First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase
178D7515-BEF3-4083-AC8A-194884BBECF6.jpeg
So recently I looked to run the light show from the steering wheel, and it tells me “Key Not On” and won’t go further into the Tazer options. Is this a “my Jeep thing” or is this a Tazer thing needing a reprogramming?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@GreenMachine

Kinda hard to explain but that "Key Not ON" is something we all see if you go to run the Light Show if you have ignition to accessory rather then run.. Set ignition to RUN and toggle the Light Show.

Also, you do know that you can trigger the Light Show with the fob: unlock-unlock-lock-unlock

OP
OP
greenJLmachine

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@GreenMachine

Kinda hard to explain but that "Key Not ON" is something we all see if you go to run the Light Show if you have ignition to accessory rather then run.. Set ignition to RUN and toggle the Light Show.

Also, you do know that you can trigger the Light Show with the fob: unlock-unlock-lock-unlock

Thanks, but I’ve tried that and it is the same! It says it in any key “position”, so I’m a bit lost. It wasn’t doing this previously.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@GreenMachine
You can trigger Light Show from accessory position but will see that message. Even then you can get the Light Show going..

If you attempt again, do try from Run position.

If you still have issues contact Z and they will walk you through it.

OP
OP
greenJLmachine

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@GreenMachine
You can trigger Light Show from accessory position but will see that message. Even then you can get the Light Show going..

If you attempt again, do try from Run position.

If you still have issues contact Z and they will walk you through it.
Yeah, that’s how it was working previously. I’ll see what they have to say. I’ve tried them all, running and not running.

Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
same issue. My pedal commander glitches and jacked up my wrangler. Everything is back to normal except for my tazer. Key not on. But I have keyless ignition

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
same issue. My pedal commander glitches and jacked up my wrangler. Everything is back to normal except for my tazer. Key not on. But I have keyless ignition
@Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

IF your Pedal Commander "glitches and jacked up my wrangler", it is because you tried to do a PC, Mode change while actively driving the JL.

You did a mode change while driving and that caused the JL to immediately, go into "limp mode".
Sure, this will cause you angst, but it is an issue that is easily remedied.

You learned a lesson though..... FROM NOW ON, come to a full stop and with engine running and your foot off the gas pedal make the mode change with your Pedal Commander.... and then start driving..

I'm very familiar with Pedal Commander use on JL's and with the use of the Tazer JL on the JL.

Also, have run both the PC and Tazer JL on a JL for thousands of miles. YES, like you screwed up once, but never screwed up again in regard to the PC.

I'm not guessing here in what I spew.....

So, user error and easily avoided in the future......

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
@Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

IF your Pedal Commander "glitches and jacked up my wrangler", it is because you tried to do a PC, Mode change while actively driving the JL.

You did a mode change while driving and that caused the JL to immediately, go into "limp mode".
Sure, this will cause you angst, but it is an issue that is easily remedied.

You learned a lesson though..... FROM NOW ON, come to a full stop and with engine running and your foot off the gas pedal make the mode change with your Pedal Commander.... and then start driving..

I'm very familiar with Pedal Commander use on JL's and with the use of the Tazer JL on the JL.

Also, have run both the PC and Tazer JL on a JL for thousands of miles. YES, like you screwed up once, but never screwed up again in regard to the PC.

I'm not guessing here in what I spew.....

So, user error and easily avoided in the future......
Correct. I had changed modes many times before while rolling and no throttle input. Never had that issue before. Yeah lesson learned. I also think maybe I just forgot how to use the buttons to activate my pages on the dash. I was pushing eight button and cancel, not left and cancel. I thought I needed to wait until I did a firmware recovery. I didn't even think to check if I was doing it correct. Long story short. Didnt use the features for my week long trip, then got home, did a firmware update AND THEN realized I was probably trying to use the controls wrong. Ugh. Oh well.
Sponsored