Dash lighting control question

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Yep, someone posted above. I must have skipped over it on the paper copy.

PDFs on an iPad with a proper Pelican case is so much easier. :)
Also are you looking in the correct paper copy? The owners manual is different than the users guide, is about three times thicker, and must be requested from FCA.
Sponsored

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
I have a question regarding the right dimmer knob.

It seems like it goes from very dark to kind of medium brightness. Then when you click it to the first top position, it is on full brightness. It seems like thereā€™s a big jump between the two.

Is that normal operation?
Assuming you mean the dash lighting mine is the same way and it kind of sucks. It's basically just an on-off switch as it goes from VERY bright to VERY dim with no modulation.

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have a question regarding the right dimmer knob.

It seems like it goes from very dark to kind of medium brightness. Then when you click it to the first top position, it is on full brightness. It seems like thereā€™s a big jump between the two.

Is that normal operation?
My dash dimmer has ā€˜infiniteā€™ control and I can set it perfectly for my needs.

With my JLUR the position past the click is to turn the dash lights on bright for daytime use when you have your headlights on (e.g. when wipers are on). This also puts the nav screen into daytime colour scheme.

OP
OP
donmontalvo

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Also are you looking in the correct paper copy? The owners manual is different than the users guide, is about three times thicker, and must be requested from FCA.
Yes the PDF matches the paper copy. I should be ashamed, since I was born in 1961, before computers. LOL

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Assuming you mean the dash lighting mine is the same way and it kind of sucks. It's basically just an on-off switch as it goes from VERY bright to VERY dim with no modulation.
yes, the dash lights. this is what mine does as well. Which Jeep do you have?
Iā€™m in JLU Sport S

My dash dimmer has ā€˜infiniteā€™ control and I can set it perfectly for my needs.

With my JLUR the position past the click is to turn the dash lights on bright for daytime use when you have your headlights on (e.g. when wipers are on). This also puts the nav screen into daytime colour scheme.
maybe itā€™s an upgrade for the Rubicon! Lol.
Sponsored