ARTEC JL A-pillar Dual LED Cube Light Mounts

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Hey Guys, does anyone have any experience with the Rigid D-XL Pros and Artec Mounts. I’ve contacted both Artec and Rigid and they don’t have a clue!

What I want to do is put one D-Series Pro Spot which I think is 3” and one D-XL Pro Flood which I think is 4” on each side. So one spot and one flood on the drivers side and the same on the passenger side. I think the offset of size would look good but don’t know if the XL will work with the mount?

Thanks!!!

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr

RichieRugs

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
Ordered my Artec bracket from 4 wheel parts on 4/23. They still haven’t even processed my order, incredible!

dragonslayer

First Name
kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 nissan juke
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys, does anyone have any experience with the Rigid D-XL Pros and Artec Mounts. I’ve contacted both Artec and Rigid and they don’t have a clue!

What I want to do is put one D-Series Pro Spot which I think is 3” and one D-XL Pro Flood which I think is 4” on each side. So one spot and one flood on the drivers side and the same on the passenger side. I think the offset of size would look good but don’t know if the XL will work with the mount?

Thanks!!!
One work around is to do like me, ALL 4 of my pods are combos. Flood & spot. With the Arctec mounts, horizontal adjustments aren't possible, but depending on your pods, verttical adjustments are. I was able to get darn close to perfection, for me. Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
One work around is to do like me, ALL 4 of my pods are combos. Flood & spot. With the Arctec mounts, horizontal adjustments aren't possible, but depending on your pods, verttical adjustments are. I was able to get darn close to perfection, for me. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the reply Dragonslayer! I really wanted to have a bigger and smaller body combo as I think it would look really good. I wish Arctec would chime in. The answers I got from them and Rigid via email was not helpful at all. They have no idea whether they will work. I must be nuts but I would think they should know that orv would want to find out. I was ready to spend a lot of money for this setup. Now I'm thinking about not even doing it.

Thanks again Dragonslayer!

85CJto18JL

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Jeep Insulin Powered! 2018 JLUR turned Diabetes Awareness build
So each pod is a flood / spot? all 4 ? which model...thanks!!

dragonslayer

First Name
kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 nissan juke
Vehicle Showcase
s-l1600.jpg
So each pod is a flood / spot? all 4 ? which model...thanks!!
sorry for not answering your queston. yes, all four are combo lights. as an aside, my single row bar is also a combo unit. just trying to get more bang for my bucks.

Last edited:

dragonslayer

First Name
kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 nissan juke
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20180501_215724_635.JPG forgot to mention the single row light mounted to the grille/winch guard. :muscle:

Sponsored

85CJto18JL

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Jeep Insulin Powered! 2018 JLUR turned Diabetes Awareness build
s-l1600.jpg
sorry for not answering your queston. yes, all four are combo lights. as an aside, my single row bar is also a combo unit. just trying to get more bang for my bucks.
which single row bar is that? I like not having it on top...feel like it is still able to cast though light so close to the hood?

dragonslayer

First Name
kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 nissan juke
Vehicle Showcase
It's a generic 48" bar off of Ebay. In hindsight, I should have ordered the 50" instead. I ordered the Artec bar mounts & coudn't use them with the shorter unit. I was going for a cohesive look, as far as the mounts. As I have it currently mounted, the light from the bar does bounce off of the hood, but, it doesn't bounce back at you. I guess I could angle it up a bit more, but I'm happy with the light pattern as is. And because ALL my lights are combo units, the light field is wide, high AND far! Way more light than what I expected from these lil units. No regrets here.

NachojeepSWFL

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl
20180423_120549.jpg Better view. These pods allow the mount to be inset, making it almost appear to be floating.
Slayer did you paint over the black powder coating? How many layers of paint did you apply?
I ended up using aircraft remover to strip the powder coat, primed and painted it white with a spray can and I’ve got rust on the sides already because they are a little rough.

dragonslayer

First Name
kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 nissan juke
Vehicle Showcase
Slayer did you paint over the black powder coating? How many layers of paint did you apply?
I ended up using aircraft remover to strip the powder coat, primed and painted it white with a spray can and I’ve got rust on the sides already because they are a little rough.
Sure did. I sprayed a couple coats of each, primer, paint & clear. I think stripping off the powder coating with such a harsh remover maybe wasn't such a good idea.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
20180423_120549.jpg Better view. These pods allow the mount to be inset, making it almost appear to be floating.
Nice work, sir. If I may ask, what brand/specific red did you use? I'm considering painting my brackets as well. I've used Dupli-Color Flame Red for touch-ups, but I'm curious if there's another close match.
Sponsored