Sponsored

Cube mounting Light

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Have to give a shout out to the Rigid company. I called them yesterday morning ... punched the number for technical assistance. Jaclyn picked up the phone and listened to my concern. She sent an e-mail out to the rest her team asking for input on the spillover light. Her boss answered right after lunch ... went out and sat in his company truck to visualize my concern. I stopped by later in the afternoon and we went over his truck and my Jeep and talked about the lights and some possible fixes. He later introduced me to the engineer responsible for the side shooter lights ... and again, we talked about possible fixes. That they were willing to acknowledge my concern deserves a tip of the hat. Everyone I talked to was proud of their company and their product ... great experience.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
yes great custmer service, is important . I wish warn wouldhave acted this way when I expressed some concers over a part i had instead they just pushed my concerns aside and lost a customer in the process.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
My suggestion for those with bleed over is a simple one. I had a friend who did this and it works as long as the light dont get too hot. My Rigids seem to fit this bill.

- Go to Amazon and buy a 4x4 or bigger piece of black vinyl
- Cut out strips about 1/2 to 3/4 strips
- Clean the lights and apply the vinyl to the area causing the issue
- Use a hair dryer or heat gun to help the vinyl form to the inside of the light lens and trim the excess

Thay should block the bleed over and wont peel or hurt the light like electrical tape or duct tape.

Just and idea

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
My suggestion for those with bleed over is a simple one. I had a friend who did this and it works as long as the light dont get too hot. My Rigids seem to fit this bill.

- Go to Amazon and buy a 4x4 or bigger piece of black vinyl
- Cut out strips about 1/2 to 3/4 strips
- Clean the lights and apply the vinyl to the area causing the issue
- Use a hair dryer or heat gun to help the vinyl form to the inside of the light lens and trim the excess

Thay should block the bleed over and wont peel or hurt the light like electrical tape or duct tape.

Just and idea
The Rigid guys say the lens doesn't get that hot. And, your idea is a good one ... well, I think so at least ... I ordered some Matte Black 3M car wrap yesterday. I think that will be a good solution without looking out of place. Got to be better than my blue painter's tape. I intend to cut a piece about 2" x 1" and cover the entire side of the lens facing the vehicle.

Your write-up mentions "the inside of the light lens" ... hope you aren't trying to apply to the inside of the lens. If you open up the cube, that voids the warranty.

Sponsored

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
The Rigid guys say the lens doesn't get that hot. And, your idea is a good one ... well, I think so at least ... I ordered some Matte Black 3M car wrap yesterday. I think that will be a good solution without looking out of place. Got to be better than my blue painter's tape. I intend to cut a piece about 2" x 1" and cover the entire side of the lens facing the vehicle.

Your write-up mentions "the inside of the light lens" ... hope you aren't trying to apply to the inside of the lens. If you open up the cube, that voids the warranty.
Naw, by inside I meant the inner most edge causing the bleed over. Not the inside of the light housing.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Are the rigid side shooters sold as a pair for 199 or is it just 1 for 199.?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
That is a great price
It's a handsome pair of cubes... If I weren't already well over the ("legal") limit of auxiliary lighting allowed by the State of North Carolina, I'd have picked up a pair.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I just pulled the trigger on the inspired engineering lights BUt dam I forgot to ask for the member discount. In th ened it was the 6 light forward and 3 sides with 4100 lumens. and that was the same as amazon for the rigid with only 4 lights forward.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I just pulled the trigger on the inspired engineering lights BUt dam I forgot to ask for the member discount. In th ened it was the 6 light forward and 3 sides with 4100 lumens. and that was the same as amazon for the rigid with only 4 lights forward.
Excellent choice... Drop them a PM or give them a call tomorrow... they're really good guys. I speak from experience.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My order of "3M 1080 M12 Matte Black 5ft x 1 ft (5sq/ft) car wrap vinyl film" arrived yesterday. Cut a strip 1" wide by about 2.1" long ... trimmed the ends to a taper matching the bezel on the light .. Rigid D-SS spots. Goes on dry, so took some futzing to accomplish. Took it out tonight to see if it does the trick ... yep, side bleed is absent. Now to see if it'll stay on the lens for any length of time.

With side tape.jpg

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Side question ... where are your spots aimed? Both up-and-down and side-to-side. I currently have them aimed level up-and-down and parallel to the center line of the Jeep for side-to-side. More interested in trail visibility than high speed blacktop driving.
Sponsored