Sponsored

Detailing!!!!!

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Beautiful day here in Vermont so thought to detail the new Rubi. Having a detail business when I was younger gave me the idea to see if some of the old products I used were still viable. I am a big fan of Einszett, Klasse, Pinnacle and of course Zymol. The below pics were using Klasse’s Synthetic Sealant Glaze( for newer vehicles). This is a very watery sealant which is so easy to apply and take off you’ll get through your Jeep in no time.

upload_2020-4-25_13-34-28.jpeg

View attachment 311825

I often toggle between synthetics and carnauba most often applying the synthetic a few times then layering with carnauba which really makes the paint look wet. Going to order Zymol Titanium which is applied with your hands. The Titanium version is meant for SUV’s and Trucks. Love a clean ride!!!

upload_2020-4-25_13-33-52.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Put Pinnacle Souveran on top of that sealant and it’ll pop. Extra work, but it’s hard to beat the deep wet look of Souveran.

Given the products you like, I bet you’ll love Blackfire products too if you’re not already familiar with them.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Put Pinnacle Souveran on top of that sealant and it’ll pop. Extra work, but it’s hard to beat the deep wet look of Souveran.

Given the products you like, I bet you’ll love Blackfire products too if you’re not already familiar with them.
Souveran is on of my favorite . Haven’t tried Blackfire yet. I’ve always had a bent towards European detailing products. I also need to order the lens protector I used to have. Forgot the name but it’s aerospace grade.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
All far too expensive for my pocket book. Do they prevent scrapes to the paint or cover them when 4 wheeling? You know there are some 4 wheelers that think it is a disgrace to wash the mud off a Jeep let alone spend hundreds and thousands on ceramic coatings and detailing.

Pumping4Jane

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
All far too expensive for my pocket book. Do they prevent scrapes to the paint or cover them when 4 wheeling? You know there are some 4 wheelers that think it is a disgrace to wash the mud off a Jeep let alone spend hundreds and thousands on ceramic coatings and detailing.
Nothing wrong with wanting a clean ride.

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Beautiful day here in Vermont so thought to detail the new Rubi. Having a detail business when I was younger gave me the idea to see if some of the old products I used were still viable. I am a big fan of Einszett, Klasse, Pinnacle and of course Zymol. The below pics were using Klasse’s Synthetic Sealant Glaze( for newer vehicles). This is a very watery sealant which is so easy to apply and take off you’ll get through your Jeep in no time.

View attachment 311825

I often toggle between synthetics and carnauba most often applying the synthetic a few times then layering with carnauba which really makes the paint look wet. Going to order Zymol Titanium which is applied with your hands. The Titanium version is meant for SUV’s and Trucks. Love a clean ride!!!

So I've got a fair amount of mostly clearcoat scratches, not deep enough to catch fingernail.. what would you recommend for those? Was thinking of trying Meguiar's Ultra Polishing Wax and a rotary polisher. The side mirrors & black hardtop are pretty rashed also.

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So I've got a fair amount of mostly clearcoat scratches, not deep enough to catch fingernail.. what would you recommend for those? Was thinking of trying Meguiar's Ultra Polishing Wax and a rotary polisher. The side mirrors & black hardtop are pretty rashed also.
I would stay away from a rotary polisher unless you REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Very easy to press too hard or linger too long and BURN THE PAINT. Get a random orbiter (torq or porter cable), they are much safer and very easy to use. couple ways to go about removing light surface scratches. Most people just wax over them (cover them up). If you want them out then a light polishing compound. There are lots of good ones. I use the stuff from chemical guys. Try their VSS scratch and swirl remover. The deeper the scratch the heavier the "compound" you need to start with. Then move to a finer and finer compound until all the scratches and haze are gone. Then wax. Chemical guys website also has lots of HOW TO videos. Check em out.

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

View attachment 311825

nice jeep ! Wallingford VT here.... Where are you located ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I would stay away from a rotary polisher unless you REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Very easy to press too hard or linger too long and BURN THE PAINT. Get a random orbiter (torq or porter cable), they are much safer and very easy to use. couple ways to go about removing light surface scratches. Most people just wax over them (cover them up). If you want them out then a light polishing compound. There are lots of good ones. I use the stuff from chemical guys. Try their VSS scratch and swirl remover. The deeper the scratch the heavier the "compound" you need to start with. Then move to a finer and finer compound until all the scratches and haze are gone. Then wax. Chemical guys website also has lots of HOW TO videos. Check em out.
Porter Cable Random Orbital like Ruby VT stated. Often if scratches, particularly in clear coat are fine enough you can get away with an aggressive polish, glaze then wax. Funny thing is my 2 dr doesn’t have a heck of a lot of room to run the orbiter. It’s a perfect size to detail by hand.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Porter Cable Random Orbital like Ruby VT stated. Often if scratches, particularly in clear coat are fine enough you can get away with an aggressive polish, glaze then wax. Funny thing is my 2 dr doesn’t have a heck of a lot of room to run the orbiter. It’s a perfect size to detail by hand.
What wax/ceramic spray would you use afterwards to help fend off more scratches?

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What wax/ceramic spray would you use afterwards to help fend off more scratches?
Waxes and coatings are only mildly helpful for fending off scratches. Honestly nothing beat Paint Protection Film (I have XPEL Ultimate on a few of my vehicles) but thats a topic for a different thread. If you want a spray on Ceramic, we are talking 30 bucks a bottle, spray on wipe off - not the $1500 professionally applied stuff. I have used Griots Ceramic, TLC version 2 and Exoforma. Of the 3 I would lean towards the Exoforma. Good company, solid products and seems to be holding up well. Prep is a big part of ceramic performance. Everybody wants a quick solution and they skip the hard part! Car should be washed with a wax/polish stripper (i like Chemicals Guys Clean Slate surface cleaner) then you really should do some paint correction with at least a polishing compound before you do the ceramic coat.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
In what world is spending $20 on a bottle of high quality wax like Colinite 845 too expensive? It lasts for years. Not to mention there's spray bottles for $10 that are nearly as good.
I treat ANY new vehicle as an investment and I take good care of my investments
Sponsored