Sponsored

Dual LED cube mounting options?

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
Is anyone aware of LED cube mounts for the A pillar that allows for dual cubes AND the ability to swivel the cubes to the side rather than only pointing forward?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
texasbryan

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Artec has dual mounts for the A pillar but they don't swivel. http://www.artecindustries.com/JL_Dual_LED_Apillar
They have a bunch more products listed in their build thread as well.
Yes, I saw that too. I really need (want) the ability to swivel the lights slightly to the side since I will also have a light bar on the front bumper. I’m sure someone will make one at some point.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
If saw it why write a thread?

OP
OP
texasbryan

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If saw it why write a thread?
Well...because I am looking for one that allows the lights to swivel and that is not one of them. Is that tough to understand?

Sponsored

Pipebndr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1943 Ford GPW 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Automotive business owner, ASE Master Tech
If you can’t find what you are looking for, here is one idea. If the cube lights come with a mounting bracket, you can use two of them to make the top light swivel using Artec’s mount. Instead of mounting the light in Artec’s mount just install the bracket from the light flat side up. Install the second bracket on the light, flat side down. You may need to drill a hole in the center of the bracket to insert a 5/16 bolt. Place a nylon washer between the two brackets and secure with a nylon locking nut. By using a nylon lock nut you will be able to place tension on the pivot as needed.

CalicoJack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-7 Renegade, 2017 JKUR Hard Rock, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Paratrooper
This is one of those areas that manufacturers had years to come out for the JK, hopefully they will all speed the process up for the JL so we can have some options.

OP
OP
texasbryan

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can’t find what you are looking for, here is one idea. If the cube lights come with a mounting bracket, you can use two of them to make the top light swivel using Artec’s mount. Instead of mounting the light in Artec’s mount just install the bracket from the light flat side up. Install the second bracket on the light, flat side down. You may need to drill a hole in the center of the bracket to insert a 5/16 bolt. Place a nylon washer between the two brackets and secure with a nylon locking nut. By using a nylon lock nut you will be able to place tension on the pivot as needed.
Hmmm. Interesting idea. I'm hoping some aftermarket brackets will come out soon that allow for this function that will look simple and clean.
Sponsored