Riderkjo

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport, 16 Crosstrek
Vehicle Showcase
Not a tech, just a car guy who hates to pay someone to do something I can figure out on my own, I was a dealer many many years ago, now I buy and sell on an infrequent basis, at times I buy and hold.
I assume what you are getting at is that when you bought this jeep you traded something in, most likely that car is long gone, tell the guy you didnt want that car anyway thats why you traded it in, I think if you approach him in a "lets turn a bad situation" into a good one he may be willing to step up on valuing the jeep on trade or better yet maybe ask him to throw you an extended warranty on the whole vehicle, cost on them is around $700 so all in all not a big hit for them, not a bad deal for you either.
In six months your going to look back and laugh at this whole situation, I hope!
Exactly, she was tired of the car and wanted a Jeep. The sale happened on April 25, so I'm sure the car is long gone. I already purchased the extended warranty, but I'm sure we can convince him to throw us a hitch and wiring harness package. I'll install it, the installation instructions I've found tell me that it's a 3 beer job, 4 at most.
My plan is to "make a bad situation better", but my wife prefers violence and throwing chairs. Both have gotten similar results.
Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly, she was tired of the car and wanted a Jeep. The sale happened on April 25, so I'm sure the car is long gone. I already purchased the extended warranty, but I'm sure we can convince him to throw us a hitch and wiring harness package. I'll install it, the installation instructions I've found tell me that it's a 3 beer job, 4 at most.
My plan is to "make a bad situation better", but my wife prefers violence and throwing chairs. Both have gotten similar results.
I think I like your wife's approach better!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I didn't know you could buy a car, any car, without AC anymore. Figured it would be about as optional as spark plugs these days.
You can find a lot more vehicles without spark plugs than you can find without a/c

Grimace-912

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon and 9 other bikes, trucks, cars :)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
:punch: Your wife's attitude rules ! I'm Italian so it works for me -- LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP

Riderkjo

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
6/1/2019... Still have yet to get a call from the dealership with any updates or letting me know that it is ready for pick up. We are now at stage 2 on my wife's anger... stage 3 is not too far :angry:
As Yngwie Malmsteen would say.. "You unleashed the #$%* fury!"

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
6/1/2019... Still have yet to get a call from the dealership with any updates or letting me know that it is ready for pick up. We are now at stage 2 on my wife's anger... stage 3 is not too far :angry:
As Yngwie Malmsteen would say.. "You unleashed the #$%* fury!"
I would drive to your dealership and demand to be taken to wherever your rig is to see the progress. Something don't smell right.

OP
OP

Riderkjo

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would drive to your dealership and demand to be taken to wherever your rig is to see the progress. Something don't smell right.
I don't know if it's even at the dealership, or where it is. I have a nagging feeling that something happened to the vehicle, like it was damaged during transport.
During the phone call with the GM, he told me that he had no idea there were any issues... Sounds like he's doing a poor job of running his dealership, just saying...

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I don't know if it's even at the dealership, or where it is. I have a nagging feeling that something happened to the vehicle, like it was damaged during transport.
During the phone call with the GM, he told me that he had no idea there were any issues... Sounds like he's doing a poor job of running his dealership, just saying...
I understand the job was contracted and subbed out. Someone from the dealer had to contract the work out and knows what is going on. Probably the sales manager or service manager? Not to go over the dealer, but for peace of mind, call Vintage Air yourself and ask if they are doing the work. Ask them what the hold up is.

Give the dealer one last chance and follow up with the General Manager Mon am. Tell him you want to know the exact status that morning before noon. If they blow that I'd write a letter to the owner or to whoever owns the dealer. Look up who the top guy is if it's a larger corporate owned store. Hopefully you and your wife took good notes and have something in writing from the dealership. I would explain the time line and provide as many facts as possible. Explain the lack of communication, professionalism and delays. Then CC EVERYONE from the bottom up that was involved including FCA. You will get a response. Hopefully a favorable response and resolution.

It's also not unreasonable to be compensated for the time you were without a vehicle. Don't recall if you are making payments? A month or two of payments for the time without your JL would be reasonable.

Here is a link to a Vintage Air in TX. Looks like it's 3 hours away from Houston in San Antonio. Not sure if that's where your Jl is but it's a start. Good luck with this.

https://www.vintageair.com

Last edited:
OP
OP

Riderkjo

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I understand the job was contracted and subbed out. Someone from the dealer had to contract the work out and know what is going on. Probably the sales manager or service manager? Not to go over the dealer, but for peace of mind, call Vintage Air yourself and ask if they are doing the work. Ask them what the hold up is.

Give the dealer one last chance and follow up with the General Manager Mon am. Tell him he you want to know the exact status that morning before noon. If they blow that I'd write a letter to the owner or to whoever owns the dealer. Look up who the top guy is if it's a larger corporate owned store. Hopefully you and your wife took good notes and have something in writing from the dealership. I would explain the time line and provide as many facts as possible. Explain the lack of communication, professionalism and delays. Then CC EVERYONE from the bottom up that was involved including FCA. You will get a response. Hopefully a favorable response and resolution.

It's also not unreasonable to be compensated for the time you were without a vehicle. Don't recall if you are making payments? A month or two of payments for the time without your JL would be reasonable.

Here is a link to a Vintage Air in TX. Looks like it's 3 hours away from Houston in San Antonio. Not sure if that's where your Jl is but it's a start. Good luck with this.

https://www.vintageair.com
My first payment is due this week so it's too late to work things out with the dealership. I just opened a case through Jeep Cares. I gave the GM three days to investigate and call me back and haven't heard from from him since Thursday morning, so that tells me that he's not concerned with fixing this.
We're absolutely going to demand a trailer hitch and wiring harness, and I don't think it would be unreasonable for them to take care of the first payment as well.
Not that I trust anyone there, but I was told that the shop is just outside of Houston in Pearland. I found a Vintage Air authorized distributor called Gear Jammin Classics LLC with a Pearland address, so that may be the shop. I planned on calling the San Antonio office on Monday.

My mum joked about reporting it stolen when I make the payment, I wonder if she's onto something?

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
it appears the owner of the dealership recently lost his $7.2m house in a fire, been there and it sucks big time.
Anyway if you go to https://www.baywaychryslerdodgejeepram.com/about-us/staff/ this shows the leadership trail, if it was me I would be digging deep to get to the owner, probably not the right time due to the fire so work on getting contact info on the COO or CFO, first thing is to get their home address via the property appraisers office, most of these guys have all contact in their wifes name, see what you can find and call, if you cant find a number for them see if you can find one for a neighbor, calling a neighbor really gets their attention. Had an issue with a major US bank, sent a letter to the home of the CEO, he obviously got the letter because in just a few days it was all resolved, no calls I just received a letter of apology along with the resolution.
I'm kind of a bulldog and don't have a problem pissing people off, guess its just my nature.
My current issue is going to be this radio BS in the Jeep I just paid a lot of money for.
FYI the owner also has a home in Colorado..
Sponsored