First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Moab, ‘22 HighTide, ‘59 Chevy Apache, ‘32 Ford
Occupation
Custom painter/freelance artist
Ok, I apologize for what might be considered dumb questions, but I come from an era of when upgrades to a personal vehicle were no big deal...you didn’t need to have an addition “flashed” by dealer service Dept. in order to get it to work.
so...my new (to me) ‘18 Sahara has a broken 3rd brake light. I search eBay and all I can find are LED replacements, but based on what I’m reading, I don’t know if putting in an LED replacement light to replace my broken oem halogen light will cause issues.
its just a friking 3rd brake light, I can get an aftermarket LED replacement on eBay for less than $20 which will probably be brighter than the stock halogen, or I can get a MOPAR halogen for around $50.
do I have to spend the extra $30 or will an LED replacement from eBay or some other retailer be plug and play?
thanks for the help.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The vehicle has a canbus system that checks to see if a bulb is burned out to notify the user. Using an LED bulb in place of a halogen can cause hyperflashing. Look for an LED that is plug and play with canbus.