Sponsored

Detailing!!!!!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Porter Cable Random Orbital like Ruby VT stated. Often if scratches, particularly in clear coat are fine enough you can get away with an aggressive polish, glaze then wax. Funny thing is my 2 dr doesn’t have a heck of a lot of room to run the orbiter. It’s a perfect size to detail by hand.
I found this to be true also.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
In what world is spending $20 on a bottle of high quality wax like Colinite 845 too expensive? It lasts for years. Not to mention there's spray bottles for $10 that are nearly as good.
The Souveran and Zymol Titanium - $100 a bottle. Plus professional ceramic coating with all the prep work and materials it costs hundreds of dollars.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I treat ANY new vehicle as an investment and I take good care of my investments
Economics 101 - things that go up in value are investments those that go down are tools. Yes you keep your tools clean but you don't spend as much maintaining them over their lifetime as the original cost. Even with a house (most times an investment) you don't spend tens of thousands with overpriced maintenance versus reasonable priced maintenance just to sell it in the average owned time of 7 years.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
The Souveran and Zymol Titanium - $100 a bottle. Plus professional ceramic coating with all the prep work and materials it costs hundreds of dollars.
No one says you have to spend what I do. Meguire’s, Turtle Wax etc make very good cleaning products inexpensively.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Economics 101 - things that go up in value are investments those that go down are tools. Yes you keep your tools clean but you don't spend as much maintaining them over their lifetime as the original cost. Even with a house (most times an investment) you don't spend tens of thousands with overpriced maintenance versus reasonable priced maintenance just to sell it in the average owned time of 7 years.
I think your confusing Economics with personal preference. While a vehicle begins depreciating immediately after purchase there is a personal investment component on taking care of what you’ve spent quite a bit of money on. Similarly, the same goes with food. Sure I can feed myself with an inexpensive burger but having a perfectly cooked T-bone steak at a great restaurant sure is nice

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Nothing lasts for years especially for $25.
I totally agree that nothing last for years not even professionally applied ceramic. But i think what he meant was a 16oz bottle of Klasse (20 bucks on Amazon) (which I use and love the product) You can use 4 times a year and get several years out of one bottle.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Nothing lasts for years especially for $25.
Considering you completely missed the point I'm going to assume you have little experience detailing. A 16 oz bottle would last me 4-5 years applied every fall and spring.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Considering you completely missed the point I'm going to assume you have little experience detailing. A 16 oz bottle would last me 4-5 years applied every fall and spring.
I did not understand. And I do polish and wax my vehicles with reasonable cost materials but some on here are talking about hundreds of dollars which was what I was talking about. So some are missing my point.

Sponsored

Micbus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I’m kind of a mini detailer but i do follow a 5 step wash method. As for protection and detail I use a pressure washer, foam cannon, for a detail I wash with chemical guys clean slate, then chemical decontamination to remove iron particles, etc then manual with a clay bar. Then compound of if needed, then polish. Finish with 845 wax which is awesome wax for 20 bucks. Today I’m putting ceramic on the rubicon. Carpro UK 3.0. Figure I’d see how the ceramic runs on the Jeep.

CMU JEEP MONSTER

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Business Development
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful day here in Vermont so thought to detail the new Rubi. Having a detail business when I was younger gave me the idea to see if some of the old products I used were still viable. I am a big fan of Einszett, Klasse, Pinnacle and of course Zymol. The below pics were using Klasse’s Synthetic Sealant Glaze( for newer vehicles). This is a very watery sealant which is so easy to apply and take off you’ll get through your Jeep in no time.

upload_2020-4-25_13-34-28.jpeg

View attachment 311825

I often toggle between synthetics and carnauba most often applying the synthetic a few times then layering with carnauba which really makes the paint look wet. Going to order Zymol Titanium which is applied with your hands. The Titanium version is meant for SUV’s and Trucks. Love a clean ride!!!

upload_2020-4-25_13-33-52.jpeg
Thank you for sharing your product experience. For my wash, I use Chemical Guys Wash & Gloss. After the wash, I will use a clay bar to give it that smooth feel. I just started to use Meguires Hybrid Ceramic Wax. I was very impressed on how it turned out. For the my tires, I use Mequires Hot Rims Wheel & Tire Cleaner. Always nice to keep your Rig Shiny!

IMG_7009.jpg

IMG_7010.jpg

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_7006.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Looks great. I am also a Detailer weekend warrior and love detailing even if it is a tool I still take care of my stuff. I like to see what other product folks use. Products for detailing are like tires, lifts and all other parts. People get set on and find their favorite brands. My products of choice are Menzerna, Collinite, Car Pro, Wolfgang, Pinnacle and love me some Invisible Glass aerosol. Not a fan of Chemical guys. I think they are big marketing and did a great job with their branding and getting it in peoples hands but find they just don’t hold up to the competition. That’s just me IMO.

On the topic of investment, totally agree a car is not. However a well maintained and detailed car all other things staying the exact same will be worth more that the not so much car. Same with a house.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Thank you for sharing your product experience. For my wash, I use Chemical Guys Wash & Gloss. After the wash, I will use a clay bar to give it that smooth feel. I just started to use Meguires Hybrid Ceramic Wax. I was very impressed on how it turned out. For the my tires, I use Mequires Hot Rims Wheel & Tire Cleaner. Always nice to keep your Rig Shiny!

IMG_7009.jpg

IMG_7010.jpg

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_7006.jpg
Beautiful detailing job! I haven’t tried the Meguires Hybrid ceramic yet. I assume it’s a simple spray on/ wipe off? The reason I use the Klasse is it does not whiten or dry out the rubber seals around the trim on windows, door handles etc. I neglected to mention that I use Pinnacle Vinyl and Rubber Protectant on my bumpers and fender flares. This product doesn’t give a wet shine but lasts a long time and has more of the “ factory look”. One thing I always do first after washing is saturate a Q-tip with the Pinnacle and go around all rubber seals on my Jeep( I know I’m nuts) . Thanks for all the replies.. love hearing what everyone uses on their Jeeps.

CMU JEEP MONSTER

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Business Development
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful detailing job! I haven’t tried the Meguires Hybrid ceramic yet. I assume it’s a simple spray on/ wipe off? The reason I use the Klasse is it does not whiten or dry out the rubber seals around the trim on windows, door handles etc. I neglected to mention that I use Pinnacle Vinyl and Rubber Protectant on my bumpers and fender flares. This product doesn’t give a wet shine but lasts a long time and has more of the “ factory look”. One thing I always do first after washing is saturate a Q-tip with the Pinnacle and go around all rubber seals on my Jeep( I know I’m nuts) . Thanks for all the replies.. love hearing what everyone uses on their Jeeps.
Thank you for your comments and sharing your products. I love to hear what others are using and most importantly, do they work. Yes, the Mequires Hybrid ceramic is a spray on, rise off. You will have to check out the YouTube on this product, pretty cool. Have a great day!
Sponsored