Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Curious if it's repurposing a HAM/Antenna mount like this: https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-006551. Like it because it doesn't impede the future possibility of putting down the windshield as I haven't found a cube mount that will allow this functionality.
That's what I'd like... something that allows to lower the windshield and also pivots the cubes. I like the Rigid side mounts, but not at close to $300 since there's currently a similar model being designed that allows for pivoting the lights. I believe many others would be interested. It's a pain in the ass to keep removing/re-mounting when you want to lower the windshield.

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I'd like... something that allows to lower the windshield and also pivots the cubes. I like the Rigid side mounts, but not at close to $300 since there's currently a similar model being designed that allows for pivoting the lights. I believe many others would be interested. It's a pain in the ass to keep removing/re-mounting when you want to lower the windshield.
Yeah. This is @Maximus-3 JLUR. Hoping they respond publicly to our questions on that mount!

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Ask and you shall receive. From @Maximus-3 : https://maximus-3.com/jl-bumper-accessories-/maximus-3-jl-cube-led-light-brackets

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That's some nice detective work... I've scoured the forum & I don't see anything on these...I'd like to know if anyone has these. I'm gonna give these a try; see if there's much vibration. If they don't work out... well, it's only $100.

Good looking out. I appreciate it.
Keep me posted! Also want to know if I can mount it under the cowling, closer to the a pillar vs down the hood. I have held off buying cube lights because the limiting mounting options but this might compel me to buy some. Please post your results.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Keep me posted! Also want to know if I can mount it under the cowling, closer to the a pillar vs down the hood. I have held off buying cube lights because the limiting mounting options but this might compel me to buy some. Please post your results.
I certainly will... I was also thinking closer to the windshield since they mount under the hood. I'm waiting to hear back to see if they offer a forum discount.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@voodoo11

So here's the finished product. They're only designed to mount under the hood fairly close to the cowl, but they're close enough to the windshield for me. They're designed to fit right in the bolt locations. They're sturdy and the rubber bumpers keep from making contact with and scratching the paint. I started her up, and there's no vibration. You can loop & secure the wiring to keep them tight to the bracket (I'll get around to that). I'm satisfied with these, and for under $90 they're great if you want the freedom of lowering the windshield without the hassle of disconnecting & removing cubes...that was my goal. When I get some darkness down here, I'll post some pics to show any glare bouncing off the hood. Thank you for bringing these to my attention, and my thanks to you as well, @Maximus-3

If you don't want the steel making direct contact with the paint, there's always 3M film for protection.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZYSXZJ/?coliid=I38HOPHUJNPPNK&colid=3VSS4SVDL19B1&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

maximus_001.jpg
maximus_002.jpg
maximus_003.jpg
maximus_004.jpg
maximus_005.jpg
maximus_006.jpg
maximus_007.jpg

Last edited:

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@voodoo11

So here's the finished product. They're only designed to mount under the hood fairly close to the cowl, but they're close enough to the windshield for me. They're designed to fit right in the bolt locations. They're sturdy and the rubber bumpers keep from making contact with and scratching the paint. I started her up, and there's no vibration. You can loop & secure the wiring to keep them tight to the bracket (I'll get around to that). I'm satisfied with these, and for under $90 they're great if you want the freedom of lowering the windshield without the hassle of disconnecting & removing cubes...that was my goal. When I get some darkness down here, I'll post some pics to show any glare bouncing off the hood. Thank you for bringing these to my attention, and
maximus_001.jpg
maximus_002.jpg
maximus_003.jpg
maximus_004.jpg
maximus_005.jpg
maximus_006.jpg
maximus_007.jpg
my thanks to you as well, @Maximus-3

If you don't want the steel making direct contact with the paint, there's always 3M film for protection.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZYSXZ...olid=3VSS4SVDL19B1&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Wow .Looks great .Have any profile pics from the side?

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running an Inspired Engineering 6-Cube Red Series (spot)... here's what it looks like in the cold, dark night. The cube is mounted as far left as it can go. My M3's a bit dusty... don't judge me. ;)

driver_001.jpg
driver_002.jpg
driver_003.jpg

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
@melendez69 ... thank you sir. Those pics helped.

Looks like the Ace mount places the cube the lowest of all the over the hood mounts. The Rough Country mount only raises it an 1/8" of so more, but moves it off to the side. The KC mount kicks the light up an inch or so and moves it off to the side like the Rough Country mount ... it's also a very sturdy mount which should not have vibration problems. The GoRhino single mount looks like it might kick it up a inch and a half or so ... but, again moves it off to the side. Very sturdy looking mount. Light on the hood from the GoRhino mount isn't that bad ... still, more than the Rough Country mount, which doesn't make sense unless you've got your lights aimed downward more.

Plan to visit the Rigid Industries facility on Monday to ask some questions. Maybe I can locate @campbellshotrods for some extra credit help. What do you think Josh?

Your pics show the top of the fender and the side of the hood lit up quite a bit from the side mounted light. Was that your impression in person? Those brackets look like they would be great with the cube (fog pattern) aimed outward at a 45 angle to increase side and cornering visibility.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@melendez69 ... thank you sir. Those pics helped.

Looks like the Ace mount places the cube the lowest of all the over the hood mounts. The Rough Country mount only raises it an 1/8" of so more, but moves it off to the side. The KC mount kicks the light up an inch or so and moves it off to the side like the Rough Country mount ... it's also a very sturdy mount which should not have vibration problems. The GoRhino single mount looks like it might kick it up a inch and a half or so ... but, again moves it off to the side. Very sturdy looking mount. Light on the hood from the GoRhino mount isn't that bad ... still, more than the Rough Country mount, which doesn't make sense unless you've got your lights aimed downward more.

Plan to visit the Rigid Industries facility on Monday to ask some questions. Maybe I can locate @campbellshotrods for some extra credit help. What do you think Josh?

Your pics show the top of the fender and the side of the hood lit up quite a bit from the side mounted light. Was that your impression in person? Those brackets look like they would be great with the cube (fog pattern) aimed outward at a 45 angle to increase side and cornering visibility.
I may have the lights angled slightly downward...I've been adjusting to find the right angle so I don't blind oncoming drivers before I can hit the switch off. The fender mount is lighting up the side of the hood...It's a spot and I plan to adjust the angle a bit, but I'm not sure it's the right pattern. don't need them facing forward since I have the Rigids up top. If it weren't raining down here that would've been my project for today.

It's great that you're near enough to visit the Rigid facility... I hope you get some good information there. Their dual side-mounted bracket is the one I'm waiting on...he's developing one that pivots the lights outwards. The model they have now is about $300, and I'm pretty sure anything newer would be about the same.