Dead Jeep. No Power

El-Jefes-Red-Rubi

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon
Went to use my JLUR tonight and it’s dead. Had to use the key to unlock. Proximity dead, fob doesn’t work. No interior lights, no dash, nadda.

jeep is a 3.6 automatic. All stock. Had ESS and main battery die about 6 months ago. Did the ESS delete, pulled fuse and negative cable. Installed new main battery. Jeeps been fine electrically since then except the one post I made recently where the lights went crazy all by itself in the middle of the night.

Any idea why it would just die? Didn’t drive the past two days but on Sunday the Battery was charging at 13.7 according to off road pages.

Any help is appreciated
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yeah. I noticed some similar things on other threads. Gremlins.

Sponsored

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
What's even more confusing here, is that HK1s is marked as being the OP, when El-Jefes-Red-Ruby is the real OP?

Hello, am I hallucinating? 😵💫🥴
If you make a post, and copy the profile picture with the "OP" on it, and set that as your profile picture, all your posts will look like you were the OP. Really don't know why people would want to do that but whatever!!!

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
2. left your key too close to the jeep, the car can somewhat find the key but not quite, keep draining the battery, use a metal box to store the key.
Is this really a thing? I keep my Jeep in the garage and the Fob is in it's holder the entire time and I've never had an issue.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Is this really a thing? I keep my Jeep in the garage and the Fob is in it's holder the entire time and I've never had an issue.
Your jeep and key aren't constantly searching/ connecting via a poor connection. It's like the fast drain on your cell phone when you have sporadic service. Either good connection or no connection are fine. It's the intermittent connection that can cause a drain.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Pull fuse cover and make sure all fuses and relays are pushed all the way in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
El-Jefes-Red-Rubi

El-Jefes-Red-Rubi

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon
OP
OP
El-Jefes-Red-Rubi

El-Jefes-Red-Rubi

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon
Update. Disconnected and charged the battery all day. When I disconnected the battery was at 4 V. As stated before I’m in a single battery configuration with the ESS battery disable infused 20 pulled.

after charging the battery all day, it’s up and running again. The following items are no longer available to me. Backup camera, automatic HVAC control, off-road pages, XM satellite.
I read one post that stated the car just needed to sit with power for an hour or two and all those things should come back. Does anybody have any experience with what I’m seeing ?

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
Your jeep and key aren't constantly searching/ connecting via a poor connection. It's like the fast drain on your cell phone when you have sporadic service. Either good connection or no connection are fine. It's the intermittent connection that can cause a drain.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dead Jeep. No Power 1678335394719

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Battery was at 4v? It won’t last long. Might as well get a new one, H7 group 94R.

Did you disable ESS after you took the aux battery out of the circuit?

OP
OP
El-Jefes-Red-Rubi

El-Jefes-Red-Rubi

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon
Battery was at 4v? It won’t last long. Might as well get a new one, H7 group 94R.

Did you disable ESS after you took the aux battery out of the circuit?
it is new. Something is draining it.

after charging the battery yesterday and getting the jeep to start, I went for a long drive hoping my system to come back online. They did not. I stopped by the service department at my local Jeep dealership and spoke to him what was going on. He wanted me to give it a full 24 hours to see if they updated and if not then to make an appointment to drop it off, he had mentioned the 8.4s sometimes go out and seeing that that’s the brain of the canbus system that’s where they wanna look at first.
Sponsored