Device was not found

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can you buy this cable? I tried 6 or 7 that I had in my storage. None worked. No idea what happened to the original.
Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
ugh, just went through all my cables again. Still can't get this to work. I'm sure I've thrown out the original cable.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I just tried with the original cable. Initially it powered up but now nothing. Can’t find the port when trying to update. I’v handled this cable and Tazer gently on only two occasions. Is it broken already?

Update, bad cable. I remarried the Tazer to the Jeep and it works just fine

Last edited:
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2001 TJ Sport
I just ran into this myself. You have to use the cable that came with it. The cable they provide is a USB to a serial port converter. You can check if you have the right cable by opening the "Windows Device Manager". If you are on a mac it under devices. I attached an image of where to find it and what you should see if you have the right cable. The "USB Serial Port" port number is not important as it can be anything from 1-6. With the cable disconnected, you should not see any com ports at all on a newer PC. Once you connect the USB cable you should see a new "USB Serial Port (COM3) in my case show up. I attached an image with what you should see here as well. I hope this helps. They really need to color the cable something other than black so it's not so easy to mix with other USB cables. I have a box of about 50 cables and I was halfway in before I found it. And I even labeled it myself and forgot, so it got put in the box with the other cables by accident. Note: It does not work as a normal USB cable so don't try to use it for other devices with the same size (mini-USB) connector port. You could damage them by accident.

Com Port - WIN10.jpg

Windows 10 - Device Manager.jpg

Show hidden devices.jpg
I was having the same problem, and Tarheel.07 saved the day! Went through 5 USB ports and now all working perfect. Thanks again.

naamang

First Name
Naaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 - Extreme Recon
It must be a USB A to mini-B 5pin cable.
UPC 844660038962
Sponsored