Sponsored

Cowl Cube Light with DRL (Daytime Running Light)

EXPFDR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Billet Silver JLU
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase
switch.jpg

Maybe I'm overthink this as is should be easy. My 3 way switch allows for LEDs, or DLR. I'm told from RC the blue wire is for the LEDs. Therefore, I believe the red wire feeds power into the switch. The white wires in turn feed power back to the lights for DLR, and the Blue feeds back to them for LEDs. So I assume I'll ground the black, run white to switch 3, and the blue to switch 4?
My fault, I totally forget you had the DRL lights. That is a different switch. The Tech from RC was very helpful when I called.
Sponsored

OP
OP
webwbr

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Sylvania Off Road cube lights have an accent light that can be wired as a driving light.
1659097403294.png
These are interesting... I had not seen them before. Not sure how I feel about the Sylvania brand name, but I'll research them.

Still have not seen the exact one I saw on the road that caused me to open this thread, but found some decent alternatives. Thanks.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
These are interesting... I had not seen them before. Not sure how I feel about the Sylvania brand name, but I'll research them.

Still have not seen the exact one I saw on the road that caused me to open this thread, but found some decent alternatives. Thanks.
Sylvania is a light manufacturer, so I trust their products more than I trust an off road company that rebrands a chinese product. I put a Sylvania 20" lightbar on my Jeep and the 6" lights on my sons. The 6" has the accent lights that I wired to be on with low beams and the LED lights to come on with high beams. I triggered two relays from the headlight wires.

My son goes to Appalachian State in Boone NC. He has expressed appreciation for the lights several times as that area gets bad foggy. My light was great in an NC Outer Banks storm, where I couldn't see even with the Bright JL headlights.

I recommend the sylvania LEDs.

OP
OP
webwbr

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Sylvania is a light manufacturer, so I trust their products more than I trust an off road company that rebrands a chinese product. I put a Sylvania 20" lightbar on my Jeep and the 6" lights on my sons. The 6" has the accent lights that I wired to be on with low beams and the LED lights to come on with high beams. I triggered two relays from the headlight wires.

My son goes to Appalachian State in Boone NC. He has expressed appreciation for the lights several times as that area gets bad foggy. My light was great in an NC Outer Banks storm, where I couldn't see even with the Bright JL headlights.

I recommend the sylvania LEDs.
Thanks for that context on Sylvania. I have no problem putting their bulbs in my house lamps, but I would like to think Baja/KC were better at off-road quality/design/etc. But clearly Sylvania deserves a second look. I really wish I could find somewhere where they are in stock so I can "touch/feel/see" them in real life. first. :)

Seriously, thanks again!
Sponsored