A pillar led cube light pattern

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]So Ive decided I’m going with the Rigid D-SS cube leds choosing between the KC mount or rigid mount. Just can’t choose between the driving light pattern or the spot light pattern. Will primarily be used when driving in the country but my question is this....if I go with the driving light pattern will it shine off the hood? The KC mount is single and is a A pillar mount (first pic below) The rigid one has a dual Cowl mount (second pic) or a dual A pillar mount (third pic). Any thoughts?

0D1825B9-3394-412B-BC12-EF1E502D9681.png

7E9A74F1-A925-41D7-8068-2152E5F526D5.png

F7CD2762-0E7B-4381-9008-6EEDD2B1F62C.png
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@Torque77

I've had my eyes on the Rigid dual mount, but at close to $300 I chose to wait for an option that lets you pivot the lights outwards. I like these mounts since they don't interfere with lowering the windshield. On the cowl that close to the hood, I think even with a spot there would be some glare, but nothing that would be a deal-breaker for me. Since it's not top-down season, I'm not concerned about lowering the windshield, so I went with the Go Rhino dual mount for now. Baja Designs makes a great single mount... I had these on until I switched to the Go Rhino dual cube mounts. My Rigids are the D-series midnight edition (spots) and I don't get any glare bouncing off the hood with either mount. I'm in an area that's heavily populated with deer, so the spot pattern is good enough for me. The top pic is their stock photo... second one is mine.

Go_rhino.jpg

jeep_026.jpg

OP
OP

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@Torque77

I've had my eyes on the Rigid dual mount, but at close to $300 I chose to wait for an option that lets you pivot the lights outwards. I like these mounts since they don't interfere with lowering the windshield. On the cowl that close to the hood, I think even with a spot there would be some glare, but nothing that would be a deal-breaker for me. Since it's not top-down season, I'm not concerned about lowering the windshield, so I went with the Go Rhino dual mount for now. Baja Designs makes a great single mount... I had these on until I switched to the Go Rhino dual cube mounts. My Rigids are the D-series midnight edition (spots) and I don't get any glare bouncing off the hood with either mount. I'm in an area that's heavily populated with deer, so the spot pattern is good enough for me. The top pic is their stock photo... second one is mine.

Go_rhino.jpg

jeep_026.jpg
Thanks for the info....yeah I’m sure there is going to be some sort of Black Friday discount coming where I’ll be able to get one of the mounts a little cheaper. I like the rigid d-ss lights because of the side shooter leds that will light up the sides of the Jeep regardless of light pattern, I just don’t want it glaring off the hood.

OP
OP

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m also trying to decide if I go for the white housing on the rigid d-ss or go with black or maybe a combination of both if I go the dual mount way....JLUR will be bright white once I get it next week.

45CBB62A-51A7-4362-900F-92B35B0508F5.png

EC01AD21-6589-4B74-A749-52A1B8320C6D.png

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. With Rigid Industries being as reputable as they are, I don't think they'd put out a product that's gonna produce an annoying or distracting glare. Right now, I have a combination of black Rigids and a different pair of red (front plate) cubes on the dual mount & I'm not sure I like the look (red Rubi here). The Rigids have a lower mounting point and the red cubes are centered so the Rigids sit noticeably higher, which I don't mind... it's the different color combo I'm on the fence about. Maybe black/white might look better.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. With Rigid Industries being as reputable as they are, I don't think they'd put out a product that's gonna produce an annoying or distracting glare. Right now, I have a combination of black Rigids and a different pair of red (front plate) cubes on the dual mount & I'm not sure I like the look (red Rubi here). The Rigids have a lower mounting point and the red cubes are centered so the Rigids sit noticeably higher, which I don't mind... it's the different color combo I'm on the fence about. Maybe black/white might look better.
Yeah I could maybe see the red/black combo being a little different than black and white. Firecracker red was my next choice and if I got that color I would’ve done black rigids for sure all day long. Another thing is if I went the dual route they would both be rigid so mounting points would be the same.....I’m waiting for them to open so I can ask questions on the glare if any...

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
We did the Rigid cube lights on an Artec Dual A-Pillar Bracket on our Marketing Director Malo's JLUR. Can't fold down the windshield with this set-up, but they sure look cool and work great.

We did the D-series Hyper Spots on top and the Side Shooter Spots on the bottom. The Side Shooters do a nice job of lighting up the road sides. If we were to only do one light on this JL, it would be the Side Shooters.

Rigid-fini-2.jpg

DominionsCowboy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sting Grey JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Baja Designs single mount and and thinking about switching it out for a more stable one. For a small 3-4" light it would probably be fine but I am running 7" round LED's and so they shake a bit on bumpy roads. I like the rigid rounded dual mount though if youre doing 2 sets. You can see my lights here. Got them and the wiring harness off Amazon for 55 bucks. Work amazingly.

jeep.JPG

jeep5.JPG

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
I have the Baja Designs single mount and and thinking about switching it out for a more stable one. ...
I installed the KC Hilite mounts shown in post #1 above. I suspect they can double as a recovery point ... they are very solid.
Sponsored