field to do that in the lower half of the Device Discovery dialog (assuming you are using the PC version of Auto Programming Utility). If you are using the MAC version, you will see the field to select the right connection on the main startup screen.
I tried that with no luck either

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@MojitoJLUR

Are you using a Mac or PC. If a Mac then do find a PC and use that for the firmware upgrade.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MojitoJLUR

Are you using the USB cable that came with the Tazer JL ?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm using a USB cable with the same end from a portable hard drive.
Use tha USB Cable that came with the Tazer JL. See if it makes a difference.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My windows 10 computer is unable to find the device too. I've tried 4 different cables and different usb ports. nothing works. :(

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issue while using a random 2' USB cable. I tried all USB ports on my laptop, but the Tazer could not be found.

After switching to a different (10") USB cable, it was found immediately. I dunno if this is the cable that came with the Tazer or not... but it worked just great.

With that, I got my Tazer Mini updated to 11.2.4 using ZPU 1.6 on a 2013 Macbook Pro running MacOS 10.15.7.

Tarheel.07

First Name
Joedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited - Altitude
I am trying to update my tazer with the latest version and it's my first time doing it. I connected it to my computer, downloaded the program, and tried hitting update device. However, in the Z automotive device discovery, it says device was not found. What am I doing wrong?

I just ran into this myself. You have to use the cable that came with it. The cable they provide is a USB to a serial port converter. You can check if you have the right cable by opening the "Windows Device Manager". If you are on a mac it under devices. I attached an image of where to find it and what you should see if you have the right cable. The "USB Serial Port" port number is not important as it can be anything from 1-6. With the cable disconnected, you should not see any com ports at all on a newer PC. Once you connect the USB cable you should see a new "USB Serial Port (COM3) in my case show up. I attached an image with what you should see here as well. I hope this helps. They really need to color the cable something other than black so it's not so easy to mix with other USB cables. I have a box of about 50 cables and I was halfway in before I found it. And I even labeled it myself and forgot, so it got put in the box with the other cables by accident. Note: It does not work as a normal USB cable so don't try to use it for other devices with the same size (mini-USB) connector port. You could damage them by accident.

Com Port - WIN10.jpg

Windows 10 - Device Manager.jpg

Show hidden devices.jpg
Sponsored