Whistling A/C

HungryKen

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
First off I just wanna say I love the JL so far and have no regrets of trading in my JK at all. That being said, today I noticed when I turned on my A/C to the number 2 setting it made a sort of constant whistling sound. It was working fine, just had to drown out the sound with some music. All of the other settings we’re fine, it was just on the number 2 power setting. I know it’s a Jeep and it’s gonna make noises but this one was new to me. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Also, average temps here in Houston and just over 200 miles on it.
Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
The blower motor is the culprit I think, as mine does it now and then when the fan is like 2 or 3.
It is ever so slight, but I can hear it if the radio isn't on.

OP
OP
HungryKen

HungryKen

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The blower motor is the culprit I think, as mine does it now and then when the fan is like 2 or 3.
It is ever so slight, but I can hear it if the radio isn't on.
Thanks for the reply. I don’t think it’s worth messing with it. Do you? Mine is the same very slight noise

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. I don’t think it’s worth messing with it. Do you? Mine is the same very slight noise
Sorry, was out of town.

No, it is not loud enough to worry about, and it sounds like the air movement itself, rather than bearings or something mechanical. So other than a small air leak in the system, it could just be design of the scroll or baffles in the ducts or blower. Especially since it only does it at around 2-3 on the fan, any higher or lower and it goes away.

Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't used AC yet but I hear the whistling noise when the air is on. It is almost like wind is coming through the vent. I mentioned it to my sales guy when I was picking it up and he said it was normal. Not bad enough to annoy me...yet

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
did not have this problem this past summer.

Since I live in Chicago and our temps have gone from -55 to 50 in less than a week ....who knows...maybe it will be 80 degrees next week followed by snow.

OP
OP
HungryKen

HungryKen

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First off I just wanna say I love the JL so far and have no regrets of trading in my JK at all. That being said, today I noticed when I turned on my A/C to the number 2 setting it made a sort of constant whistling sound. It was working fine, just had to drown out the sound with some music. All of the other settings we’re fine, it was just on the number 2 power setting. I know it’s a Jeep and it’s gonna make noises but this one was new to me. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Also, average temps here in Houston and just over 200 miles on it.
Thanks for all the input everyone.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Thanks for all the input everyone.
So did you decide to use my solution? :devil: My husband always tells me that I should turn the radio down every once in a while as listen to my vehicle! Never gonna happen babe :rock:

OP
OP
HungryKen

HungryKen

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So did you decide to use my solution? :devil: My husband always tells me that I should turn the radio down every once in a while as listen to my vehicle! Never gonna happen babe :rock:
Haha hell yeah im always jammin.
Sponsored